Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate all the leaders work that involves a "lot that goes into the negotiations". I seems to me that there are about a half dozen questions that involve a dealer filling in the answers with numbers with a best offer. The numbers win the contest or not. Does not appear to be that hard. If someone could give some input to the forum about what is involved with negotiations it may be comforting to the members waiting to make a dealer selection decision. Thank you
Its not as easy as you make it sound .... I have a hard time arranging 10 guys getting together for one night cuz everyone has there own set of issues trying to get away from the wife and the kids ... just imagine doing that for 150 plus people where money is involved .... be patient, they are working at it
Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate all the leaders work that involves a "lot that goes into the negotiations". I seems to me that there are about a half dozen questions that involve a dealer filling in the answers with numbers with a best offer. The numbers win the contest or not. Does not appear to be that hard. If someone could give some input to the forum about what is involved with negotiations it may be comforting to the members waiting to make a dealer selection decision. Thank you
Not privy to the inside info, but I imagine the numbers/negotiations have been locked in already. Now it's about getting those numbers set in stone, i.e., the dealer wants assurances and the Group Buy negotiators wants assurances, i.e. it's down to the legalize. I imagine this can be difficult for both sides. The dealer sees this big list of "potential" buyers but it's made up of forum user names and don't want to publish a special deal just based soley on that info. The buyers don't want to switch dealers without every single detail in writing with some sort of legal teeth, which again the dealer will be hesitant to do based only on an internet forum.

Neither side wants to jump off the cliff without seeing the safety net below.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the secrecy comes from negotiating in good faith. I agree with others that is not as easy as it sounds, as 99% of dealers around the country are charging MSRP, so from a dealer perspective, they have to make sure the deal they make with us is more profitable than just sticking with the original game plan.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

to add to what others have just shared and not in any order AND just my thoughts on this on what the list of things they are working through...
Allocation numbers
Delivery costs (if applicable);
- working on delivery logistics
Ford installed parts and discounts if applicable
dealer installed parts and discounts if applicable
Number of potential orders
X-plan deal
no x-plan deal
Document fees
trade-ins
dealer financing
closing process
TT&L for out of state buyers
How best to manage questions
How this impacts non-forum reservation holders
How to manage inventory as it comes in;
- expected pick-up / hold times from buyers

With Texas being the largest reservation holding state based on submitted reservations on this forum and also considering the possibility of capturing others from near by states and I am sure there a re many more details I am not thinking about as I drink my margarita... but I get it - we are all anxious.

I know they are watching the other group buys and paying attention the the countless questions that come up and I am sure those are being worked through / talked about And considered in the Texas GB.

On the surface, nothing really seems that complicated but again, I am sure there is so much more at play than what I listed, which was more than half a dozen items.

Edit: Geez I rambled + run on sentences are my thing.

Sponsored

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Should I get x-plan? Will it make the deal from the group buy even better than without it?

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know yet, but you could wait until the deal comes out. You will not need X-Plan until you make the actual purchase and the soonest that will happen is June.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, what people are calling secrecy is really prudent preservation of good faith negotiation. You can't let other dealers acting as spoilers instead of making legit offers to get our business. All proper business negotiations are private for a reason. If you leak details then every outside party will do their best to spoil it.

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a question after reading your comments. Why is it so difficult to select a Texas dealer when it was so effortless for Granger in Iowa to come up with an offer that is transparent and published.

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a question after reading your comments. Why is it so difficult to select a Texas dealer when it was so effortless for Granger in Iowa to come up with an offer that is transparent and published.
who knows what dealers management decides for their practices .... but, this is the boat we're in

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most dealers are all about that money; Granger is the exception to the norm which is why I heavily suggested they should open up shop in Texas. They would crush all dealers here.

jdnbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My only concerns to purchase are:

Cash price out the door

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you think it is so easy you are more than welcome to start your own group buy. People seem to forget that we are doing this on our own time and without compensation. I have more than enough man hours dedicated to this group where any savings we negotiate have long been spent in my time and it is now costing me money. But I will continue to negotiate on your behalf to get you the best cash price out the door. You're welcome.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Granger deal was already born and walking and talking from the get go....these guys had to start from nothing and build it....dealers have heavy duty peer pressure from other dealers...I admit I am getting antsy...but it is best we hold tight ....till they tell us go or no go
Sponsored