First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I should be taking delivery of my BB Bronco within the next 2-3 weeks. Today I go by the Ford Dealer to touch base with them and also get a trade-in value for my 2015 f150. I have not talked to them since January when I met with the Sales Manager to place my order.
Now keep in mind, I have already looked up the KBB trade-in value of my F150 and I know that its in great condition and needs absolutely nothing. I vacuumed it out, wiped down all the panels, and ran it through the car wash right before going.

I find the sales person that was "assigned" to me when I placed my order.....I have never bought a new car from this dealership before. The Sales person remembers me.....so that's a good start! This person then says, "you have a Bronco Sport ordered, right?" I respond with, "no, I have the Big Bronco ordered....will probably be the first one your dealership receives." The sales person responds with, "oh, you're just getting the plain Bronco....not the Sport." 🤯......Two different things dumbass.....do your homework!

So after that, the sales person takes my truck around to the garage where I guess they look it over. GIves me an estimate of $4k less than KBB value.....on a new vehicle that I know good and well I'm going to be paying the sticker price for! The sales person was all happy like$20they were cutting me a break and I would only have a difference of like $20K....🙄 Needless to say they are NOT getting my truck and I didn't leave there with a warm fuzzy feeling!
Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You should have asked what car they were driving 😂😂

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Get a price from vroom and carvana. That’s how I soled my last 2 vehicles.

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I should be taking delivery of my BB Bronco within the next 2-3 weeks. Today I go by the Ford Dealer to touch base with them and also get a trade-in value for my 2015 f150. I have not talked to them since January when I met with the Sales Manager to place my order.
Now keep in mind, I have already looked up the KBB trade-in value of my F150 and I know that its in great condition and needs absolutely nothing. I vacuumed it out, wiped down all the panels, and ran it through the car wash right before going.

I find the sales person that was "assigned" to me when I placed my order.....I have never bought a new car from this dealership before. The Sales person remembers me.....so that's a good start! This person then says, "you have a Bronco Sport ordered, right?" I respond with, "no, I have the Big Bronco ordered....will probably be the first one your dealership receives." The sales person responds with, "oh, you're just getting the plain Bronco....not the Sport." 🤯......Two different things dumbass.....do your homework!

So after that, the sales person takes my truck around to the garage where I guess they look it over. GIves me an estimate of $4k less than KBB value.....on a new vehicle that I know good and well I'm going to be paying the sticker price for! The sales person was all happy like$20they were cutting me a break and I would only have a difference of like $20K....🙄 Needless to say they are NOT getting my truck and I didn't leave there with a warm fuzzy feeling!
I got an online quote from Carmax that is awesome. But I want to figure out delivery timing so I can time it just right if I sell to Carmax.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also try givemethevin.com
Not sure if you will have one around you, but they are like CarMax but you can negotiate with them. They gave me a more than fair offer for my Jeep Grand Cherokee

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tried all of of them. Carmax was the highest for me. The dealer matched it and I still received all the tax savings…

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What made you believe that dealers would suddenly become knowledgeable about their products? They've had decades to provide a bare minimum of knowledge and the salesmen rarely do.
Sponsored