First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FYI: the Zone Offroad 1" level kit is not available yet as they stated last week and will take 4-8 weeks before shipping.

I know this because i ordered the 1" level and they emailed me and said 2-8 weeks then I emailed them and asked what was realistic and they said 4-8 weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncbeau

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got a shipping notice that the level kit shipped today. More like 4-8 days.

Maybe Zone people are reading Bronco6g.com 🤔

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was getting ready to order one but as I look at pics of 2 door non SAS (What I have coming) they dont look like the front is lower by 1". Can someone that can get their hands on one confirm? I mean is the rocker panel lower in the front than in the rear?

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
IMO leveling kits fuck up the CV angles, which causes premature wear and tear. It’s better to do an actual lift that will drop the differential.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO leveling kits fuck up the CV angles, which causes premature wear and tear. It’s better to do an actual lift that will drop the differential.
I see your point and do not have the experience to argue it .... but .... considering the small amount of lift between a Base and a Squatch to fit tires from 30 to 35" , a diff drop seems wildly extreme.

At most a Base would need less than 2"?
I'll have to look that up.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see your point and do not have the experience to argue it .... but .... considering the small amount of lift between a Base and a Squatch to fit tires from 30 to 35" , a diff drop seems wildly extreme.

At most a Base would need less than 2"?
I'll have to look that up.
For your average user a small level wouldn't ruin the longevity of the CV's. If it didn't take so much effort to install the Zone kit I would consider it but I will just wait for appropriate springs down the road.

OP
OP
broncbeau

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never had any problems with a 1-2" level. On any truck. Ever.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But does anyone with a 2 door know the front is actually 1" lower?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For your average user a small level wouldn't ruin the longevity of the CV's. If it didn't take so much effort to install the Zone kit I would consider it but I will just wait for appropriate springs down the road.
Agreed. A diff drop for a mild lift seems a bit extreme and diff drops defeat part of the purpose of a lift by keeping diff low, again for a mild lift. Coilover lifts will cause the same effect on CV's as a spacer (although not if they restrict down travel), but are probably superior for other reasons. UCA's are probably need over 2ish inches.

I like the Zone since it splits lift between upper and lower mounts, but installation seems overly complex, (is it worth it for 1"?)might as well do coilovers. I had an idea to simplify installation. I should email Zone to see if they think it would work:

after looking at the install guide an easier way presents itself with this kit since it doesn't need any rotation.

1. Jack stand under A arm, suspension is compressed, remove wheel, install spring compressor (snug to hold spring in compressed state)
2. Remove upper or lower coilover retaining nuts. Raise vehicle from frame. Coilover should disengage, Remove remaining coilover nuts
3. Install kit on coilover reinstall. Lower frame lift, tighten hardware. Remove compressor.

IDK seems easier than disengaging upper ball joint, tierod and particularly CV shaft.

EDIT; EMAILED ZONE, THEIR TECH SAID THERE IS NOT ENOUGH DROOP TO INSTALL WITHOUT DISCOING UCA AND CV. He also said the good news is everything comes apart easy 'cause it's new!!

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. A diff drop for a mild lift seems a bit extreme and diff drops defeat part of the purpose of a lift by keeping diff low, again for a mild lift. Coilover lifts will cause the same effect on CV's as a spacer (although not if they restrict down travel), but are probably superior for other reasons. UCA's are probably need over 2ish inches.

I like the Zone since it splits lift between upper and lower mounts, but installation seems overly complex, (is it worth it for 1"?)might as well do coilovers. I had an idea to simplify installation. I should email Zone to see if they think it would work:

after looking at the install guide an easier way presents itself with this kit since it doesn't need any rotation.

1. Jack stand under A arm, suspension is compressed, remove wheel, install spring compressor (snug to hold spring in compressed state)
2. Remove upper or lower coilover retaining nuts. Raise vehicle from frame. Coilover should disengage, Remove remaining coilover nuts
3. Install kit on coilover reinstall. Lower frame lift, tighten hardware. Remove compressor.

IDK seems easier than disengaging upper ball joint, tierod and particularly CV shaft.
I would imagine that a spring compressor would ease the installation but would it fit and most would have to rent one.
Sponsored