Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76' Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dyehard - How much clearance do you have between the Upper Control Arms and the Front Tires?
I will look tonight and take a picture. I know I'm not rubbing anywhere but I will try to get a shot where you can see the gap.
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice,
Can you post a pick when you get the spacers on to show the new clearance from the tire to the upper control.
Absolutely. Keep in mind, if you're on 35s, this may not be an issue

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are your Lug Nuts going to have enough thread to safely mount your wheels with a .75" Wheel Spacer???

Last edited:

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are your Lub Nuts going to have enough thread with a .75" Wheel Spacer???
The lugs in the spacer are the same size as the factory, so it shouldn't be an issue. You're thinking of the smaller spacers that don't have lugs in them. These look similar to the ones I had on my old 4Runner (see pics).

spacers 2.jpg

spacers 3.jpg

spacers.jpg

Last edited:

Dyehard

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76' Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dyehard - How much clearance do you have between the Upper Control Arms and the Front Tires?
Here are pictures of my clearance. One is tires straight and the next two are fully right and fully left.

53D7C28C-8DEA-4992-ABC8-471D5F486C00.jpeg

9292DCCB-94E8-4CAA-A9B0-9363CAEBA137.jpeg

D2356E5B-12F5-4FBF-B108-9B72A224252C.jpeg

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With that type of Spacer will you have to cut the Original Lugs so there are not longer than the 3/4" Spacer?

Usually it's the 1.25" spacer that you would not need to cut/shorten the Lugs.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With that type of Spacer will you have to cut the Original Lugs so there are not longer than the 3/4" Spacer?

Nope, the back of the Sasquatch wheels have recesses between the lugs on the inside and the spacer lugs are the same size as the factory ones.

Sponsored

Oj_garza

First Edition
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ran into the same issue with the ZONE 3" Zone adventure series lift lit, as 12.5 inch tires rub on the control arm if you use the factory wheel like i did... I went with purchasing the ford performance beauty rings, to add red accent to the area 51 bronco but after several conversations with zone and bds (Same Company BTW) aftermarket wheels are recommended. See the comments from zone ( Sport Truck USA) below. I will also provide the video links that are just like the pictures above from (Bird_Dog_Overland ) that show the rub on any wheel below a 5 offset... You will notice below that the BDS arm also has the same specs according to the engineers. I would of thought the increased angle of the arms would give room... I blocked out the PII information of the individuals, but left the information of the companies that have been helping with this early information. You will notice I was very disappointed with the long wait. Shame on zone as these details should of been available before spend as beauty rings, tires, and lift kit. Hope this helps the group as it is long but has great detail. I am also working with 4 different performance shops in the San Antonio TX area to help get them up to speed for other bronco owners.

Driver Side UCR Turn Left
Driver Side UCR Turn Right
Passenger Side UCR Turn Left

Date: January 31, 2022 at 9:56:54 AM CST
To: "O.J. Garza"
Subject: RE: Ford Bronco Coil-over Kit.
I apologize that was for the BDS arm. Below is for the Zone arms which is basically the same thing. The entire Zone lift kit including the Arms calls for 5-5.5.

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) 1644072005555

XXXXXXXX
Customer Service and Technical Support
Sport Truck USA
(517) 279-2135
[ATTACH type="full" alt="A screenshot of a cell phone

Description automatically generated"]261895[/ATTACH]
***This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox.***

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 10:41 AM
To: [email protected]>; [email protected]
Subject: Re: Ford Bronco Coil-over Kit.

And what about the BDS control arm? Does it have more clearance?

Omar J Garza

Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 7:43 AM
To: O.J. Garza

The 37’s will work with the arms but not with the factory wheel back spacing. I recommend 5.5” or less back spacing to clear the UCA. Spacers are one way to achieve this if that is the route you choose. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) 1644072005653

XXXXXX
Sport Truck USA
(517) 279-2135

Description automatically generated"]261897[/ATTACH]
***This e-mail message is intended only for individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you believe you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your mailbox.***

Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2022 11:24 AM
To: XXXXXX@ridefox.com>; XXXXX@alamotruckgear.com

XXXXXX,

This is a First Edition Bronco with the Sasquatch package so we have the adventure series 3 lift kit (Part # ZONF97). I am running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss 37 x12.5 R. 17 on the Stock Wheels. XXXXXX from Alamo truck was also trying to reach out to your technical team to see if it was OK to run 1/4 spacer. I am very not happy after the long wait with the outcome and also looking to see if same issue will be happening with the BDS version of the control arms. The whole purpose of this kit was to add 37" tires.

Omar J Garza

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:05 PM

Thank you for choosing Zone Offroad. I would like to dig into this a bit for you but first can you give me some more information? What size wheels and tires are you running? What lift do you have with the control arms? What bronco package do you have?

XXXXXX
Sport Truck USA
(517) 279-2135

Description automatically generated"]261896[/ATTACH]

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 1:57 PM
To: XXXXXX@ridefox.com>
Subject: FW: Ford Bronco Coil-over Kit.

Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022 12:30 PM
To: XXXXXX@ridefox.com>; XXXXXXX@alamotruckgear.com

*** This email is from an external source ***

XXXXXX,

After the very long wait, I wanted to share some disappointment with your team on the control arms. I have added a few video for your review on my 2021 Bronco. Would like to see if there is a remedy for this. I have also looped in XXXXX from Alamo Truck Gear. Do you have any update on the BDS arms?

Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2021 2:50 PM
Cc: xxxxx@maxdalt.com
Subject: Ford Bronco Coil-over Kit.

This is XXXXX from Zone Offroad/BDS Suspension. The bushings on our Control Arms for the Bronco kits were defective. We are getting new bushings made up, and these should start shipping out in the near future. Our sales team has not receive a firm date yet. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out.

XXXXXXX
Inside Sales Representative
Sport Truck USA Inc
(P) 517-279-2135
Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) 1644072005612

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) Bronco Rear

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) Bronco Sid

Driver Side UCR Turn Left
Driver Side UCR Turn Right
Passenger Side UCR Turn Left

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) 1644072005710

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) 1644072005681

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) et%2fassets%2fmail%2ffile-icon%2fpng%2fvideo_16x16

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) et%2fassets%2fmail%2ffile-icon%2fpng%2fvideo_16x16

Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) assets%2fmail%2ffile-icon%2fpng%2fcloud_blue_16x16

Last edited:

Oj_garza

First Edition
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

does not seem like enough room for a qtr inch spacer according to the performance shops that I have been working with

Pepino

Badlands
First Name
JUAN JOSE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD BRONCO BADLANDS SASQUATCH 2 DOOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine on today. Getting 37X12.5r17 KM3s on Friday!!!
Ford Bronco Zone Offroad 3" 3.5" and 4" Lift Kits for 2021 Bronco (Sasquatch and Non-Sasquatch) assets%2fmail%2ffile-icon%2fpng%2fcloud_blue_16x16

Some before and After photos:

How are you liking this kit? any complains? wrote to you on instagram but messages dont seem to go through.

Oj_garza

First Edition
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
having to get spacers for mine as I had rub at control arm when wheel is turned all the way to right and left. I place some details with video on thread.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are you liking this kit? any complains? wrote to you on instagram but messages dont seem to go through.
TBH, it rides just as good as stock IMO. I forget the KM3s are even there, lol. The biggest difference by far is getting in/out of the truck for me. Ordered the Rock Slide Engineering sliders to help with that. My 0.75" Bora hub centric spacers have shipped, so the UCA clearance issue will be resolved shortly.
Sponsored