Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently installed zroadz pod lights into the modular front bumper of my 2022 Wildtrak with Lux pacakge.

Here is how I went about it for the benefit of anyone looking to do the same...

These pods lights require 10A of draw. Each of the (6) pod lights draw 20W. Total amperage was calculated as Amperage = TotalW / Voltage [10A = 120 total watts / 12 volts].

You can look up the location and colors of the AUX powered and non-powered circuits as well as the amperage of each of the powered circuits in your owners manual. On my Bronco AUX1 can handle 30A, AUX2 15A, and the remaining AUX circuits 10A. I chose AUX2 for my installation as I was not comfortable putting a 10A draw on a 10A circuit - best to leave some headroom so you don't keep blowing fuses.

The zroadz kit comes with a wiring harness that includes a relay and a switch. In my case I wanted to use my AUX2 powered circuit (15A) so I ended up cutting the harness, keeping only the (3) connectors and red/black 16GA leads to each side (L/R).

I grounded each of the Black leads to a ground point on the L/R side and connected the Red leads into the purple/gray non-powered circuit on top of the radiator. I then connected this Purple/Gray lead into the Green/Brown AUX2 powered lead located by the driver side firewall.

I am pretty impressed with how FoMoCo has left these non-powered circuits embedded all over the vehicle. Makes it easy to tap into. Also impressed with the bundle of powered AUX leads all in one easy spot.

Here are some photos....
Ford Bronco ZROADZ Bumper Pods wired to AUX switch 67968539888__E2108109-A930-4221-BD96-D505993CF7B2

Red lead from left and right pods into Purple/Gray non-powered circuit located at the top of the radiator.
Ford Bronco ZROADZ Bumper Pods wired to AUX switch IMG_2411

Driver side pod grounded directly to battery ground.
Ford Bronco ZROADZ Bumper Pods wired to AUX switch IMG_2412

Passenger Pod grounded to ECU ground point.
Ford Bronco ZROADZ Bumper Pods wired to AUX switch IMG_2413

Driver side firewall. Connected purple/gray non-powered circuit to Green/Brown powered circuit (AUX2).

Ford Bronco ZROADZ Bumper Pods wired to AUX switch IMG_2415
Sponsored