Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for rock slide/steps to replace the factory Badlands rock sliders so my wife can more easily get into the Bronco and also offer some protection for rock slides.

I am considering the Zroadz slider/step and realize they are not frame-mounted, so they won't offer ultimate protection, but they look great, do a good job of covering the pinch weld, and will probably work for my needs.

I was also considering the RTRs, which look similar, but they are overpriced, and I don't like how they are boxed on the mounts, which looks like they will hang up more than the Zroadz.

So looking for feedback from those that have the Zroadz option. Thanks!

M143878004.jpeg
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed my zroadz last January and I have been on several off-roading trips. I haven't had any issues and I've done some pretty technical trails with some good size rocks. I've had do issues even when coming down on rocks with the sliders. I think they have held up nicely and they have also protected the side of the vehicle from rocks on gravel roads.

OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed my zroadz last January and I have been on several off-roading trips. I haven't had any issues and I've done some pretty technical trails with some good size rocks. I've had do issues even when coming down on rocks with the sliders. I think they have held up nicely and they have also protected the side of the vehicle from rocks on gravel roads.
Thanks this is the kind of feedback I had hoped for. Do you think they help getting into the truck? I have a few inch lift and hoping this will help. Also how in the way are they when getting out?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks this is the kind of feedback I had hoped for. Do you think they help getting into the truck? I have a few inch lift and hoping this will help. Also how in the way are they when getting out?
My wife uses them when getting in and out. I didn't really need them for that but Liked the option for her. Its kind of awkward because they sit high on the body which is nice as the don't take up much of your clearance, but when you step on them, you are almost up in the truck at that point.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had them on about 7 months and I love them. I bought them as a step for my wife (like many folks). And as a normal size driver, I have to kinda climb over them. I have a level lift and 35s so getting in requires a hop and a slide into the seat. It works fine for me. But getting out sometimes involves dragging my ass or legs across the sliders. They end up with clean spot right in front of the door, that happens to match the dirty spot on my pants. ha ha.

But they have worked out phenomenally as rock sliders. -go figure. I have hung up on them and they show no wear at all. I'm really happy with them for scraping over rocks.

And they work out to be really good flying rock protection too. My tires have huge lugs and when they pick up rocks, they are biggens. I try to manually clear them before getting back on pavement and speed, but sometimes I miss one or I forget. When I do, the tires throw the rock up under the sliders. It's a bit jarring, but it's what you want.

The last benefit that I had never considered is these protect you from door dings. I don't worry about parking in tight spots because regular size cars just whack the door into the sliders.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had them on about 7 months and I love them. I bought them as a step for my wife (like many folks). And as a normal size driver, I have to kinda climb over them. I have a level lift and 35s so getting in requires a hop and a slide into the seat. It works fine for me. But getting out sometimes involves dragging my ass or legs across the sliders. They end up with clean spot right in front of the door, that happens to match the dirty spot on my pants. ha ha.

But they have worked out phenomenally as rock sliders. -go figure. I have hung up on them and they show no wear at all. I'm really happy with them for scraping over rocks.

And they work out to be really good flying rock protection too. My tires have huge lugs and when they pick up rocks, they are biggens. I try to manually clear them before getting back on pavement and speed, but sometimes I miss one or I forget. When I do, the tires throw the rock up under the sliders. It's a bit jarring, but it's what you want.

The last benefit that I had never considered is these protect you from door dings. I don't worry about parking in tight spots because regular size cars just whack the door into the sliders.
Great feedback thank you! I was concerned about the hitting them when getting out more for my wife than myself but that is true with all step/sliders of course.

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I installed the PowerXL power steps from Amp Research on my First Edition. They mounted up directly in place of the rock sliders. Being 65, the hop up into my truck was too much for my old knees. The steps make it much easier to enter the truck. The steps are one piece, but aluminum. They should provide some of the protection of the original sliders.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They rock slide just fine been to Moab with them and ran part of the Rubicon trail yesterday.

Ford Bronco Zroadz Rock Slider Side Step Feedback? PXL_20221030_182033339

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just put them on my 2 door. Wife wanted a step like others have said. She is happy now.
Took less than hour to unbox, remove the stock rock rails, install the Zroadz and cleanup. Mounts exactly the same way as the Badlands rails.

On the Box UPS wrote 85lbs so ~75-80lbs for the pair which felt about right.

Ford Bronco Zroadz Rock Slider Side Step Feedback? 20221101_160248

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just put them on my 2 door. Wife wanted a step like others have said. She is happy now.
Took less than hour to unbox, remove the stock rock rails, install the Zroadz and cleanup. Mounts exactly the same way as the Badlands rails.

On the Box UPS wrote 85lbs so ~75-80lbs for the pair which felt about right.

Ford Bronco Zroadz Rock Slider Side Step Feedback? 20221101_160248
looks great.
rock sliders high enough to cover the pinch weld? do you have side pictures?

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
looks great.
rock sliders high enough to cover the pinch weld? do you have side pictures?
They're basically level with the pinch weld. It's dark outside now, so i took this pic in the garage.

Ford Bronco Zroadz Rock Slider Side Step Feedback? 20221101_182328

Last edited:
OP
OP
DangerMTBBronco

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They basically level with the pinch weld. It's dark outside now, so i took this pic in the garage.

Looks great! Covers the pinch weld nicely.

aniljavali

Badlands
First Name
Anil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands '22 & Tesla 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're basically level with the pinch weld. It's dark outside now, so i took this pic in the garage.

perfect, this is my first preference, works as steps for wife and kids.
Sponsored