Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup, but walked/drive away without any carnage in large part to his ZroadZ.

Yup. That's the reason it's worth good armor if you are going to play offroad. One oops can cost a lot more than the armor. I have run over rocks or logs just right on a trail and had them flip up HARD. Body mount sliders that have extended coverage are usually a first upgrade for me, along with a front skid that covers the oil pan if needed. For the cost Zroadz, I would do something different personally. They are body mounted and they are all mild steel, they don't use DOM tubing. The mounts are pretty thin and use small hardware compared to RCI, White Knuckle, BAMF, etc. All that considered, they are priced almost the same as heavy duty options.
Sponsored

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. That's the reason it's worth good armor if you are going to play offroad. One oops can cost a lot more than the armor. I have run over rocks or logs just right on a trail and had them flip up HARD. Body mount sliders that have extended coverage are usually a first upgrade for me, along with a front skid that covers the oil pan if needed. For the cost Zroadz, I would do something different personally. They are body mounted and they are all mild steel, they don't use DOM tubing. The mounts are pretty thin and use small hardware compared to RCI, White Knuckle, BAMF, etc. All that considered, they are priced almost the same as heavy duty options.
To each his/her own. I was actually at Bronco Big Bear Bash hon that video I posted was shot. I saw that Bronco after he cam back to base camp, and also saw the video. After watching the video I went an check out the ZroadZ and they hardly had a mark on them. So I was convinced, and went with them to replace my factory sliders. they also provide a step, protect against door dings, and catch a lot of the rocks that get thrown up by the SAS tires. So, overall, they meet me needs. Bottom line, is that I won't ever do anything more than that trail, and probably not even anything that tough, so the ZroadZ are fine for me. Again, your milage will vary depending on how you plan to use your Bronco.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To each his/her own. I was actually at Bronco Big Bear Bash hon that video I posted was shot. I saw that Bronco after he cam back to base camp, and also saw the video. After watching the video I went an check out the ZroadZ and they hardly had a mark on them. So I was convinced, and went with them to replace my factory sliders. they also provide a step, protect against door dings, and catch a lot of the rocks that get thrown up by the SAS tires. So, overall, they meet me needs. Bottom line, is that I won't ever do anything more than that trail, and probably not even anything that tough, so the ZroadZ are fine for me. Again, your milage will vary depending on how you plan to use your Bronco.

Yeah, meant no offence. They look good and will work as you stated. I have winched on mine sideways and use them to pivot around rocks and trees, so I want to make sure they will stand up to abuse. All depends on how hard you will use them.

BroncoJoerg

Badlands
First Name
Joerg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, meant no offence. They look good and will work as you stated. I have winched on mine sideways and use them to pivot around rocks and trees, so I want to make sure they will stand up to abuse. All depends on how hard you will use them.
No, no worries, I think we are in violent agreement here. :) It all depends on your c use case and it sounds like yours is more demanding than mine.
Sponsored