Sponsored

(fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly)

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are a few that I have a love/hate or hate/hate view of:
Husky rear floor mat - It is molded about 1-2" higher than the hump in the floor so it just collects dirt underneath that area. The designer/engineer sent a new mat, but it has the same issue. BUT I love the extended coverage over the door sill that Husky offers over the OEM mat. Definitely needs more refinement
IAG rear cup holder - they sent a replacement magnet totally unprovoked/unrequested (which was nice - have always had great service from them) but the metal bracket does not work to secure the cupholder down with ANY type of floor mat installed. And having it down on the floor just doesn't work for daily life with my family/two kids.
100% agree with the cup holder. I've already swapped it for a different style I think I found on Amazon. Ford really needs to fix this in new MYs.
Sponsored

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford hood protector. It has zero lift to it to send stones overwhelming roof and as far as protecting the front edge from chips, 3m clear tape will do the same.

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.
Thxe hood protector was only slightly effective driving Missouri and Oklahoma in August. Probably would have been worse without it.

At first, I was bummed out by the gaps on the the Ford cargo drawer. But I carry a 12x12x3/4-inch plywood pad to foot my jack, and I slide it in on one side. On the other, I keep a long golf umbrella and a couple of tightly rolled rain jackets. But the thing adds a lot of weight--a serious issue with the Badlands.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do they make those dumb angry headlights for the Bronco yet like I see on the Jeeps? I serious hate those more than I should. LOL I automatically think the driver is an idiot. Please tell me they don't exist for the Bronco. If they do then that is the dumbest accessory.
I don't know what you don't like about this? They should come from the factory looking like this beauty! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco (fun list!) Bronco accessories to be avoided! (keep it friendly) 1713796470404-l2

PlayTime

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2dr 2.3L OBX non-SAS Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, the "grumper" grill is available :sick:
Jeeps get Angry and Broncos get Grumpy. There's a whole series of memes and quotes waiting to happen here... I'm going to dust off my Disneyland Grumpy dwarf hoodie today!

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

How about the Ford slide-out cargo gizmo that claims to let you stretch out for sleeping in the Bronco or sitting on it, like a tailgate? We looked long and hard at adding one while doing the "Build and Price" at the dealer's. I thought it would be like sitting on the tailgate, enjoying the view, and having a cold one as we do on my truck. The wife objected that it was not solid enough to be functional and was overpriced, which I agreed with, and we decided against it. Did we do the right thing? Does anybody have one who likes it?
It came as standard on my 24 HE and if you have dogs it is indispensable. I have 2 Crates that sit right to the rear tailgate edge and when I'm putting E-Collars on or just loading them in the crates the slide-out tailgate makes it that much easier. Additionally I use it as a work bench when I am doing various projects and even stand on it to wash the top. It is very sturdy, well designed and I would have added it if it did not come as a standard.

Sponsored

BRONCO_MARC

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It came as standard on my 24 HE and if you have dogs it is indispensable. I have 2 Crates that sit right to the rear tailgate edge and when I'm putting E-Collars on or just loading them in the crates the slide-out tailgate makes it that much easier. Additionally I use it as a work bench when I am doing various projects and even stand on it to wash the top. It is very sturdy, well designed and I would have added it if it did not come as a standard.
Larry, thanks! We do not have dogs, but if you can stand on one without issues, it should be stable enough to sit on and drink iced tea after hiking. We can always add one later...

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Larry, thanks! We do not have dogs, but if you can stand on one without issues, it should be stable enough to sit on and drink iced tea after hiking. We can always add one later...
With 2 Brittany's, ages 2 & 3 I can only wish to have the opportunity to sit on it:LOL: It has a 600# rating and its very stable.

TerryB

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands Sasquatch, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snorkel—Unless you live in Australia and have done all the other things required to waterproof your bronco it serves no purpose and screams mall-crawler.
Hood Protector—Looks absolutely horrible. Spend the money on 3M or PFE. Ditto for mud flaps. Although not quite as ugly.

FYI—Long time jeeper and everyone, and i mean everyone but two people, makes fun of the angry grilles.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford hood protector. It has zero lift to it to send stones overwhelming roof and as far as protecting the front edge from chips, 3m clear tape will do the same.

Ford cargo drawer. Pain to remove and reinstall on as needed. Cannot access the trunk without removing drawer. Width is short and leaves 2-4 " open space on each side for stuff to fall into.
I have to disagree with the cargo drawer. I agree, the gaps are annoying but I stuffed grey foam rubber in the side gaps and my Maxxtraxx go between the seat and the rear of the drawer. Problem solved!

DewarT

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Door handle cups from StickerFab. Great idea, terrible execution (poor China Mfg quality). First one snapped in two when inserted into the door handle and gouged the door panel. Thankfully they were cheap enough that I tossed them in the trash.

Sponsored

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snorkel—Unless you live in Australia and have done all the other things required to waterproof your bronco it serves no purpose and screams mall-crawler.
Hood Protector—Looks absolutely horrible. Spend the money on 3M or PFE. Ditto for mud flaps. Although not quite as ugly.

FYI—Long time jeeper and everyone, and i mean everyone but two people, makes fun of the angry grilles.
They don't bother me I like the way they look and we
are also long time Jeepers traded in our Rubicon for our Bronco. Did not have an angry grill, but didn't matter to me what others did to their trucks it's their money🤷‍♀️

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine had the hood protector when I bought it. While I don’t love the looks, I also don’t have any windshield chips in 18,000 miles.
I've got over 40K on mine, and still on my first windshield. At least some of that luck has to be thanks to the hood protector.

fdchief

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch, 1995 F250, 2018 Rebel R2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iced Tea? Is that code for something with Barley and Hops? :D

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know.... it's amazon. Gave a couple things a try and resorted back to better quality.

Ditch light brackets, these rattled bad but in it's defense, I have XL80s which are heavy.
A-Pillar Light Bar Brackets for Bronco, Front Bumper LED Ditch Light Bracket for 3" Light Pod Compatible with 2021-2023 Ford Bronco 2/4 Door

Bumper hoop, again rattle so bad I had to turn them off. Had 2 LP6 mounted and had to again, purchase something of higher quality
Bull Bar Front Bumper Grille Brush Guard, Modular Spotlight Bull Bar Off Road Front Bumper Rack
How do they rattle, I used the same ones with no issues? Not the prettiest, but certainly do the job!