Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I had my 2.3l MT88 AA replaced recently when it went in for a TSB.

They pulled it apart, after confirming they had all the parts to do it, then had it partially disassembled- told me they needed and ordered more parts - and then went the route of getting a new transmission installed instead. Eventually got it back to me after about a week.

The thing I find odd, is I brought it in with the Odometer at 7217kms, that’s 1117kms… I got it back at 8334… does that seem like an excessive amount of kms to have driven to road test? About 10hrs or so of driving.

Should I have air tagged the vehicle? Or is that a standard amount of kms to test?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Some of that could have been dyno/lifted just to spin the gears.

Not sure about a thousand km worth but …

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a lot of miles or kms. Two questions, are you sure you noted the correct mileage when you dropped it off? Did you ask them about the BIG discrepancy?

That amount of miles is a lengthy road trip and not something you can cover up easily. Don’t ask your service advisor…I’d go straight to the service manager although he could’ve been the one driving it. That amount of mileage is something to investigate for sure.

Good luck keep us posted!

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, that is a lot of kilometers. Maybe an extended drive around the block would have worked, but that is road trip territory.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey all, I had my 2.3l MT88 AA replaced recently when it went in for a TSB.

They pulled it apart, after confirming they had all the parts to do it, then had it partially disassembled- told me they needed and ordered more parts - and then went the route of getting a new transmission installed instead. Eventually got it back to me after about a week.

The thing I find odd, is I brought it in with the Odometer at 7217kms, that’s 1117kms… I got it back at 8334… does that seem like an excessive amount of kms to have driven to road test? About 10hrs or so of driving.

Should I have air tagged the vehicle? Or is that a standard amount of kms to test?
How did you come about the original km's? if you recorded it then yes and I'd ask the service manager for an explanation .... if it's from the work order, then who knows, could have been misread/written down so might be hard to make a case about it.

Sponsored

JEMSA

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, 82 F350, 91 MX5, 93 MX5, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gee, exact same steps for my manual repair, word for word. I didn’t pay close attention to odometer but ballpark sense was that it was taken on a lengthy test drive too. Since they held it so long for parts and then new unit complete I suspected it was driven a bunch. But I didn’t document or pay that close attention. My service was finished just over a week ago.

I myself then drove it for an overland excursion in Big Bend Natl Park followed by eclipse totality chase for a total of 1,500 miles on new transmission. Huge improvement. Silent, smooth, all gears.

So I ignored my annoyance on odometer.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about your dealer but mine documents the mileage on the service slip. I'd certainly be asking for an explanation.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That seems extremely excessive. Maybe the km's on the repair order were just incorrectly entered when it was brought in like @Lowcountry Bronco mentioned?
If you send me your VIN I can see the mileage for pretty much every day as long as connected data is working. That's probably the only way to know for certain.
Sponsored