Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Onion Creek is beautiful and easy but you can step up the difficulty by continuing on the Kokopelli Trail which traverses some awesome backcountry. Plus it can dump you out in the back end of the Sand Flats Recreation Area to continue your off-road adventuring.
Always an option.

I was thinking more of an opening day, Welcome to Moab type run. Did something similar with Long Canyon, Dead Horse Point & Shaffer Switchbacks last year. It was all about the scenery ;).

I'm flexible & things are still pretty fluid being so far out 🤠
Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not hating anything bronco related, just stating a fact. SCE is not what it was, ask anyone who's attended for years. Just because someone has a different opinion than yours, does make them a hater. I don't think you get it if that's what you think. And you're proving my point....
It seems the organizer of SCE let the floodgates open when Ford came and displayed the new Bronco and then opened participation to 6G owners. I understand the business opportunity the 6G brings to Bronco Driver Magazine and all of the retailers and, as a former owner of a 1975 Bronco (not offroaded) and current 6G owner (offroaded), I can see where 1-5G would like to have their own thing unspoiled by progress and crowds caused by allowing an in-production model into the fold. I probably lean toward the 1-5G side myself. I generally avoid crowds anyway.

Separately related to the Moab event, the state of Utah requires education for some categories of OHV though not 4x4 trucks. https://recreation.utah.gov/off-highway-vehicles/ohv-education-course/

Sometimes you have to force people to learn.

I assume the club that puts this on is doing it out of the kindness of their hearts and as volunteers so maybe these suggestions are a bridge too far. Maybe the organizers should consider requiring the education course for admission to their event.
Maybe also charge first time attendees $50 more and mail them a copy of this book too. I read it cover to cover and found it a great resource to pair up your rig capability and skill level to appropriate trails
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Safari @Moab permit denied; 30 days to appeal! C5FBAE68-0717-4732-B84B-C911BADF839D

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you like the challenges :) I will have my better larger tires on for Moab.
I have every intention of being on beadlocked Maxxis RAZRs this time around, they should get after it pretty well.

Onion Creek is beautiful and easy but you can step up the difficulty by continuing on the Kokopelli Trail which traverses some awesome backcountry. Plus it can dump you out in the back end of the Sand Flats Recreation Area to continue your off-road adventuring.
Great plan. My goal is to run at least twice the trails next year. Tuesday-Friday I got a whopping 4 in and it wasn't enough.

Sponsored

DV8offroad

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dv8offroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco's & Jeep's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats a shame, you guys should look into attending United By Bronco in Sand Hollow, Utah at the end of February, beginning of March.

Unitedbybronco.com

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@DV8offroad
Moab does't want my money, I'm heading to Sand Hollow next year. But still going this November. Oh Ya
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Safari @Moab permit denied; 30 days to appeal! 4  Hells Revenge

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thats a shame, you guys should look into attending United By Bronco in Sand Hollow, Utah at the end of February, beginning of March.

Unitedbybronco.com
We may try that event in 2025 its only another 9 hours of driving past Moab lol.

Sponsored

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Elephant Hill 5 ---> 33's Minimum. Lockers could come in handy Limited to 3 vehicles per group. Park only gives out 24 day-use permits per day for this trail
Was just talking with a Moab veteran and he said in regard to Elephant Hill "That one yes go do and take anyone not in a giant full-size, raptors get wedged in lol. Go out to convergence point and take the short hike out there, it is well worth the time."

It's heartbreaking. I've been trying to talk myself into a trip before the closures to try to catch a few closed trails before they're gone forever.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just talking with a Moab veteran and he said in regard to Elephant Hill "That one yes go do and take anyone not in a giant full-size, raptors get wedged in lol. Go out to convergence point and take the short hike out there, it is well worth the time."

It's heartbreaking. I've been trying to talk myself into a trip before the closures to try to catch a few closed trails before they're gone forever.
Let's plan on it 🤠

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah I can't fit through so I wont be doing Elephant Hill. I am 3" wider than stock already.

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've done Elephant Hill in my FJ Cruiser. This is one of the best trails in Moab. Out of the 20 trails we have done this one is my wife's favorite. It's tricky to organize a group in there however because the park only allows so many vehicles in there per day. The trail starts out by having to back down the trail in order to make a 90 degree turn to actually start the trail. How many trails have you run that start out like this? LOL

I've been to Moab many times in my Toyota over the years. Last year was the first year in our new Bronco. What works very well with a non-organized group of people is to meet at the City Market at 8 or 9 AM. Then everyone decides which trail to run. If the group is close to 10 vehicles, then 2 trails can be run with 2 groups. I have even been there when we ran 3 groups of 5 vehicles. 10 vehicles are the maximum for a fun run, JMO.
Sponsored