Sponsored

2025 mini "Land Cruiser FJ" Production Confirmed.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Production of the new Mini FJ Cruiser has now been confirmed for Jan 2025. It will be produced in Mexico in both ICE and EV forms. Expect Toyota to reveal it by late summer to early fall.

ation-2023-6th-generation-i-have-seen-img_8263-png.png
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Bronco Sport competitor is what it looks to be positioned as. Personally, I think it looks terrible...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Production of the new Mini FJ Cruiser has now been confirmed for Jan 2025. It will be produced in Mexico in both ICE and EV forms. Expect Toyota to reveal it by late summer to early fall.

Ford Bronco 2025 mini "Land Cruiser FJ" Production Confirmed. ation-2023-6th-generation-i-have-seen-img_8263-
So ... Mexico and BoF ... Tacoma based possibly???

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So ... Mexico and BoF ... Tacoma based possibly???
Yes, it shares the common architecture of the BOF GA-F platform, like the Tacoma, and the same 2.4 engine, if we are to believe the production schedule.

The upcoming Stout mini pickup will be based on the Rav-4 platform, some early info was the new FJ would share it as well but it seems to have gone BOF.

I think I see a few Pajero and Samurai people smiling.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, it shares the common architecture of the BOF GA-F platform, like the Tacoma, and the same 2.4 engine, if we are to believe the production schedule.

The upcoming Stout mini pickup will be based on the Rav-4 platform, some early info was the new FJ would share it as well but it seems to have gone BOF.

I think I see a few Pajero and Samurai people smiling.
so is this not the new 4Runner? Toyota is really gonna have a lot of SUV options in 2024-2025

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so is this not the new 4Runner? Toyota is really gonna have a lot of SUV options in 2024-2025
Thr mini FJ Cruiser is different than the new 6th gen 4Runner, it is still coming, potentially in the same timeframe.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toyota is doing everything to send more purchase dollars to Ford. They are releasing all kind of off+roady shit except what people really want - an updated 4runnner.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Toyota is doing everything to send more purchase dollars to Ford. They are releasing all kind of off+roady shit except what people really want - an updated 4runnner.
Stay tuned, it's coming, for those that want one, along with plenty of other reliable alternatives, that people do want.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stay tuned, it's coming, for those that want one, along with plenty of other reliable alternatives, that people do want.
Too late for me. I wanted the updated 4runner back in 2020 but was not willing to buy anything newer than the 2nd model year, preferably third. Toyota kept pushing it out, which would have put me into a new vehicle I. 2028. Was not willing to put up with the JK Wrangler for that long, so now I drive a Bronco. BIG upgrade over the Wrangler but I am still skeptical of Ford reliability. I tend to keep vehicles for around 10-11 years.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's boxy enough and doesn't look horrible like the upcoming Land Cruiser my wife will more than likely get one. If not then it'll be a redesigned 4Runner. She loves the FJ.

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I can't get excited about these poorly QC-ed American/Mexican assembled Toyotas. I still follow social media groups after my new Sequoia and RAV4 Prime ownership.

Was highly interested in the new Land Cruiser (Japanese built) because of how solid my RAV4 Prime was. Do not want another rattle-box like my American-assembled Sequoia. I could write an essay on the poor decision designs on that vehicle too.

Weirdly, my first Bronco - 2Dr Big Bend - had serious rattle issues everywhere but my 23 Heritage seems to be well assembled without rattles.

EDIT: I've been following the American-assembled Grand Highlander too which has numerous gas-only-trim drivetrain issues.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1tt7_aLaT6fm68T19Hgj7lsd4AqBIItQl0zNRGkrnE50/viewanalytics

Ford Bronco 2025 mini "Land Cruiser FJ" Production Confirmed. 1706558663236

Last edited:
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New info from the credible Japan auto publication Best Car magazine, BOF confirmed, coming this year to the US.

Sponsored