Sponsored

7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print)

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey All, I made a thing and figured I'd share. I wanted to use some of my Yeti mugs in my bronc, but they wouldn't fit in the 7MT cup holders. I got tired of spilling coffee everywhere when they would inevitably fall over, so I designed and printed an adapter. I probably could have gone out and bought a generic one, but it seemed more fun to try my hand at designing and printing one. Link to my model is below if you've got a printer and want to give it a whirl!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6542680

I'm not saavy with 3D modelling stuff, this is my first try using a "real" CAD program (well, FreeCAD). I'm accustomed to using TinkerCAD which is MUCH more basic. I'm hoping to get comfortable enough with decent modelling software that I can casually rapid prototype things and/or make useful parts. It's fun!

This was also the first thing I made with a printer I got a few months back (Elegoo Neptune 4 for a little over $200). It turned out pretty well compared to what my older printer would kick out (MP Select Mini).

couple of pics:
Ford Bronco 7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print) IMG_7122

Ford Bronco 7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print) IMG_7124

Ford Bronco 7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print) IMG_7125

Ford Bronco 7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print) IMG_7127

Ford Bronco 7MT Cup Holder Upgrade: Mug Adapter (3D Print) IMG_7133
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey All, I made a thing and figured I'd share. I wanted to use some of my Yeti mugs in my bronc, but they wouldn't fit in the 7MT cup holders. I got tired of spilling coffee everywhere when they would inevitably fall over, so I designed and printed an adapter. I probably could have gone out and bought a generic one, but it seemed more fun to try my hand at designing and printing one. Link to my model is below if you've got a printer and want to give it a whirl!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6542680

I'm not saavy with 3D modelling stuff, this is my first try using a "real" CAD program (well, FreeCAD). I'm accustomed to using TinkerCAD which is MUCH more basic. I'm hoping to get comfortable enough with decent modelling software that I can casually rapid prototype things and/or make useful parts. It's fun!

This was also the first thing I made with a printer I got a few months back (Elegoo Neptune 4 for a little over $200). It turned out pretty well compared to what my older printer would kick out (MP Select Mini).

couple of pics:
IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7127.jpg

IMG_7133.jpg
Nice job. Itā€™s pretty crazy what can be had these days to 3D print items. The one we use at work was plus 50k. Granted, itā€™s way better than one of these desktop printers, but for occasional home use, you canā€™t beat them.

JodyT

Outer Banks
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m impressed! Very nice.

OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hell yes 10/10 @Squatch - those are truly majestic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice job. Itā€™s pretty crazy what can be had these days to 3D print items. The one we use at work was plus 50k. Granted, itā€™s way better than one of these desktop printers, but for occasional home use, you canā€™t beat them.
I'm pretty blown away by it too. It seems like only a few years ago this was very hobbyist and you'd have a laundry list of things to do to get a good print for "enthusiast" level printers. It's amazing how cheap things have gotten, and how much the out-of-the-box experience has changed.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hell yes 10/10 @Squatch - those are truly majestic.
Thanks! I only use the red 2.0 version, because I'm changing my interior trim bits(Ford Performance Red grab handles, BDUSA Red 2.0 vent clips installing tomorrow).

I designed it to hold the square Icelandic water bottles with a more narrow inset for the Red Bull slim cand. I'm virtually never drinking anything else... in the Bronco. ;) šŸ˜

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My son has been asking for a printer. This might be the thing that tips the scales for me. I like the simplicity of this and itā€™s designed to fit the exact needs that I have. Nice work.

OP
OP
FerkinBlonco

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My son has been asking for a printer. This might be the thing that tips the scales for me. I like the simplicity of this and itā€™s designed to fit the exact needs that I have. Nice work.
Thank you! Well, I can say it's at least a fun thing to dabble into - if you end up picking one up, I hope that you and your son have a good time time with it!

I've enjoyed trying to find ways to use it as a tool to solve problems, plus it's a great excuse to learn how to use CAD tools. It's come in handy a few times around the house. Next up is a holder for the laundry detergent cap. I've also printed some gear hooks for the bronc that I found online.