Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Ford Bronco Anyone working on a Trailcat Slayer? 1678208473643

Remember this beast? 2dr JK with a Hellcat Engine and 6spd manual? Not everyone wants an automatic 4dr, some of us like sticks and also wanna do what Jeep and Ford failed to do

I see these Coyote Swaps, all mentioning Autos. I get it, they can bolt right in and handle the power, but again, maybe not a supercharged Coyote, but still shoehorn one in to get a beastly engine and whatnot. I'd be fine going 2wd if I had to, sure there are other options out there like a Troller T4 system or something similar that could do the trick.

Gotta be a Dakota Customs out there working on something, they could do the trick for the JL, even a manual* if you like (" Please contact us for info on the manual transmission kit.")

Just throwing this out there, see what happens.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm no Jeep fan but that thing rocks.

My long term plans for my Bronco II is along these lines. Possibly a V10/5spd for power because I have it available.

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Exactly.

I'm just looking to see if there's anyone out there secretly working on something, even if it's a barra swap or a 3.5tt with a custom bellhousing adaptor kit. We're on the same page with the swap ideas.

Don't need it to be supercharged like the Trailcat (Although it would be sick), but would love to hear a V8 in my 2dr manual

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3.5tt with a custom bellhousing adaptor kit.
I believe I've seen that 3.7 Mustang transmissions bolt up to 3.5EBs. So adapters might already be out there to some degree.

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're already swapping the Coyote, I don't see why a Tremec, also from a Mustang, would be very difficult. I'd be satisfied with a 6+1 spd behind the 2.7 or 3.0, really.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I believe I've seen that 3.7 Mustang transmissions bolt up to 3.5EBs. So adapters might already be out there to some degree.
Awesome, I'll keep that in mind

If you're already swapping the Coyote, I don't see why a Tremec, also from a Mustang, would be very difficult. I'd be satisfied with a 6+1 spd behind the 2.7 or 3.0, really.
True, what would be needed for the swap? (Never done one, most I ever done is FBO, never even an upgraded turbo)

This would be a "In the future" project, not "Next couple of months", but I'd stop with a basic fbo and save up for it

PTTyler

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Website
powertank.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, I'll keep that in mind

True, what would be needed for the swap? (Never done one, most I ever done is FBO, never even an upgraded turbo)

This would be a "In the future" project, not "Next couple of months", but I'd stop with a basic fbo and save up for it
I'm not the one to ask but it's going to be a lot more involved than just making mounts and cutouts for the shifter. All new vehicles are so complex in terms of electronics that physically fitting the new heart is the easy part. Getting it to play nice with the rest of the vehicle without Christmas lights on the dash is what makes the swap difficult.

But seeing as there are multiple companies who have gotten Jeep V8 swaps down to a science, I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before you can buy a kit or send your Bronco over to a shop to have it done.

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I'm not the one to ask but it's going to be a lot more involved than just making mounts and cutouts for the shifter. All new vehicles are so complex in terms of electronics that physically fitting the new heart is the easy part. Getting it to play nice with the rest of the vehicle without Christmas lights on the dash is what makes the swap difficult.

But seeing as there are multiple companies who have gotten Jeep V8 swaps down to a science, I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before you can buy a kit or send your Bronco over to a shop to have it done.
Exactly. Also, figure I drive 25k* a year (Give or take), by the time the turbo starts going, they'll have bigger turbos, ecu cracked and there'll be Dakota Customs of Bronco's and Rangers.

Also makes me want a Manual 392 Daddiator for work and play, just what custom color would I paint it?
Ford Bronco Anyone working on a Trailcat Slayer? 1678211919503
Ford Bronco Anyone working on a Trailcat Slayer? 1678211946296
Ford Bronco Anyone working on a Trailcat Slayer? 1678212024029

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has a single engine swap been performed in a 6G Bronco successfully yet?

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what I wanna know.

At this point, I'd take even a Cyclone V6 from an 11-17 Mustang so long as I can keep stick, since I like how my friends sounds with BBK Shorties and a GT Catback

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, I'd take even a Cyclone V6 from an 11-17 Mustang so long as I can keep stick, since I like how my friends sounds with BBK Shorties and a GT Catback
I would love to do an engine swap, and dont mind doing all the fabrication myself, thats the easy and fun part. but its really discouraging to see all these professional shops that have nothing to do but this swap, go silent after trying for months... makes me really want to think twice about buying anything. I want to see a company either figure a work around for the CAN issues or see Ford performance step up with different SW flashes to let us run different PCMs (a man can dream)

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to do an engine swap, and dont mind doing all the fabrication myself, thats the easy and fun part. but its really discouraging to see all these professional shops that have nothing to do but this swap, go silent after trying for months... makes me really want to think twice about buying anything. I want to see a company either figure a work around for the CAN issues or see Ford performance step up with different SW flashes to let us run different PCMs (a man can dream)
Think some AM company or shop with close ties to Ford would have it all figured out. I love my girl, but if I had the $$$ Id line up to do a Coyote or Barra swap with a tremec

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think so. I know a few said they had plans to do it then went silent. No Traction Fraction is the only ones I think who actually attempted it. They haven't updated their build in months though. Just seems like no one can figure out how to make the electronics side of it work.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I think that would be pretty awful to drive at 5k+ lbs and no torque.