Sponsored

can you put take off SAS suspension from a 4 door onto a 2 door??

miklos

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i found a good deal on take off sas suspension from a 4 door and was wondering if i could put it on my 2 door?
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it'll fit but the spring rates won't be optimized for a 2 dr sas.

might be okay if armor/skid/etc have been added to your vehicle in the right places.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lcubed is correct.

Ford uses different springs by the weight of the vehicle. So if you stick 4-door springs on a 2-door Bronco, your ride will likely be much stiffer.

It won’t be an issue, but it probably won’t be a super comfortable ride.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My two cents, but I'd wait to find a set for a 2 door. I'm sure you enjoy your new ride and you don't really want to hate yourself when it rides like trash after installing something you thought was going to be an upgrade, but wasn't.

Brutesquad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My two cents, but I'd wait to find a set for a 2 door. I'm sure you enjoy your new ride and you don't really want to hate yourself when it rides like trash after installing something you thought was going to be an upgrade, but wasn't.
The spring rates will be different but not by much. I doubt there is an appreciable ride difference. If you plan on Bumpers, winch, skid plates, etc it would actually help manage the extra weight

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The spring rates will be different but not by much. I doubt there is an appreciable ride difference. If you plan on Bumpers, winch, skid plates, etc it would actually help manage the extra weight
the biggest difference will be if the donor is a 2.7 badlands automatic (max ford armor and heaviest engine) and the recipient is a 2.3 base 7mt

Brutesquad

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the biggest difference will be if the donor is a 2.7 badlands automatic (max ford armor and heaviest engine) and the recipient is a 2.3 base 7mt
Do you plan on adding Bumpers, winch, armor, rock rails, roof rack etc? If so it will balance out. The Badlands 4dr 2.7 (what I have) could not get a roof rack optioned. Either way, it wouldnt be like putting 1 ton springs on an F150. So to me it depend on what a deal I was getting on it. Aftermarket lifts are pricey

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it'll fit but the spring rates won't be optimized for a 2 dr sas.

might be okay if armor/skid/etc have been added to your vehicle in the right places.
Quoting @Lcubed posts together for the OP.

To the OP, the Bilstein springs are targeted toward the original build spec. But that doesn't mean the set won't fit on another Bronco that is different. In many cases you would want a heavier spring to offset planned modifications to your Bronco. If you opt for a front winch/bumper and you have a 2-dr 2.3L, then you would benefit from a 4-dr 2.7L takeoffs to accommodate the additional expected weight. Same for the rear where some play the homeless-living-out-of-their-Bronco Overlanding Cosplay where they pack all their belongings for a weekend of camping, you would want the heavier springs.
Sponsored