Sponsored

Converting Wildtrak Vinyl/Leather to Cloth?

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know if I can buy some takeoff cloth seat covers on ebay or the like and swap them for the vinyl/leather ones that started coming on the Wiltrak in '23, or the current Wildtrak '24 if I were to order new? I want to have cloth on the seats at least on the front seats for the hot socal summers. Not interested in putting seat covers over my seats, just converting to cloth. I'll probably save the originals if I need the weather protection if I decide to run without the top in the future. Just checking if these are comptabile since the MVG seats in other trims appear to have a different foam pattern so I assume those are NOT compatible. Any first hand (or second hand) knowledge would be appreciated!

PS Looking at getting these seat covers on ebay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not the answer you want. But I slide a t-shirt over the back rest and a matching interior color towel on the seat bottom. Easily removed and washed.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not really. The foam underneath is shaped differently from that on the cloth seats. Leather profile is identical or very similar to the mgv. Also on your 4 door the cloth take offs do not have the opening for your rear seat cup holders. I've had both. I'm sure a good upholstery shop could redo your seats in cloth, though.

OP
OP

Surfnbike

First Name
Mahtayo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco wannabe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm OK with the rear seats staying stock and keeping the cupholder MGV/leather/whatever. My concern is really with the front seats.

Not really into the t-shirt option. I use a beach towel sometimes for my other vehicle but I'd like a factory cloth option.
Sponsored