Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I bought a big square shaped vehicle that gets 17mpg on a good day. Clearly the Cybertruck isn’t for me.
Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol. That is not the price.

*Prices assume IRA Federal Tax Credits up to $7,500 for Rear-Wheel Drive and All-Wheel Drive and est. gas savings of $3,600 over 3 years.
Exactly, these are the actual prices:
Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! 1701476938099

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Cyber Truck isn't for truck buyers, it's for Tesla fanboys.

Ford Bronco Cybertruck only $68,890! 1701476938099
Hell, that bike is more "cargo" than I've seen most other trucks actually haul. A truck hasn't been a truck for a long time.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hideous design. Not my style at all. Maybe I’m too old
The F-117 was designed like that due to lack of compute power. I guess Elon had to loan the Tesla servers intended to model aerodynamic design to SpaceX, so the Tesla designers had to do with consumer boxes from Best Buy.

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much ADM? :unsure: ;)

Mmmm that is one thing Elon got right - no dealers. You buy directly from Tesla, so no ADM, you just wait for your special order to show up.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so surprised that guys on a Bronco forum would trash talk another car manufacturer, especially one that is all electric! (end sarcasm)

What has Ford made lately that has made headlines? Broken the mold? Become insanely profitable?

The Model Y is approaching the best-in-world selling vehicle status for '23. Tesla is the most AMERICAN MADE vehicle when supply chain and component makeup is taken into consideration. Tesla has no Union. Tesla has insane technology, new manufacturing methods (gigapresses, 48v architecture, dry electrode cell chemistry, it's own chip fab), and the biggest neural net in the world. Tesla has $23B in cash & cash equivalents on it's balance sheet. Tesla lead the EV charge and now ALL manufacturers are adopting their charging standard and converting to EV.

But don't let that stop you! Let the hating continue! The cybertruck sucks, it's a flop, Elon is a shame salesmen, all their cars are catching on fire and running people into telephone poles! Tesla is going bankrupt! Sell TSLA!

Meanwhile Ford & GM keep pumping advertising dollars into the newspapers that you are reading endless negative headlines from.

Moral of the story: people are sheeple!
Yet, with all that bluster and fuss, here you are……. And since you love Tesla so much, why are you on the Bronco forum? I know that Tesla has forums.. Hell, the owner has his own social media mess…. err, platform called, somethinornuther.

Tesla is ok dude, it’s not the second coming. All of that all American build quality sounds as though you’ve never owned or been near one. Teslas are assembled very often in less than stellar fashion and I’m sure this Cybercartruck will be no different.

In the end, it’s a good development and I think it’s novel personally, but it’s just not something I’d buy. I wanted an off-roader and so that’s what I have. That’s why I’m here on the FORD Bronco forum and not over on the Tesla Reddit page or wherever.

It’s also not a truck since it doesn’t do well at truck stuff, but I also know that truck guys aren’t the market for the thing. This forum is full of truck guys; not everyone, but there are a lot of truck guys who do truck stuff.

Cybercartruck is for that guy who yet again, wants to look cool and rugged (but isn’t), cares about what others think of how he “looks”, and the guy who wants to be seen as different or a disrupter, when in actuality own just one of the now fastest growing car company with spartan and drone Teslas everywhere.

So, who’s the actual sheeple people again? ;) (No sarcasm) 😒

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't he say something about a car that actually looks like the future, dystopian future but sure!
Yeah, Mad Max and Blade Runner were great movies, but I interpreted them more as warnings of the dystopian future and not as something we’d actually want to see.

Life imitating art far too often these days. We’re almost 20 years away from EVs being able to actually tow something without losing over half its range, charging becoming something bearable, and the masses accepting EVs.

Until then, I’ll keep my Bronco.

By the way, battery tech really hasn’t evolved in almost 50 years. Don’t know why, but energy storage innovation has been suppressed a lot. Maybe it’s a conspiracy, but doesn’t matter; it’s a long way from the next thing.

Last edited:

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm sure it would haul my 28' camp trailer 30 or 40 miles on a full charge, in the mountains of Idaho. Hell, it may even make it up White Bird. Regardless, there are no charging station at either end. But eh, I would race it From Boise to Casper WY for Pinks:)

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Xira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2022 Silverado LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My biggest concern is the steering is completely drive-by-wire.
Tesla tries to push the envelope and release new features to generate headlines, even if the tech isn't quite there yet.

They tried replacing both the backup sensors and forward radar with purely camera-based systems, both features immediately saw a huge decline in accuracy.

Image recognition is the biggest thing Tesla has been putting development money into, and it still falls well short of expectation.

I don't trust there's enough R&D to eliminate the physical connection between your steering wheel and the tires.

This is a company that had two basic design flaws in the rain that every other company figured out: you need gutters for the trunk, and the bumper must be designed not to retain water and fall off.

Last edited:

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the wheel wells are made of felt and plastic screws? Or if the shock reservoirs fall off? Does the top crack and peel? At least they don't have to deal with Ford service dept or sales! I think Elon is smarter than anyone who runs Ford. Last I heard Elon wasn't losing billions either! I am looking forward to seeing how the new owners like this truck! It's said it will also tow 11,000 lbs. Does anyone have a Bronco that will tow half that?

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yet, with all that bluster and fuss, here you are……. And since you love Tesla so much, why are you on the Bronco forum? I know that Tesla has forums.. Hell, the owner has his own social media mess…. err, platform called, somethinornuther.

Tesla is ok dude, it’s not the second coming. All of that all American build quality sounds as though you’ve never owned or been near one. Teslas are assembled very often in less than stellar fashion and I’m sure this Cybercartruck will be no different.

In the end, it’s a good development and I think it’s novel personally, but it’s just not something I’d buy. I wanted an off-roader and so that’s what I have. That’s why I’m here on the FORD Bronco forum and not over on the Tesla Reddit page or wherever.

It’s also not a truck since it doesn’t do well at truck stuff, but I also know that truck guys aren’t the market for the thing. This forum is full of truck guys; not everyone, but there are a lot of truck guys who do truck stuff.

Cybercartruck is for that guy who yet again, wants to look cool and rugged (but isn’t), cares about what others think of how he “looks”, and the guy who wants to be seen as different or a disrupter, when in actuality own just one of the now fastest growing car company with spartan and drone Teslas everywhere.

So, who’s the actual sheeple people again? ;) (No sarcasm) 😒
The real problem is consumer acceptance. EV's sales are no where near where they were expected to be and the number of charging stations is what, 10-20% of where they were promised. And of course this....

Hyundai's recall of 82,000 electric cars hit them for about $1B, Toyota recalled 1M EV's, GM recalled every Bolt due to battery issues and Audi also recalled due to batteries. But, Tesla leads the way in recalls for EV's with issues ranging from shoddy workmanship, to software issues.

I like Musk, he is outspoken and takes risks that no one else will take and most of the time it works for him. But keep in mind, Tesla is losing market share (down 7% (2022 compared to 2021)) and will continue the downward trend regardless of government subsidies.
Sponsored