Domestic Dieselgate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is about making the internal combustion engine unprofitable and guiding automakers into electric vehicles. This isn't about pollution.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think this particular issue is connected to the conspiracy @Newbie is talking about, lol, but it sure is helping it along.

From a cursory reading, it seems very much like the Volkswagen grift. Cummins new they were wrong when they did it to cheat the system and are having to pay for it. This isn't a random fee that came out of nowhere to stip diesel engines. They put devices into emissions-controlled vehicles that allowed the defeat of those systems.

There are lots of stupid emissions laws and regulations but this seems like Cummins just got caught cheating.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't this particular issue is connected to the conspiracy @Newbie is talking about, lol, but it sure is helping it along.

From a cursory reading, it seems very much like the Volkswagen grift. Cummins new they were wrong when they did it to cheat the system and are having to pay for it. This isn't a random fee that came out of nowhere to stip diesel engines. They put devices into emissions-controlled vehicles that allowed the defeat of those systems.

There are lots of stupid emissions laws and regulations but this seems like Cummins just got caught cheating.

yptk615.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
PrepVet

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is anyone affected by this on here? I havenā€™t heard too much about it since it quietly hit.

Iā€™ve seen some teardown vids of the modern exhaust huffing, pee smelling diesels and holy cow are they nasty inside!

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone affected by this on here? I havenā€™t heard too much about it since it quietly hit.

Iā€™ve seen some teardown vids of the modern exhaust huffing, pee smelling diesels and holy cow are they nasty inside!

It did not affect my 2023 Ram 3500, for those on the Ram forum who had this recall, it was a simple computer update. Owners have not reported any negative affects from the updated, trucks were pretty much as they were before the update form a performance stand point.

I had a 2017 Ram 2500 I tuned and deleted - definitely much better performance without all the EPA nanny equipment.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get both sides... Ive been around some diesels that had to be deleted because the egr system was failing and too expensive to fix.

But these were the same guys that had to run their ac on recirculate at stoplights because it smelled awful if you left it on outside air.

Im sure its a unpopular opinion, and I realize that the country runs on diesel, but man unfiltered diesel exhaust is some nasty stuff.

Sponsored

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
City folk.
Can't stand city folks. I'm no country boy either, but last thing I wanna be is a city boy relying on pubic transportation and taxis.

LJ73 looks more enticing every day

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get both sides... Ive been around some diesels that had to be deleted because the egr system was failing and too expensive to fix.

But these were the same guys that had to run their ac on recirculate at stoplights because it smelled awful if you left it on outside air.

Im sure its a unpopular opinion, and I realize that the country runs on diesel, but man unfiltered diesel exhaust is some nasty stuff.
Still don't need the feds telling us what we can and can't do with our vehicles though.
Sponsored