Sponsored

First production aftermarket hard top (RallyTops) delivered and installed - review

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have taken delivery of what is one of the first (if not the first) production aftermarket hard top.

This is a two piece hard top from RallyTops - costs about $4,000

The hard top came delivered in some very poorly constructed wooden crate contraption that took an hour to disassemble and break apart, but honestly it got the job done.

I know a lot of people will be interested so I will try to break down everything as best I can

Craftsmanship: definitely not the best in the industry, ADV will be better, but cost significantly more. It looks fine and functions as you'd expect but up close you can notice a bit of imperfections.

Weight: My fiancé and I were able to install it with no other help, likely approx 200lb

Water seals: I immediately took this to a touchless carwash and was presented with zero leaks

sound: This one is contentious and kind of makes me disappointed to be honest. I prefer data, not subjective ratings and as such I took a decibel reader with me on the highway with my soft top installed and then replicated that same drive with this hard top. in BOTH instances we averaged about 72 dcb readings. This hard top is entirely carpeted on the inside, only has two pieces and yet still was the exact same level of highway noise...
however, an argument can be made that passing semi's and other loud vehicles were heard less dramatically from the back, on account of actual windows vs weird plastic.

It should be noted, however, that with my light bar installed I would average about 78 dcb with the soft top, with the hard top it maintains at approx 72, so there is that added benefit.

Not entirely sure I am going to keep it - for me (and many others I imagine) the main attraction of a hard top is road noise and wind noise. I have about 20 days to decide, so I will contemplate my life choices and monitor the top for any issues

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

68982436748__328287EF-E8D6-4233-84B3-2E009ACD4287.jpg
It actually doesn't look that bad. Some things I don't care for (shape wise), but overall a decent looking top. And the price point is getting lower which is nice.

Have a question though, do they offer hook ups for a wiper and defroster? Though, even if non-existent it'd still be better than the soft top rear window.
Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may have answered my own question on the wiper/defroster (appears to be a no). But they do offer the top in white (or tan) for $200 more! Wonder how much shipping is though.

https://www.rallytops.com/shop/ford-bronco-hardtop-4-door/

And when comparing to the price for a 4 door JK or JL (around $2500), I imagine the price for the Bronco will eventually come down more.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have answered my own question on the wiper/defroster (appears to be a no). But they do offer the top in white (or tan) for $200 more! Wonder how much shipping is though.

https://www.rallytops.com/shop/ford-bronco-hardtop-4-door/

And when comparing to the price for a 4 door JK or JL (around $2500), I imagine the price for the Bronco will eventually come down more.
This is on their shipping FAQ:

Ford Bronco First production aftermarket hard top (RallyTops) delivered and installed - review 1668449465035

I'd like to know if I can pick it up locally!

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the review. The top looks nice in your pictures and the price is properly decent. To be fair, Bestop did a video on YouTube about road noise and temperature difference between a Jeep hardtop and one of their soft tops and there wasn't any significant change there either. Jeeps and Broncos are just loud and that isn't going to change very much.
^this. I recently bought the dirty dog soft top liner and it certainly helps. You can go further and add sound deadening to the floor (I've seen a few Jeepers do it with great results)... but it'll still be rather loud at high speeds.

Sponsored

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great looking top and an excellent write up. Takes a set of stones to drop 4 Large and not know what it will look like. Fine job.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It looks okay but the stock and ADV ones do look better although this is a bit cheaper. Also, I looked on their website and it looks like there is an option to add the third brake light above the back glass. I think that is a very good option as it looks much cleaner there vs sticking out above the spare tire.

Bob L

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have taken delivery of what is one of the first (if not the first) production aftermarket hard top.

The hard top came delivered in some very poorly constructed wooden crate contraption that took an hour to disassemble and break apart, but honestly it got the job done.

I know a lot of people will be interested so I will try to break down everything as best I can

Craftsmanship: definitely not the best in the industry, ADV will be better, but cost significantly more. It looks fine and functions as you'd expect but up close you can notice a bit of imperfections.

Weight: My fiancé and I were able to install it with no other help, likely approx 200lb

Water seals: I immediately took this to a touchless carwash and was presented with zero leaks

sound: This one is contentious and kind of makes me disappointed to be honest. I prefer data, not subjective ratings and as such I took a decibel reader with me on the highway with my soft top installed and then replicated that same drive with this hard top. in BOTH instances we averaged about 72 dcb readings. This hard top is entirely carpeted on the inside, only has two pieces and yet still was the exact same level of highway noise...
however, an argument can be made that passing semi's and other loud vehicles were heard less dramatically from the back, on account of actual windows vs weird plastic.

It should be noted, however, that with my light bar installed I would average about 78 dcb with the soft top, with the hard top it maintains at approx 72, so there is that added benefit.

Not entirely sure I am going to keep it - for me (and many others I imagine) the main attraction of a hard top is road noise and wind noise. I have about 20 days to decide, so I will contemplate my life choices and monitor the top for any issues

Ford Bronco First production aftermarket hard top (RallyTops) delivered and installed - review 1668449465035

does it have a rear window wiper like the OEM and defroster?

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious to know whether or not OP kept the top, as he seemed pretty much on the fence upon receiving and installing it. After making the tough choice to cancel my ADV hardtop order (almost 7K and the perpetual delays just didn’t help their case), I was hoping RallyTops would make a strong case for a second opinion.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious to know whether or not OP kept the top, as he seemed pretty much on the fence upon receiving and installing it. After making the tough choice to cancel my ADV hardtop order (almost 7K and the perpetual delays just didn’t help their case), I was hoping RallyTops would make a strong case for a second opinion.
Anderson Composites makes a direct copy of the MIC but in fiberglass. Theirs is available

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anderson Composites makes a direct copy of the MIC but in fiberglass. Theirs is available
Has anyone actually taken delivery of an Anderson top? I haven’t seen a post yet. Seems to be at the same place as @ADV Fiberglass. If someone has taken delivery of an Anderson please post some pics and some decibel measurements if possible.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone actually taken delivery of an Anderson top? I haven’t seen a post yet. Seems to be at the same place as @ADV Fiberglass. If someone has taken delivery of an Anderson please post some pics and some decibel measurements if possible.
Yup I don’t think there’s been a delivery yet

TheBroncolorian

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found a link to what I believe is the OP’s YouTube channel. On it he posted a bunch of short clips displaying some gripes he has with it:

https://youtube.com/@sacboi390

Overall, I see some slight fit and finish issues that I probably could overlook, but opinion is definitely subjective 🤷🏽‍♂️

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I found a link to what I believe is the OP’s YouTube channel. On it he posted a bunch of short clips displaying some gripes he has with it:

https://youtube.com/@sacboi390

Overall, I see some slight fit and finish issues that I probably could overlook, but opinion is definitely subjective 🤷🏽‍♂️
Good find. Thank you. I was tempted by the price of this top vs the other tops that will hopefully be available soon and I think that the fit/finish/quality of this top just isn't there. If it had a rear wiper, or cost $2k I personally would overlook everything and I'd have one. But $4500 is too much; I'd rather spend more to get a lot more quality. Maybe Gen 2 will be there.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Any updates?
Sponsored