DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't know that it is poor decision making if it is a feature people are not using like the article states. I get that your wife loves it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is getting widespread use by everyone else. I don't have any data to say either way, just giving some perspective that for others they may rather have the savings than a feature they don't use. *see auto/start stop delete as an example*
As far as passionate users generating PR trouble, psshhh. Anything they do will have someone upset. I will continue to watch the news for the Hands Across America event to convince Ford to reinstate parking assist, though.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had it on three of my last four vehicles. I never used it. I can live without it.

Last edited:

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone I know with this option finds it useless. We all know how to drive and Use the mirrors

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's the rub.
This is being publicized in the news, they are removing a $60 dollar part that was a $350 dollar option if not included in a trim level and it will save Ford millions.
The only way it will save Ford money is if they don't pass the savings down to the customers. If Ford continues to charge more and deliver less, eventually the buying public will turn elsewhere. We've been watching them do it with the Bronco, but because of the high demand on a newish offering people are taking it on the chin, but it won't last forever.
The value to cost ratio is so unbalanced as it is, auto makers will have to readjust or risk losing customers.

With that said, I don't think anyone is going to miss it.
There's a whole lot of features I'll never use, but they always get bundled with other features I want, so there's that.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
People should learn how to drive their vehicles. Knowing/being able to Parallel parking was needed to get a drivers license.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had it on my 2012 Focus. Used it exactly 1 time, when I wanted to see if it actually worked.
Seems like they could make it an option for those who want it. It uses most the same sensors that every car now has as mandatory for other nanny features, minus possibly a control module.

C-Note

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have it on my F150 and have never used it. Granted, I’ve only owned the truck 2 months, but I’ve never felt the urge to figure out how it works and then use it. I’m pretty good at parking!

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have it on my F150 and have never used it. Granted, I’ve only owned the truck 2 months, but I’ve never felt the urge to figure out how it works and then use it. I’m pretty good at parking!
The "i don't need it" responders may be overlooking several use cases. Most suburban dwellers rarely have to parallel park and when they do this feature is helpful. In my experience this is particularly true of minivan driving moms. Additionally, parking in a tight spot, in a busy urban core with a column of cars behind you honking is not pleasant. I suspect that if Ford slices their data more carefully they will see a very bimodal distribution of users, depending on where they live.

Here's the rub.
This is being publicized in the news, they are removing a $60 dollar part that was a $350 dollar option if not included in a trim level and it will save Ford millions.
The only way it will save Ford money is if they don't pass the savings down to the customers.
Had not considered that, but that is indeed the case. The only way it saves Ford money is if they stop including it but continue charging for it.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kinda like the Pro Trailer Assist on the F150 that required a doctorate to set up on a specific trailer - never used it. $60 in parts is probably about right - granted that doesn't account for the time they spent developing and testing the software, which I'm sure was significant...

But yeah - I think @DriveAllNight is exactly right - this doesn't mean your car will be $60 cheaper, it's just another $60 in Ford's pocket. Which, I'm all for them making a profit, don't get me wrong. Just feels dirty after watching a lot of people getting feature deletes and option drops with little to no cash back and dealer markups through the roof throughout the pandemic...

I guess you could say - well Ford and the Dealers are two different entities, and that's true. But they aren't exactly isolated from each other either, and one turns a blind eye to the other when they have the ability to influence it.