Sponsored

Having 6112 coilovers installed this month need your advice…

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello, after much research into my intended use, I finally decided on/ordered 6112 complete coilover kit from Shock Surplus. Am having them installed by a reputable shop later this month (CCM Off-Road & Performance in SLO). Want to be sure I’ve got everything I need for install & ready to go. I have a 2023 non-SAS 2.7L 4dr, all stock Hitachi suspension. Have searched/read multiple threads and would appreciate any clarification you can provide.

Looking to achieve a 2” coilover lift for 35’s on OEM Wildtrack wheels, will be adding mod or capable bumper & oem bash plates.

1) Shop says they can reuse the stock Hitachi coilover “top hats” with the new 6112 coilovers, sound right?
2) Read here there are “old vs new“ clip height ratings from Bilstein, anyone able to confirm the new clip ring heights?
3) Will I need new bump stops or any other hardware with my intended Bilstein 6112 coilover installation?
4) I’ll need to re-calibrate speedo for new wheel/tire diameter, am planning in installing FP Tuner so that should work…
5) Read here that with a coilover lift only, (I.e., no spacers, etc), at no more than 2” lift, I will not be putting undo stress on the HOSS 1.0 suspension, sound right?
6) I’ll need to remove front crash bars (2 per side)…

Appreciate your input/advice and anything I’m missing?

Forgot to add, I’ll need a 3rd brake light bracket extender, will I also need new tailgate ”bumpers” to accommodate the wider/larger spare tire?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) Yes the tophats are the same so no issues.
2) Snake oil, your swapping on new springs so guess away. Lift could be +- a bit and require you to adjust them again. The springs will settle so you will have to run them a few thousand miles before you get your actual lift.
3)They use the factory bump stops, just make sure the shop moves them from your Hitachi shocks to the Bilsteins shocks.
4)Forscan is under $50 for a cable, you will want this for other things. You don't need to do anything technically.
5)You can get with removing the crash bars with 35s, cut them off if going to 37s.

Have fun, should be a good pismo dune combo!

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you, much appreciated and looking forward to the beach/dunes. Going on two months of ownership and really enjoying the Bronco👍 Really looking forward to the Bilsteins, Hitachis are really soft…

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2) go off the instructions in the box. They should be accurate. If you don’t have instructions, go to Bilsteins online product finder and type in your part number. Then grab the online instructions. But use the ones in the box as primary.
5) if you mean UCAs and tie rods, yes you are fine for 2” of lift. I am at 2” over base suspension height and have a Rock Jock trac bar bracket in the mail.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just put the 6100 on my 4 door 2.7 over the weekend. Re-used factory springs. I know on the 6100s there is a discrepancy between lift heights on the instructions in the box and the ones they list on line for each circlip slot. The ones on line were correct for mine. (on-line shows less lift per circlip slot)

The 6112s are different lifts because of the included springs. Just remember if you are trying to level it out you need to take that into account as well.

Just saw you are Hitachi, I was stock Sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome replies gentlemen, appreciate your feedback/expertise very helpful👍

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, soooo looking forward to mounting 35’s and ditching the OBX “weenie wheels”….coming soon to a theater near you👍

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2) go off the instructions in the box. They should be accurate. If you don’t have instructions, go to Bilsteins online product finder and type in your part number. Then grab the online instructions. But use the ones in the box as primary.
5) if you mean UCAs and tie rods, yes you are fine for 2” of lift. I am at 2” over base suspension height and have a Rock Jock trac bar bracket in the mail.
About your ordered trac bar bracket…is this something required for the 2” lift and 35s? Thx, just caught that in your reply.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry I sent that premature.

I haven’t measured if my axle is off center, but Rockjock recommends the bracket for 2” of lift or more.
No worries and thanks, want to get it right so definitely worth looking into!!

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put wildtrack takeoffs on my black diamond non-sas and i did not need a 3rd brake light extender. It was tight but it fit with the factory goodyears.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, going to wait until 35’s are mounted to see if I need a 3rd brake light extender and/or to shave tire bumpers. Am looking at the led 3rd brake lights that fit under the spare, but need to find one that’s not so “ricey”…just not liking what’s out there…
Sponsored