DrHam

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi SQ8, 2012 Audi R8 6MT Spyder, 2DBronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey just need some insights from the collective - I have a 22 2.7L - brought it in for 10k maintenance per the ford app to my local dealer yesterday. All seemed well - service took 1.5hrs, oil change, brake inspection, tires rotated. Drove car home about 8 miles, no problems. Today - drove car into work - 27mile drive on highway, once I entered the city, I was rolling with brakes half depressed to slow and when I tried to fully stop, I had zero brake pressure. There were cars immediately in front of my and thankfully my reaction was to pump once and I skidded to a stop. Honestly was a pretty scary experience.

I called my dealer today and explained what happened, and they said they did not perform anything that should have affected the brakes.

I am not a mechanic but I do understand air in the line can cause loss if pressure. Anyone had an experience like this right after a simple oil change and tire rotation? Just a very odd coincidence that I have had zero issues and then as soon as they touch the car, this happens?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey just need some insights from the collective - I have a 22 2.7L - brought it in for 10k maintenance per the ford app to my local dealer yesterday. All seemed well - service took 1.5hrs, oil change, brake inspection, tires rotated. Drove car home about 8 miles, no problems. Today - drove car into work - 27mile drive on highway, once I entered the city, I was rolling with brakes half depressed to slow and when I tried to fully stop, I had zero brake pressure. There were cars immediately in front of my and thankfully my reaction was to pump once and I skidded to a stop. Honestly was a pretty scary experience.

I called my dealer today and explained what happened, and they said they did not perform anything that should have affected the brakes.

I am not a mechanic but I do understand air in the line can cause loss if pressure. Anyone had an experience like this right after a simple oil change and tire rotation? Just a very odd coincidence that I have had zero issues and then as soon as they touch the car, this happens?
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s brake concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?