First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not gonna lie… I was pretty impressed with the overall articulation of the ZR2.

Wheelbase was a definite disadvantage of the ZR2 starting at the 6 1/2 minute mark. He might have been better backing up and going forward a bit several times before he got into the teeter-totter position. "Power through it" is rarely a good option off-roading. What was that "Oh, :poop:!" comment about after he whacked something? Sounds like you saw some damage. :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wheelbase was a definite disadvantage of the ZR2 starting at the 6 1/2 minute mark. He might have been better backing up and going forward a bit several times before he got into the teeter-totter position. "Power through it" is rarely a good option off-roading. What was that "Oh, :poop:!" comment about after he whacked something? Sounds like you saw some damage. :LOL:
i was trying to ease him down, but he wanted to just get off of it…

the “oh 💩” was because the cooler bounced for a heck of a ride in the bed

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can get the Colorado with a V8???
Not that I saw.
Just built one for kicks.
The wife and I were talking about what would make the most versatile and long-term comfortable adventuring/overlanding vehicle without having to do extreme terrain and the Colorado actually came up.
The ZR2 AEV build is $$$$$. but very nice with already-factored in goodies and improvements.
The Trail Boss is a good build for less,
and the Z71 is a sweet spot for those who can wrench on some things and add their own lift, potential lockers, etc. And you can get it with a powered sunroof which would get you some more open-air vibe (Trail Boss no Sunroof but you can get it on the ZR2 trim).
About $20K difference between the AEV Bison and the Z71 could fund a ton of upgrades.
Go play around with the B&P. It's good fun.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not that I saw.
The wife and I were talking about what would make the most versatile and long-term comfortable adventuring/overlanding vehicle without having to do extreme terrain and the Colorado actually came up.
The ZR2 AEV build is $$$$$. but very nice with already-factored in goodies and improvements.
and the Z71 is a sweet spot for those who can wrench on some things and add their own lift, potential lockers, etc. And you can get it with a powered sunroof which would get you some more open-air vibe (Trail Boss no Sunroof but you can get it on the ZR2 trim).
About $20K difference between the AEV Bison and the Z71 could fund a ton of upgrades.
after seeing how well it kept up, I definitely wouldn’t rule the Colorado platform out! Having a bed would be nice!

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was trying to ease him down, but he wanted to just get off of it…

the “oh 💩” was because the cooler bounced for a heck of a ride in the bed
I didn't/don't understand what the concern was. Why not just roll down it? Was the back going to drag or something else going to happen?

I don't have much off road experience, so the issue/concern isn't obvious to me.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I saw.

Wife had a 2016 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss. After 4 years she traded for a 2020 Colorado ZR2. After having the ZR2 for four years, she is still not ready to move into anything else. This thing has been from TX to FL and back 9 times in the last two years.

Ford Bronco IFS shootout: Bronco VS NEW ZR2 20200911_151017

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doesn't look like the price has changed much since I looked at them in 2021. My MY22 Base Sas with the 2.7 was $42 and the Bison was close to $60k I believe. just did the price and build and the Bison can be had for $60,500 and the closest thing to my Base (BD/sas/2.7) now runs $58,300.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I didn't/don't understand what the concern was. Why not just roll down it? Was the back going to drag or something else going to happen?

I don't have much off road experience, so the issue/concern isn't obvious to me.
The concern is tipping over enough to hit on the rock, or all the way over… the camera doesn’t do how tippy it gets there justice.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doesn't look like the price has changed much since I looked at them in 2021. My MY22 Base Sas with the 2.7 was $42 and the Bison was close to $60k I believe. just did the price and build and the Bison can be had for $60,500 and the closest thing to my Base (BD/sas/2.7) now runs $58,300.
yeah, both our base’s were under $44k.

i looked at a ZR2 in like 2019, and it was under $50K at the time