First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know how to fully disassemble The ford bronco key fob?

im NOT talking about for the purpose of battery replacement.

i have two dead ford bronco key fobs. at $200 a pop from Ford I would rather not have to buy 2 new ones.

On one fob I just have a broken button. It’s cracked and therefore no longer water resistant.

the other key fob is a dead circuit board. but the case is just fine. I would like to either grab the good button from one fob and put it In the other. Or take the good circuit board from the bad key fob case and put it in the good key fob case.

any help with pictures of video would be nice. Plenty of videos on battery replacement but none of those have been any help
Sponsored

Dreamer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to buy a used Ford bronco key fob off of eBay for around 60 bucks. Programming took about five minutes. Assuming you have the hideaway laser cut key from the old key fob. That would be an easy way to have a good working fob and Access key too.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have mine in front of me right now but you just need a small screwdriver to pop off the cover where the buttons are. If you look closely you'll see where to pry.

I just bought a new FOB directly from Ford a few weeks ago and it was $49ish delivered. You already have the key blanks from your old FOBs so that may be an option as well.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everytime I washed and dried (by mistake) the fob from my explorer, it ended up in 5 pieces in the dryer. Battery, circuit card, rubber buttons and both sides of the case. Just snapped it back together and it worked fine. Nice and clean…

I found the Bronco’s fob a little more difficult to snap apart.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the Bronco logo though. Maybe the logo cover that covers the battery will fit on this one.

$48 ain’t bad… and probably will buy one. But still want to slavage my two dead fobs to make one good fob.

checked and it doesn’t have the ”bronco” logo on the back. They aren’t for sure if the battery cover with the bronco logo will work or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have mine in front of me right now but you just need a small screwdriver to pop off the cover where the buttons are. If you look closely you'll see where to pry.

I just bought a new FOB directly from Ford a few weeks ago and it was $49ish delivered. You already have the key blanks from your old FOBs so that may be an option as well.
Yeah I can buy a regular “ford” logo fob that will work for the bronco for 50 bucks. But I want the bronco logo that’s on the back. Did yours come with the logo?

yes I do have the two cut keys.

but even if I can get new ones for $50 with the bronco log, there shouldn’t be any reason I could salvage one good key fob out of the two dead ones.

i have done this several times over the last 25 years with other ford and Nissan key fobs.

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI…

i found my bronco sport fob when I had a bronco sport. That key fob will NOT work on the full size bronco’s. However the bronco logo battery cover on the fob is interchangeable.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I can buy a regular “ford” logo fob that will work for the bronco for 50 bucks. But I want the bronco logo that’s on the back. Did yours come with the logo?

yes I do have the two cut keys.

but even if I can get new ones for $50 with the bronco log, there shouldn’t be any reason I could salvage one good key fob out of the two dead ones.

i have done this several times over the last 25 years with other ford and Nissan key fobs.
Yes it did, got it right from Ford.

If you gently pry with a tiny screwdriver in those two slots the front will pop off and you have access to the buttons.

You do need two working keys though to program a third.

This thread also has some pictures of the inside.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/deactivating-panic-alarm-on-bronco-key-fob.30498/

Ford Bronco Key fob…. disassemble NOT to do battery replacment IMG_0002

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering how you're breaking them? I don't even touch mine but about once a month, maybe.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to use my key fob every day because I have low package, so no proximity unlock

OP
OP
Texasgrillchef

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm wondering how you're breaking them? I don't even touch mine but about once a month, maybe.
Let’s just say kids and leave it at that! Lol

the one with a bad circuit board I don’t think anything was done to it. Think the board just died

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased a Bronco Key Fob from Ford two weeks ago for $47 with free shipping. The off brands don't offer much price benefit IMO.

FordParts.com
Sponsored