First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I had some of the same issues that have been seen by others with the No Key Detected warning. It was sporadic so I changed the battery in the key fob and everything resolved for 3 weeks. Yesterday the no key detected returned, today the battery in the key fob is completely dead, I had to unlock the door with the actual key in the fob (then the alarm went off and I had to start the vehicle with the work around in the center console). I put in a new battery and everything is working as it should again.

Has anyone else had problems with the key fob battery draining quickly?
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I had some of the same issues that have been seen by others with the No Key Detected warning. It was sporadic so I changed the battery in the key fob and everything resolved for 3 weeks. Yesterday the no key detected returned, today the battery in the key fob is completely dead, I had to unlock the door with the actual key in the fob (then the alarm went off and I had to start the vehicle with the work around in the center console). I put in a new battery and everything is working as it should again.

Has anyone else had problems with the key fob battery draining quickly?
Try your other one? Sounds like you might have a bad FOB.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Do you keep your key in your pocket? It's possible that something in your pocket is pressing the buttons for extended periods of time, killing the battery.

OP
OP

jawico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you keep your key in your pocket? It's possible that something in your pocket is pressing the buttons for extended periods of time, killing the battery.
I've had the problem with both fobs, but I do keep it in my pocket. I may have to watch that to see if it makes a difference.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had the problem with both fobs, but I do keep it in my pocket. I may have to watch that to see if it makes a difference.
I had a similar thing happen on a different vehicle. Key fob died after about a week, twice in a row. I figured out the button was being pushed in my pocket by setting off the alarm as I walked into range. Now I make sure the buttons face my leg so the other keys can't press them.

OP
OP

jawico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had a similar thing happen on a different vehicle. Key fob died after about a week, twice in a row. I figured out the button was being pushed in my pocket by setting off the alarm as I walked into range. Now I make sure the buttons face my leg so the other keys can't press them.
Just an update, I have since started carrying my key fob in a separate pocket from my other keys. I have not had any problems with the battery and I have not the no key fob detected show up once since.

Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored