CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
when it's cold I probably get around 17 and sometimes 19-20, but that's highway and warmer out. I used to care about gas mileage for a little bit and now I could care less and just enjoy my bronco.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on a lot of factors- how you drive, weather, AC on or off, the speeds you drive, how flat the roads are, etc. Also a factor is how heavy your Bronco is, 2 door, 4 door, etc. Larger than stock tires will kill MPG unless you change the gearing. The main factor is how you drive. I drive my 2022 2 door base like a grandpa- LOL I am a grandpa even though I don't feel it or look it from what I am told......... I accelerate slowly, coast a lot to the lights, I let the start/stop do its thing, don't drive more than 69 MPH on the interstate and cruise 50-55 on the flat back roads of FL often, with only a few stops on my work commute. I don't use AC on the back roads, only the interstate, I love windows down driving. I average 22.8 MPG. Even on a vacation trip to Ga in the mountains and some 4 wheeling back roads my MPG was over 21 average. So it is possible, even in a Sas.

Last edited:

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 36k on my 2021 WT. I am averaging 19.8 combined. I drive conservatively, but not ultra conservative. I have always been pleased and surprised at how well the Bronco does for what it is.

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
You should see better mileage after a few thousand miles. With my stock tires (base) I average 21mpg in summer but dips down to 18mpg with winter tires. I drive roughly 50/50 city & hwy.

I do keep it in eco mode most time but switch to standard mode when on the highway.

Also, your highway speed will make a big difference. I'm usually good up to 65-70 but then the mileage starts to drop.

burgerking

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
These are the numbers published by Ford. The indicator on my non-Squatch manual Badlands is showing 18.6 mpg after ~4800 miles. It stayed over 19.5 until winter hit last year. I’m not sure what I’m doing right but it’s certainly better than my Jeep!!!
IMG_6692.png
I didn't think the black diamond mpg would be that bad. Guess it's the extra weight of the steel wheels, skids, bumpers and stuff plus all terrains have more rolling resistence than all seasons.

Sponsored

Qarlos

Wildtrak
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4dr Wildtrak with stock tires and about 10k miles. I drive easy and get 20mpg combined. I get half that when off-road in 4WD and driving like a maniac.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual Badlands, non SAS... Averaging 19.3-19.8 MPG. some highway lots of 20 minute trips in the city.

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
it gets better with milage for sure. im at 19.2 combined highway/backroads with v6 and SAS package and still drive 80 on the highways.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pray you never tow with it LOL. Even this lil’ ol’ thing behind me on the interstate and I”m lucky to see 11 MPG. And that’s only when going downhill with a tailwind.

Ford Bronco MPG-what am I doing wrong? IMG_0287

Sponsored

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2022 Blk Diamond 2.7 2DR W\30k on her, I get a solid 20 MPG running 87 Octane. I do add Rislone Hy-per fuel to it once a month to try and keep things clean. Now my morning commute is all back roads and mostly downhill. On the way home I run the highways due to bus traffic on back roads.

STuff1

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2 DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have only 1500 miles on my 23 2 door WT Sas. I average 21.5 MPG and like others, drive it easy. Mostly flat roads. Speeds 45-60 mph. On the highway, if I go past 70’MPG will drop to around 17mpg. Overall I average 21 but don’t get on the turbo much. A friend has a badlands and the best he sees with it is 17mpg.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2024 OBX non SAS. 3.73 ratio.

Swapped tires to 285/70R17 Falken Rubitrek on OEM 17” steel.
629 rev 18 OEM off and 632 rev 17’s on.
As close as I could get to 629 trying to keep speedo within 1 mph.

550 miles ..15.8mpg max via
highway with cruise set.
15.4 around town.
Tires dropping mpg down?

Was hoping for 17mpg minimum if
not 19-20. Specific break in period?
What speed is "highway"? Anything over like 55 and it's going to start dropping hard.

My commute is ideal, like sustained 45-65 with very few stops. My tanks are 21+

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just recently made a trip to TN (4 hrs each way Hwy) and some around town driving while there and averaged 20mpg on my 2 dr '23 Base Sasquatch with 2.7 and automatic trans. Around 5K miles on vehicle.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
95% of “what mileage you’re attaining” is self inflected!! You can’t drive it like a drag racer, you can’t push it 75+ (it’s a brick), don’t drive to within 20 yds of stop lights and lay on brakes, etc.

No magic formula to mpg EXCEPT YOU…. Peoples posts about poor mpg reflect no common sense at work!
Sorry but it’s the truth.
Sponsored