First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@HavocOffroad Is it semi-transparent and will it flap creating more noise?

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess there's no need for an XM antenna cutout like some of the other mesh tops? Obviously won't interfere with signal, but is there a weird bump under the fabric back there and will it prematurely wear in that location? Otherwise, I really like it. I'll order tonight!

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but I never trust the "fits your vehicle" text on a website, especially when there's no toggle to switch between versions or photos.
You should actually visit the site. You would learn you have to enter if you have the 2 door or 4 door version. It doesn’t just magically say “fits your vehicle”.

Regardless of doors, we’re all paying the same price….$199. Unless we have a B6G discount code.

Ford Bronco Now Available: HAVOC Offroad® California Brief Top IMG_0530

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of a “safari top” from my Jeep days for the 4 doors, or more appropriately a “bikini top” for the 2 door guys.

Those were made by Bestop. My gripe with the bikini was there was small gaps between the roll bar and edge of the top. Water would pond in the middle and when you took a turn or shifted weight, the ponded water would dump in your lap.

I see this design extends over the roll bar. Hard to tell from pics, but it looks like the sides (blue arrow) may have a lip that slides into a clip on channel. Is that the case @HavocOffroad? Or is it solely secured by the straps?

Also can you provide some additional pictures of the front lip by the windshield. It appears to have a hump of sorts (not the light bar/visor) where I drew the red arrow. Curious how that attaches and stays flat.

I’m definitely interested. Seems like a fair price and having got caught in the rain with no top and doors in my past life I’m done with driving soaked and pulling drain plugs, lol.

Ford Bronco Now Available: HAVOC Offroad® California Brief Top IMG_0529

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Genuinely curious.. what problem does this solve? In what way is this better / different than driving with a soft top?

The top seems substantial enough that the driving experience would still feel enclosed and not like an open-air experience, but then it would be much louder than the soft top (I assume), make you more susceptible to weather-related mishaps, and not able to be folded to the halfway back position on a whim at a red light.

B34R

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 VW R32, '17 Audi S3, '19 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Genuinely curious.. what problem does this solve? In what way is this better / different than driving with a soft top?
For a lot of us, we don't have a soft top. Making this a great alternative if you like driving with doors off/hard top off while still having some shade from the sun.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The top seems substantial enough that the driving experience would still feel enclosed and not like an open-air experience, but then it would be much louder than the soft top (I assume), make you more susceptible to weather-related mishaps, and not able to be folded to the halfway back position on a whim at a red light.
This is for people driving with no top on and needing a quick solution if a rain storm pops up.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well hell. Close. I’m looking for a solid soft top that I can run with the hard top front panels on. Then I need to remove the front panels, roll back the soft top to the rear cap and reinstall the front panels. Weird use case, but night time coyote calling is a weird use case.
Fifty miles at highway speeds missing the center section is cold, and we’ve started with stars and driven home in the rain.
If the top will fit under the back cap, mayB I could run with canvas from town and roll the whole thing back when we get to the desert. The driver’d just be as cold as the guy running the spotlight.

Sponsored

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the ford bimini top which I think is made by bestop. Not drivable over 30mph unless you want your ear drums to bleed. I’ll have to see how this is secured and some videos of it going 50.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take off the hard top. Drive away from the hard top
Rain
Put on this top
Less rain on you, less rain inside the vehicle
rain stops
Take it off

Follow for more advice on how things work

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you are worried that it might start raining, leave your top on, and roll your windows down.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take off the hard top. Drive away from the hard top
Rain