First Name
Koma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are you using windex on anything vehicle related? Ammonia is terrible for so many surfaces inside you car. That might actually be the cause of your issue.

There's tons of ammonia free cleaners out there that you should be using.

I hope you aren't using windex on your window tints as well, lol.
Yeah windex probably wasn’t the best choice but even so, a mere couple uses you’d think wouldn’t be a problem right away. It might not be easy to see in the picture, but the “abrasion” is concentrated in the middle where I would be swiping/selecting icons and in the lower right where the play and skip buttons would be. I’d think using the wrong cleaner would mess up the whole screen. Since it only showed itself with an led light at the perfect angle, I’m hoping the matte glass cover will mask it. Appreciate the ideas and feedback!
Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah windex probably wasn’t the best choice but even so, a mere couple uses you’d think wouldn’t be a problem right away. It might not be easy to see in the picture, but the “abrasion” is concentrated in the middle where I would be swiping/selecting icons and in the lower right where the play and skip buttons would be. I’d think using the wrong cleaner would mess up the whole screen. Since it only showed itself with an led light at the perfect angle, I’m hoping the matte glass cover will mask it. Appreciate the ideas and feedback!
The ammonia can probably compromise the screen material pretty quickly if it's some sort of plastic. It then became softer and easier to scratch from normal use.

The screen protector might mask it. Good luck man I hope it does. Keep us posted.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

‘Best’ is the hard metric to quantify, but affordable is better. If it gets scratched replace it again. This one is a good match and from a decent “protective glass” company. It fits nicely and does what it’s supposed to.

Spigen Tempered Glass Screen Protector [GlasTR Slim] designed for Ford Bronco (2021/2022/2023) 12" Dashboard Touchscreen - Matte/Anti Finger Print https://a.co/d/co1xKKB
This is the one I ordered and have waiting for my when it gets here.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Badsquatch 12” display has been in use since 12/2022 and I have about 8,500 miles on Goose now. Finally got around to putting a screen protector on today and was really surprised at how scratched the OEM display is already - especially since I keep it very clean and never get salty fry fingers around it. Didn’t notice how bad it was till I brought in the work light to clean things up real good and do the install, but in regular light I never noticed till now. So I guess this is a pretty cheap glass or just plastic screen? Anyway, might want to think about protecting it sooner than later.
IMG_2604.jpeg
That was one of the first things I did, I have a 2011 F150 and it has a permanent fingerprint in the screen.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Almost 2 years later and 32k miles, I still have the original screen protector plastic film that came from the factory lol
I haven't had my Bronco that long, but exactly the same. I was very careful to cut the little colored tab off in the upper right hand corner and just left the factory film on it...done.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs