Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after 2 months of ownership, I finally removed the factory screen protector off my 12" screen. The fingerprints and the little yellow tab had to go.

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review E44C99E5-2306-4601-8129-09C3696A3D7E

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review DEE71B48-9599-45C5-8FF3-CEA7231922CD

I ended up with the screen protector from Screen ProTech after seeing 1Five1 Garage installation video on it. What drew me to Screen ProTech was the design of the protector, matte finish (when optioned), resistant to fingerprints and overall protection. Unlike some other protectors, this is designed so you see no edges. The protector will slide behind the bezel to conceal any exposed edges which could peel up and allow debris in.

Screen ProTech Bronco

Installation is not hard but I would suggest not rushing it. Instructions are provided by a QR code or simply watch 1Five1 Garage's and any others installation videos. I would say use a lot of the solution to give yourself more maneuverability and time. The gauge cluster can be a little tricky as its not a flat surface like the 12" screen and it angles back towards you. The hardest part of the installation for me was on the 12" screen where driver's side bezel was tighter in the middle than anywhere else. This might be different for others but I found I had to get my nail under the bezel and pull away at that part while sliding the protector behind it at the same time. I had to do this as well when using the applicator as it would bunch and bubble at the pinch point.

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 21B67AFB-3C8D-402B-8793-49952693FAF4

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 8BEACC83-E3CA-496D-8E54-30D4FBFBB41A

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 9AAF5D79-5E52-441B-A168-698F744E8396

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 5450F399-37FF-49BD-ADCD-1807854FC229

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 3776AE5A-B450-4D53-A852-B57CA97D8CDA

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review C1454CE6-936F-4819-8F82-696C7BED2051

Other than that, installation went smoothly in the Bronco and I recommend picking up that extra set. I didn't use it on the Bronco, but I also got this for the 4Runner and had to use the second one on the gauge cluster ( I did this before I did the Bronco).

6B1C6B2E-39B9-45C4-BD42-9F4BFE6ADA0E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Swervin22

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the detailed pictures! I just ordered this set for mine, and am exited to see it installed! Have you taken any pictures with the Bronco on? Maybe at night? Would be interested to see how the matte finish looks at night! Thanks!

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

good job. the gauge cluster piece was a pita to deal with. I ended up pealing that one off; unhappy with the results. the screen piece went on easily and I am pleased with it. My order arrived with an empty spray bottle that I thought was supposed to come with 'solution'. I Emailed them and as soon as it arrived with no response to date(+/- 3 weeks now).

Screen Protech

Badlands
First Name
Dalan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
screenprotech.com
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac XT6 Bronco Badlands Lamborghini Gallardo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after 2 months of ownership, I finally removed the factory screen protector off my 12" screen. The fingerprints and the little yellow tab had to go.

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 6B1C6B2E-39B9-45C4-BD42-9F4BFE6ADA0E

Ford Bronco Screen ProTech display screen & gauge cluster protection film - installation & review 6B1C6B2E-39B9-45C4-BD42-9F4BFE6ADA0E

View attachment 434053

I ended up with the screen protector from Screen ProTech after seeing 1Five1 Garage installation video on it. What drew me to Screen ProTech was the design of the protector, matte finish (when optioned), resistant to fingerprints and overall protection. Unlike some other protectors, this is designed so you see no edges. The protector will slide behind the bezel to conceal any exposed edges which could peel up and allow debris in.

Screen ProTech Bronco

Installation is not hard but I would suggest not rushing it. Instructions are provided by a QR code or simply watch 1Five1 Garage's and any others installation videos. I would say use a lot of the solution to give yourself more maneuverability and time. The gauge cluster can be a little tricky as its not a flat surface like the 12" screen and it angles back towards you. The hardest part of the installation for me was on the 12" screen where driver's side bezel was tighter in the middle than anywhere else. This might be different for others but I found I had to get my nail under the bezel and pull away at that part while sliding the protector behind it at the same time. I had to do this as well when using the applicator as it would bunch and bubble at the pinch point.

View attachment 434051

Other than that, installation went smoothly in the Bronco and I recommend picking up that extra set. I didn't use it on the Bronco, but I also got this for the 4Runner and had to use the second one on the gauge cluster ( I did this before I did the Bronco).

View attachment 434052
Thank you for the detailed review!! Installation looks like it went great and you can now look forward to AMAZING looking screens for years to come!

Screen Protech

Badlands
First Name
Dalan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
screenprotech.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good job. the gauge cluster piece was a pita to deal with. I ended up pealing that one off; unhappy with the results. the screen piece went on easily and I am pleased with it. My order arrived with an empty spray bottle that I thought was supposed to come with 'solution'. I Emailed them and as soon as it arrived with no response to date(+/- 3 weeks now).
Hello! Sorry nobody from our Customer Service team has gotten back to you! The bottle should have arrived with a small amount of our soap solution. You just need to add water and shake.
If it didn't have any soap solution I will be sure to bring this up to the fulfillment team and if there is anything we need to do to make sure you are 100% satisfied, we will do whatever we need to do in order to make it right!

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello! Sorry nobody from our Customer Service team has gotten back to you! The bottle should have arrived with a small amount of our soap solution. You just need to add water and shake.
If it didn't have any soap solution I will be sure to bring this up to the fulfillment team and if there is anything we need to do to make sure you are 100% satisfied, we will do whatever we need to do in order to make it right!
You're kind.

If it were me, I'd just tell the dude to add a drop of Dawn soap, add water, shake, and stop bothering customer service.

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for reaching out! I am completely pleased with the screen protector. The Gauge cluster is just a difficult install, imo, because of the location, shape of the surface, and the precise fit. There was nothing in the bottle; i even thought that perhaps the bottle was coated with the soap and the warm water would activate it. lol in the end, i just added a few drops of soap and all was well. I was frustrated that no one replied, but it all worked out. thanks again for following up. cheers.

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're kind.

If it were me, I'd just tell the dude to add a drop of Dawn soap, add water, shake, and stop bothering customer service.
lol, I sent ONE email, 'dude'. I didn't complain or 'bother' anyone. In the end, I did as you described and moved on. I was just sharing my experience for others on the topic.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol, I sent ONE email, 'dude'. I didn't complain or 'bother' anyone. In the end, I did as you described and moved on. I was just sharing my experience for others on the topic.
I'm just messing with you. Part of the humor is they have to act like it's some proprietary soap solution that's specially designed for installing stickers. When, in reality, it's just Dawn.

OP
OP
Gorpolak

Gorpolak

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed pictures! I just ordered this set for mine, and am exited to see it installed! Have you taken any pictures with the Bronco on? Maybe at night? Would be interested to see how the matte finish looks at night! Thanks!
You're welcome and expect yours to arrive quickly like mine did! I will get some pictures of when its on and at night soon. To be honest, I didn't know a difference at night from before or really even during the day.

The gauge cluster is just awkward to deal with in its location and how it's angled. I thought the same thing about the solution bottle myself as it looked obsoletely clear. I did the 4runner first and the instructions was a video from TRDJon and it showed an orange solution. I could smell it once I opened the bottle. Sounds like you got a bottle that was last in line at the soap dispenser!

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

View attachment 434053

Screen ProTech Bronco

View attachment 434051

View attachment 434052
So is this like the screen protector on your smart phone? Does it help stop it from getting cracked if something hits it? If not I don't get why it would be necessary. Thanks

Screen Protech

Badlands
First Name
Dalan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
screenprotech.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just messing with you. Part of the humor is they have to act like it's some proprietary soap solution that's specially designed for installing stickers. When, in reality, it's just Dawn.
It is actually Johnson & Johnson Baby shampoo but close guess!! 😂

Screen Protech

Badlands
First Name
Dalan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
screenprotech.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're welcome and expect yours to arrive quickly like mine did! I will get some pictures of when its on and at night soon. To be honest, I didn't know a difference at night from before or really even during the day.

The gauge cluster is just awkward to deal with in its location and how it's angled. I thought the same thing about the solution bottle myself as it looked obsoletely clear. I did the 4runner first and the instructions was a video from TRDJon and it showed an orange solution. I could smell it once I opened the bottle. Sounds like you got a bottle that was last in line at the soap dispenser!
The gauge cluster on a few vehicles are very difficult to install. The 4Runner is one of them. My recommendation is to go HEAVY on the soap solution so you have time to slide it around and get all the edges to lay down before it starts to stick too much.
We have always used the same soap solution but we did have orange bottles in the past! However, I can assure you that the liquid inside was clear.

Screen Protech

Badlands
First Name
Dalan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
screenprotech.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So is this like the screen protector on your smart phone? Does it help stop it from getting cracked if something hits it? If not I don't get why it would be necessary. Thanks
It helps with impact resistance, fingerprint reduction, covering existing scratches and preventing new ones, has a very slick touch, and adds an HD look!
You can use B6G10 for a 10% discount if you would like to see for yourself!

Cprgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the website says add water
Sponsored