First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How are you getting around credit cards/banking?
Banking is a tough one. All your local police or the FBI need to see your bank records (or medical records) is their own admistrative subpoena that they sign - no judge required. Idiotic 3rd Party Doctrine. And, no doubt banks are selling your banking info to data brokers to sell to advertisers. So cash and a big safe can be king for those into privacy, but I still invest where that is all out there. Gotta keep the IRS in the loop. For credit cards pay the expense for prepaid credit cards with cash or at least use www.privacy.com for privacy cards.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I admire your commitment, and while I'm quite capable technically I'm always so skeptical on the effort to outcome of this kind of privacy.

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I admire your commitment, and while I'm quite capable technically I'm always so skeptical on the effort to outcome of this kind of privacy.
Yeah, most people could care less about privacy and for those who consider privacy, most see it as too much of an effort or not working well. It depends what your goals are. Social media kills you and I don't use it (except for one fake/anonymous Twitter/X account to check things out - never post). Many are addicted to social media. If you Google my name and address nothing (zero, zip, nada) comes up. I admit I am on an the extreme, but for me it is a hobby and fun. Kind of like shooting for that perfect credit score. Does not really matter, but some have fun with it.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m curious about what people that donā€™t care about privacy think of data brokers selling driving data to insurance companies? I doubt the details were in the user agreement everyone accepts. Kinda surreptitious if you ask me. All this stuff has a boiling the frog element.
When might dna testing data end up impacting your healthcare premiums? What if they want to shut down your engine if you get off certain trails? The EU is mandating that cars automatically reduce speed when over the limit. There seems to be no limit to how much bureaucrats want to use technology to surveil and control you. I donā€™t think itā€™s paranoia, but Iā€™m not sure what we do about it.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m curious about what people that donā€™t care about privacy think of data brokers selling driving data to insurance companies? I doubt the details were in the user agreement everyone accepts. Kinda surreptitious if you ask me. All this stuff has a boiling the frog element.
When might dna testing data end up impacting your healthcare premiums? What if they want to shut down your engine if you get off certain trails? The EU is mandating that cars automatically reduce speed when over the limit. There seems to be no limit to how much bureaucrats want to use technology to surveil and control you. I donā€™t think itā€™s paranoia, but Iā€™m not sure what we do about it.
what you bring up here is exactly why I worry about this stuff. Itā€™s not that I have anything at all to hide but rather it is the lure of big money for companies like Ford for selling personal data and the governments love of overreach is seriously concerning to me.

folks can balk and laugh at those who are concerned but this, but isnā€™t some tin foil hat conspiracy theory on what might happen, this is an absolute reality what is happening.

scary stuff.
Sponsored