First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else get this message AFTER turning the engine off? I've gotten it occasionally while running, but seem to get it more often when I have just shut it down. I've gotten to the point I just ignore it but really don't want to be stuck somewhere.
Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup all the time. Mine is a parasitic draw that none of the 4 dealers in 2 states can find. I will have to jump it occasionally and usually with a small jump pack, but at times, like Sunday it was beyond dead and have to jump it with cables. Good luck.

does ford pass give you notifications also and if so what do they say?

Oh and before anyone says it’s my auxiliary add ons, it’s not. 3 sets of lights, 2 amps, LOC, GMRS and a winch have been disconnected.

my “solution” is to add a battery cuz it’s pretty annoying not having a radio while listening to this shit soft top. Why not as not one effin’ tech is competent. They can’t even show their work on how they prove or come to a conclusion. About ready to ghost ride that bitch through the showroom window. This has been going on since February. So dealers will create a case number after I did and they supersede me so my case disappears. Ford is no help and get ready for the super nice bot to ask for your vin and go no where.

Last edited:

4door4family

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F350 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only when I park at one particular location in town. Happens every time. I know not to lock my doors either when I park there, cause the key fob stops working and I have to use the emergency key to get in. Which sets off the alarm. I have to place the key fob in its special spot in the center console to get it to start. It's like this location has a force field that screws with key fobs.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing on FordPass. This is when I'm in the vehicle and just hit the button to stop the engine which is so weird. Nothing seems consistent with location, it happens at home, at misc parking spots, etc

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nothing on FordPass. This is when I'm in the vehicle and just hit the button to stop the engine which is so weird. Nothing seems consistent with location, it happens at home, at misc parking spots, etc
Happens when my fob is behind my Ridge Wallet since its RFID blocking. I just have to move a few things around in my pocket. Might be good to chek if you have anything that could be blocking signal in you pocket

Sponsored

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like possibly a charging issue. Bad alt or battery is possible.

edit: sorry op I misread your title. I get yours also but I was thinking it was saying preservation of battery for some reason

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This started happening to me after the last powerup updates were pushed. Seems like its more sensitive now. I've been meaning to replace the batteries in both my FOBs though, seeing as I'm at the two year mark.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only when I park at one particular location in town. Happens every time. I know not to lock my doors either when I park there, cause the key fob stops working and I have to use the emergency key to get in. Which sets off the alarm. I have to place the key fob in its special spot in the center console to get it to start. It's like this location has a force field that screws with key fobs.
Is that spot close to overhead power lines, large transformers, or a cell phone tower? Strong RF noise can affect the system’s ability to communicate with the key fob.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, no known outside source of interference. Baffled by why it does it AFTER I shut the engine down.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope, no known outside source of interference. Baffled by why it does it AFTER I shut the engine down.
Something is making interference. But it could be anything, electronics are everywhere and everything has a switching power supply. It could even be someone's LED porch light gone bad.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup all the time. Mine is a parasitic draw that none of the 4 dealers in 2 states can find. I will have to jump it occasionally and usually with a small jump pack, but at times, like Sunday it was beyond dead and have to jump it with cables. Good luck.

does ford pass give you notifications also and if so what do they say?

Oh and before anyone says it’s my auxiliary add ons, it’s not. 3 sets of lights, 2 amps, LOC, GMRS and a winch have been disconnected.

my “solution” is to add a battery cuz it’s pretty annoying not having a radio while listening to this shit soft top. Why not as not one effin’ tech is competent. They can’t even show their work on how they prove or come to a conclusion. About ready to ghost ride that bitch through the showroom window. This has been going on since February. So dealers will create a case number after I did and they supersede me so my case disappears. Ford is no help and get ready for the super nice bot to ask for your vin and go no where.
Do you have any issues with fob location inside the vehicle and starting? We've got one in here now that if the fob is on the hero switches or held at shoulder level in the front or 1 foot above the rear seat, it will not start. We just put a BCM in and didn't change anything. Literally missed my tech by 30 seconds before he pulled it out wanting him to check battery state of charge pid. Mine will not do this and lock/unlock and remote start from outside of vehicle all work normally. No accessories or other stuff that could potentially interfere.

Ford doesn't have any specific diagnostics for this issue and we already tried new batteries in original fobs as well as programming a new fob and nothing changed. All modules are at the latest level.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if i throw it in the tray under the dash it wont start or on top of the dash by the switches. i haven't tried new fob batteries, but imo that has nothing to do with my issues. sometimes the tailgate won't register the fob in my pocket which is quit annoying with a armful of heavy items. just sunday my front pass door wouldn't recognize my hand for opening the door but the lock button on the handle did work. that day also a quick left blinker flash, usually indicating a burnt bulb, but no burnt bulbs to be had. no led bulb "upgrades" so that wouldn't be a reason for it. at times when the brake was applied the left blinker would go fast, but only when the indicator was being used. the blinker, for now, has not been an issue.

honestly i could live with the fob issue, it's the damn dead battery that happens randomly. i'll guess around 4:20am fordpass will say to start manually and drive to charge battery. remote options disabled or something to that nature. but as i make coffee to leave and i can start it remotely by the fob most of the time. this is about an hour and a half round trip and ~12hrs between start ups. friday i drove it 6 hrs non-stop to camp, saturday i went crawling for 3 hrs and sunday at 10am beyond dead.

see my main concern is shortly i'll be out of warranty and then we get into a grey area about if it will be covered because i'm second owner. bought it with 7500 miles last november

sorry if my thoughts are everywhere, but i tend to be kinda numb to it at this point. and working 7 days a week long hours. the current dealer i just started talking with is telling about a 3 mo wait for a loaner. absolutely refuse to rent a car while i make a payment on one that i can't use

edit: i too had a fob programmed as "never again" only came with one and a new battery in the original. you know the outcome
Sponsored