Sponsored

Rivian shocks with R2, R3, R3X reveals! $45K starting price, 0-60 under 3 secs, 300+ miles range, NACS port

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like an early VW Golf, but
0-60 under 3 secs
is fun!

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always liked the looks of the R1's, it's just the same drawback all EV's have. Their range sucks. The R2 is fine for a small crossover, the R3 is at least different from other electrics. I still don't want any of them unless it was an R1 as a short commuter car and fun local toy, but it would have to be a quarter of it's current price to justify it for it's small use case.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always liked the looks of the R1's, it's just the same drawback all EV's have. Their range sucks. The R2 is fine for a small crossover, the R3 is at least different from other electrics. I still don't want any of them unless it was an R1 as a short commuter car and fun local toy, but it would have to be a quarter of it's current price to justify it for it's small use case.
Exactly. I just sold my R1T. I really liked it and used it to commute daily until my firm closed and I now work 100% from home. Didn’t make sense having 2 vehicles sit in the driveway and long trips are still an issue for EVs so it lost out vs the Bronco. Rivian made a great product though so I actually put in a reservation for the R2 and will see what my use case is in 2026.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting that Rivian is pushing all their chips to the center at a time when Americans have decided that EV's aren't what they are cracked up to be. I get it, it's not like they had a choice, EV's is what they do.

But with EV demand slowing, Ford cutting Lightning production in half and deeply discounting the Mach-E, Mercedes pulling back on their all electric promise, and Tesla f-ing up the market, it doesn't seem like a good time to be debuting a bunch of new EV models.
I mean, what do you expect them to do, develop an ICE solution?
Sponsored