First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recall reading a couple months ago that a lady disconnected the internal antenna and installed one outside, perhaps on a rack, to overcome the issue. I can't locate the post at the moment but I filed it mentally in case I needed to do something similar.
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, maybe I'm just the lucky one but never had any issues with the OEM rack and XM dropping under open sky. The only time I've ever noticed it is the usual, under a large overhead bridge with lots of cover.

OP
OP
ctskier

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands 7 Speed (June 2024)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, maybe I'm just the lucky one but never had any issues with the OEM rack and XM dropping under open sky. The only time I've ever noticed it is the usual, under a large overhead bridge with lots of cover.
there is a member on this forum who I will be having some mods installed by and he says not to worry

so maybe it really is just what else you put on top

Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same lackluster performance with the series XM on my 21 with and without the roof rack. The threads about the hardtop have me wondering now. I tried to troubleshoot the issue many times and had zero luck. After struggling with this I took a roadtrip in a rental Chevy Spark. You know the one with 3 cylinders. I was trying to get good gas mileage on a trip to Sacramento. It was really okay for this purpose despite being so slow to get to speed. Why I mention this is it had Sirius Xm. And it didn't drop that signal one single time in all three days I had it on the road. Overpasses were no problem. So My estimation is that the Ford premium stereos are just shit. They don't build in any buffering time into the head unit so basically as soon as you loose site it dumps the signal. Additionally my radio would loose it in broad daylight anytime I drove near airports or police repeaters. Basically garbage.

OP
OP
ctskier

ctskier

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Badlands 7 Speed (June 2024)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Joy.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I took the roof rack off my Everglades and it did help. It is still spotty in areas where there is a lot of tree cover-- and it is still not as good as my Rubicon --which also has the antenna inside. I was wondering if some has tried putting a second antenna on the hard top with an unplug able connection for if you remove the hard top. I did search the forums of past but there is no recent experience or recent information. Basically can you run two antennas together or do you need to unplug one to run the other--and does it effect the GPS in the vehicle.
Sponsored