Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive searched and cant find them anywhere. Probably not entering the correct search term. Im looking for the front and rear shock top hats and "bearings" or whatever you want to call them. I bought Bilstein 6112s and Im considering just putting all new tops and bearings on them to do a straight drop and swap without disassembling my stock shocks. Its a 2022 Badlands 2dr Non Sasquatch if thats makes a difference.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front hat is either MB3Z-18A099-A or MB3Z-18A099-E. The -E has a fine thread on the studs so you'll have to check and make sure you have the correct nuts.
Front insulator is MB3Z-5415-B
Front boot/bumper is probably MB3Z-18198-C. I say probably because the catalogue does not show the front breakdown as of now.

Rear hat is MB3Z-18A161-D
Rear insulator is MB3Z-5415-B
Rear boot/bumper is NB3Z-5K570-A

OP
OP
TNcoupe

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Front hat is either MB3Z-18A099-A or MB3Z-18A099-E. The -E has a fine thread on the studs so you'll have to check and make sure you have the correct nuts.
Front insulator is MB3Z-5415-B
Front boot/bumper is probably MB3Z-18198-C. I say probably because the catalogue does not show the front breakdown as of now.

Rear hat is MB3Z-18A161-D
Rear insulator is MB3Z-5415-B
Rear boot/bumper is NB3Z-5K570-A
Thank you very much. Of course, most of it currently unavailable. Guess if I do it in the next couple weeks I'll just disassemble my factory stuff.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked on the -E and shows BO until end of June and half of those are already spoken for. If you don't plan on doing this right away, you may put the order in just in case something happens or you do decide to not take apart.

Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we know if these are same for non sas, bilstein sas, and also the new fox hoss 3.0? Curious I just bought the hoss 3.0 shock strut and springs but want to see if I need to order other parts thanks @flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2-Front cap MB3Z-18A099-E (fine thread studs)
4-Front and rear insulator MB3Z-5415-B
2-Front dust boots (bearings) NB3Z-18198-A
2-Rear cap MB3Z-18A161-D
2-Rear dust boots NB3Z-5K570-A

Unknown. HVBOM is showing front cap nuts as W7151365-S450 and the catalogue is showing W520231-S440. Both should be M10 but ones that go with the -E front caps are a fine thread, the older version are coarse. I have caps and other stuff that just came in for my 6112s so I need to get the -E cap nuts figured out and update my cookbook.

ETA: Mystery solved: We had 1 W7151365-S450 in inventory and it threaded on my -E cap stud.

Last edited:

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So are the SAS and non SAS top hats the same? From this it synthetic are. Or are the parts numbers just for SAS?

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So are the SAS and non SAS top hats the same? From this it synthetic are. Or are the parts numbers just for SAS?

yes they are I went from non sas obx hitachi shocks to bilstein sas, now to fox hoss 3.0!

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

yes they are I went from non sas obx hitachi shocks to bilstein sas, now to fox hoss 3.0!
I don't know from experience, but it would make sense that they are the same if both the Base Hitachi Shocks, and the SAS shocks both are compatible with the Bilstein 6112 kit where you have to reuse the factory top hat.

Wouldn't this mean that both are the same or at least both the Base and SAS have same dimension to be able to both be compatible with the 6112 kit?

Hmmm,,,

I'm sure there are hundreds of Base Hitachi shocks sitting in landfills or collecting dust in corners of garages(like mine)

Sponsored

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know from experience, but it would make sense that they are the same if both the Base Hitachi Shocks, and the SAS shocks both are compatible with the Bilstein 6112 kit where you have to reuse the factory top hat.

Wouldn't this mean that both are the same or at least both the Base and SAS have same dimension to be able to both be compatible with the 6112 kit?

Hmmm,,,

I'm sure there are hundreds of Base Hitachi shocks sitting in landfills or collecting dust in corners of garages(like mine)
Yeah looks like the sum for all the parts is $430ish plus shipping so might be a great idea so find a set of hitachi take offs.

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah looks like the sum for all the parts is $430ish plus shipping so might be a great idea so find a set of hitachi take offs.

I'm about to throw mine away,,, just taking up space. I imagine Hitachi takeoffs could be found in several dumpsters around the area... Maybe at your local 4x4 shop...

Dodoandduck

Big Bend
First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To dig an old read, does anyone know if the top hat bolt pattern is the same for front and rear? Bought a Readylift 1.25" front level, but am now looking at Dobinson springs and wondering if I can put the top spacer from the Readylift kit in the rear.
Sponsored