Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope not to touch them for a while. Not overly impressed with the quality other than the boots! The boots are absolutely fantastic! Fit extremely well!
I'm looking to upgrade some of the steering components. The Icon and Dorman tie rods are within $25 of each other which do you prefer? They both appear to be plenty strong but I haven't actually seen either in person.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm looking to upgrade some of the steering components. The Icon and Dorman tie rods are within $25 of each other which do you prefer? They both appear to be plenty strong but I haven't actually seen either in person.
Neither are better than the HOSS 3.0 ford performance ones, money well spent! Dormans only have 1 wheeling trip and maybe 200 miles on them? The way I look at it right now is if you have a standard steering rack Icon. If you have HOSS 3.0/ford performance definitely dorman since the steering boots(you don't want to use them on a standard steering rack) alone are worth the upgrade.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Neither are better than the HOSS 3.0 ford performance ones, money well spent! Dormans only have 1 wheeling trip and maybe 200 miles on them? The way I look at it right now is if you have a standard steering rack Icon. If you have HOSS 3.0/ford performance definitely dorman since the steering boots(you don't want to use them on a standard steering rack) alone are worth the upgrade.
It looks like the doorman boot uses a spacer to make it fit the smaller diameter of the regular rack… is that correct?