Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak,'24 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On Saturday I sold my '21 2dr OBX to Carvana and bought a '21 2dr BL that was program vehicle used by the managers of the dealership. Had 2300 miles. It was virtually identical to the BL I have on order which looks like it will be pushed to '23. I wanted CO so I thought this might be my last chance at a nearly new one. It's a 2.7, Auto, Lux, and Leather. I became very fond of the OBX, I picked it up last year, it was an abandoned order that I was lucky to pick up at MSRP, great dealer. I thought it would fill in the gap till my BL got here and that it did. Nothing special OBX, only option was the 4.27 locking diff. It's amazing going from a 2.3 OBX to a loaded 2.7 BL. They really feel very different and yet familiar at the same time.

So now I'm looking forward to new adventures in the BL. Fingers crossed I don't drop any valves in the 2.7. 😁

Ford Bronco Traded My OBX for a School Bus 68287040883__1AA6D986-D3F5-4DA3-A91E-AFF3414E0181
Ford Bronco Traded My OBX for a School Bus 68287045115__A77B7296-FBE2-46BB-8D6C-4852AE0704BF

My old OBX which I will miss.

Ford Bronco Traded My OBX for a School Bus 5081BEE6-B5D0-490A-9C85-15AEFECE4B50_1_105_c
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Saturday I sold my '21 2dr OBX to Carvana and bought a '21 2dr BL that was program vehicle used by the managers of the dealership. Had 2300 miles. It was virtually identical to the BL I have on order which looks like it will be pushed to '23. I wanted CO so I thought this might be my last chance at a nearly new one. It's a 2.7, Auto, Lux, and Leather. I became very fond of the OBX, I picked it up last year, it was an abandoned order that I was lucky to pick up at MSRP, great dealer. I thought it would fill in the gap till my BL got here and that it did. Nothing special OBX, only option was the 4.27 locking diff. It's amazing going from a 2.3 OBX to a loaded 2.7 BL. They really feel very different and yet familiar at the same time.

So now I'm looking forward to new adventures in the BL. Fingers crossed I don't drop any valves in the 2.7. 😁

Ford Bronco Traded My OBX for a School Bus 5081BEE6-B5D0-490A-9C85-15AEFECE4B50_1_105_c

My old OBX which I will miss.

When was the motor built? There is a sticker saying when it was built.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Congrats on finding what you want especially knowing that CO is going away. Parting with the AMB OBX has to be tough as it is a beautiful rig. Hope the transaction selling to Carvana netted you enough to offset the loaded BL.

With your BL being in-service at the dealership under the FCTP, it should be sold as new with the warranty beginning with your purchase. Can't live in fear of a possible bad batch of valves.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on finding what you want especially knowing that CO is going away. Parting with the AMB OBX has to be tough as it is a beautiful rig. Hope the transaction selling to Carvana netted you enough to offset the loaded BL.

With your BL being in-service at the dealership under the FCTP, it should be sold as new with the warranty beginning with your purchase. Can't live in fear of a possible bad batch of valves.
from what I've been told, per Ford it's the "in service date" so the date they started driving it/0 miles is when everything started. /shrug

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was sad to see the OBX go, AMB really is a great color and I didn't have any issues with it. Yes indeed, what I got from Carvana really helped offset the cost of the BL, in the end I paid $9k more for a vehicle that was $17k more MSRP.

You are correct, you can't live in fear of the bad valves. Since this is going to be my keeper Bronco I bought a ESP warranty from Granger Ford.

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

from what I've been told, per Ford it's the "in service date" so the date they started driving it/0 miles is when everything started. /shrug
Yep, the warranty started when the dealer put it in service. For everything else it's looked at as a "new" vehicle like car loans, I even got the FordPass points.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, but I think the Cyber Orange looks so much better than your old Black OBX.

The only thing I slightly regret was not paying the extra to get CO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone actually tell the difference?

Actually, I can see a vague hint of blue in the picture.
Actually yes, it can be hard to tell in photos and depending on lighting but AMB is really a nice color especially in the sun, a deep metallic blue. I grew fond of it, wasn't my first choice, it was an abandoned order which I got for MSRP, CO has always been my first choice but I'm happy AMB will make another appearance in '23, too bad we lose CO.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How has it been going from 2.3 to 2.7?

OP
OP
TheShark

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How has it been going from 2.3 to 2.7?
I keep remarking to my wife how different they feel. I became very use to the 2.3, drove it 10 months and have only driven the 2.7 for a week. The most noticeable difference of course is the power, the 2.7 is so much smoother, it just seems to accelerate effortlessly, with the 2.3 you really hear and feel the engine being pushed especially under hard acceleration. It kind of reminds me of the difference between the 1.5 and 2.0 on the Bronco Sport, that 1.5 really works hard, when you drive the 2.0 it feels like a totally different vehicle.

Of course I just have to hope the valves don't drop. I seem to be about a month before the "hot zone" but we shall see.

I'm also finding how different the MIC tops can be, the top on the BL is very much quieter than the OBX.
Sponsored