WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Parked my Bronco on the street yesterday after coming home from work and noticed this morning that my passenger side window was fully open. I checked my security cameras and saw that it rolled itself down ~10 minutes after parking/locking the car.

So I went back in the Bronco, closed the window, and found that it rolled itself down again after a little bit.

I got extremely lucky that this happened in front of my house instead of somewhere more public/sketchy otherwise I doubt I would've found anything in my car after coming back to it.

For some context: My passenger side door is extremely hard to close, usually taking 2-3 tries to get it to fully close especially if you're not used to it. Also, about once every 1-2 weeks it does that thing where the window quickly opens/bounces back when you try to close it. It was doing the window bounce right before I parked, but I didn't expect it to just fully open 10 minutes after I walked away from it. The window reset procedure also doesn't work while the window bounce thing is happening either because it doesn't let you hold it in its fully closed position.

@Ford Motor Company any help?
Sponsored

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Parked my Bronco on the street yesterday after coming home from work and noticed this morning that my passenger side window was fully open. I checked my security cameras and saw that it rolled itself down ~10 minutes after parking/locking the car.

So I went back in the Bronco, closed the window, and found that it rolled itself down again after a little bit.

I got extremely lucky that this happened in front of my house instead of somewhere more public/sketchy otherwise I doubt I would've found anything in my car after coming back to it.

For some context: My passenger side door is extremely hard to close, usually taking 2-3 tries to get it to fully close especially if you're not used to it. Also, about once every 1-2 weeks it does that thing where the window quickly opens/bounces back when you try to close it. It was doing the window bounce right before I parked, but I didn't expect it to just fully open 10 minutes after I walked away from it. The window reset procedure also doesn't work while the window bounce thing is happening either because it doesn't let you hold it in its fully closed position.

View attachment 583208
I mean, c'mon, it's not like you live in a sketchy city or anything... lol :whistle:

Definitely sounds like the door and/or window is somehow misfitting. Oddly recently I've had to reclose my driver door nearly every time I get in, since the window doesn't return after slightly rolling down?

These wacky Broncos! ✊

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, c'mon, it's not like you live in a sketchy city or anything... lol :whistle:

Definitely sounds like the door and/or window is somehow misfitting. Oddly recently I've had to reclose my driver door nearly every time I get in, since the window doesn't return after slightly rolling down?

These wacky Broncos! ✊
Did you get the window module update? Was hoping to do this soon but I wonder if it'll help with yours https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/door-module-update-fixes-window-flop.84125/

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder if somehow that window is reacting to the fob or maybe a signal that resembles the fob signal nearby. I realize it is a long shot, but the windows all go down if the fob unlock button his held down for fourteen or so seconds. Seems that one window is reacting like it has received the signal. Then again, maybe there is a wire that is nicked or chewed on that is causing the reaction. I would also add ghosts but there are no such things.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thought. See dealer. Has to be in window control module. Even if it were the switch/sensor or wire that triggers the door open drop window command it shouldn’t drop it all the way. The module must be defective. Can’t be a defective window console switch since those don’t work when vehicle is off.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you installed a start-stop defeat module under the driver's kick panel?

Do you keep your keys in your pocket or purse?

OP
OP
WheresMyBronco

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you installed a start-stop defeat module under the driver's kick panel?

Do you keep your keys in your pocket or purse?
I don't have a start/stop disabler installed and keys get hung up inside as soon as I get home, so unfortunately I don't think it's either of those.

My thought. See dealer. Has to be in window control module. Even if it were the switch/sensor or wire that triggers the door open drop window command it shouldn’t drop it all the way. The module must be defective. Can’t be a defective window console switch since those don’t work when vehicle is off.
Yeah, definitely planning to take it in soon. Just sucks to go without a car for a few weeks because every dealer here is so backed up. Hope I could at least get a loaner.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't have a start/stop disabler installed and keys get hung up inside as soon as I get home, so unfortunately I don't think it's either of those.

Yeah, definitely planning to take it in soon. Just sucks to go without a car for a few weeks because every dealer here is so backed up. Hope I could at least get a loaner.
Got it, I asked because the start stop disabler plugs into the door module and there are some reviews saying that the windows go wonky after the install. If the keys are hanged and the unlock button is not sticky, it seems like this deserves a trip to the dealership.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.