First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you still have the old links around? Would be nice to know the bolt size and bushing width without dropping mine first.
I grabbed mine out of the garage. The factory bolts are in the fabtech ones I had installed so I can’t give you a length. These are the lowers, haven’t replaced the uppers yet
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  6C02031D-F371-4084-8BAF-5AD5181AF80F

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  461CFEAA-4468-4518-B741-961F1D8146A8

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  6360A191-DF8E-48CB-AFEC-F0E93A8603F5

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  07F64E46-EED8-4BFE-87C4-1AFCCE1CD434

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  58740CC7-C870-4C72-BAE1-BF59CD95EBDC
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grabbed mine out of the garage. The factory bolts are in the fabtech ones I had installed so I can’t give you a length. These are the lowers, haven’t replaced the uppers yet
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  58740CC7-C870-4C72-BAE1-BF59CD95EBDC

Thanks. Looks like 9/16 joints should work fine. I can only get rough width measurements while installed but looks like 2-5/8 wide for the axle end and 3 wide at the frame end would work, possibly with a couple washers.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The angle of the 2-dr rollbar is different along with the aforementioned single nutsert. I believe a bracket could be designed that leverages that single nutsert and piggy-backs off the speaker pods mount. Overall, it doesn't have to be made of powdercoated aluminum/steel. The space behind the rollbar and the MIC top window on the 2-dr is smaller. One wouldn't be able to mount traction boards in that space. But it is still unused storage space. Such an attic shelf would be much smaller and consequently doesn't need to be engineered to support significant weight. I've been thinking of having a bracket designed and 3-D printed.
I do not actually have my Bronco (yet) so I have no idea what we are working with. Thanks for the info. I agree, we should be able to utilize that space. I'll start scratching my head for ideas once I see the layout.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks. Looks like 9/16 joints should work fine. I can only get rough width measurements while installed but looks like 2-5/8 wide for the axle end and 3 wide at the frame end would work, possibly with a couple washers.
If you need more measurements of something, let me know.

Sponsored

mustanggarage

Badlands
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 65 mustang, 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one week review. I installed the pedal commander last week. I have a 2018 F150 and I like the sport mode on it. I find myself switching to it quite a bit. it is the one thing about my 2.7 l badlands that I don't like. no sport mode. I know I can add it with forscan, but I don't like the idea of modifying my computer and risking the warranty denial if I have any engine problems. once the warranty is out I will probably do it. I also considered the ford performance tune, but it is more expensive has to be installed by the dealership to maintain your warranty (which is an hour from my home) and requires premium fuel all the time, so I decided against it. in the meantime the pedal commander is just 299 dollars, so a relatively inexpensive mod. it does not change anything in the engine, no change in timing, fueling or turbo boost no modifications to the computer so there should be no increased risk of damage to the engine over time, and no risk of warranty denial. it just changes the sensitivity of the throttle. it was very easy to install literally less than 5 minutes, and can be removed just as fast, and most of that was just deciding where to mount the box. I mounted mine inside the lower trim panel in front of the steering column so it is completely hidden. it is accessible by Bluetooth so you can make changes to it without opening the panel. unfortunately you have to disconnect the bluetooth connection to the stereo of course, but it doesn't have to stay connected to the pedal commander, only when making changes. It has 4 settings eco, city, sport and sport plus. each setting has 9 levels so lots of adjustment. I set it at sport 1 and have not changed it. At first it almost seemed too sensitive, but It took very little time to get used to it. The truck seems truly responsive now, I always thought it had enough power it just seemed sluggish. now it is just FUN to drive. it leaps off the line at the stop lights and feels like a different vehicle. I personally don't mind the auto start system in the bronco, and this system does NOT disable it, so if you want that disabled you will have to add that separately or go another route. but I am very satisfied with it. I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a bronco. Also, since it has eco mode you can tune it to get better mileage. Maybe if I go on a long drive sometime, but for now it is just too much fun to drive. https://pedalcommander.com/products/ford-bronco
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  panel
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_1590

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

one week review. I installed the pedal commander last week. I have a 2018 F150 and I like the sport mode on it. I find myself switching to it quite a bit. it is the one thing about my 2.7 l badlands that I don't like. no sport mode. I know I can add it with forscan, but I don't like the idea of modifying my computer and risking the warranty denial if I have any engine problems. once the warranty is out I will probably do it. I also considered the ford performance tune, but it is more expensive has to be installed by the dealership to maintain your warranty (which is an hour from my home) and requires premium fuel all the time, so I decided against it. in the meantime the pedal commander is just 299 dollars, so a relatively inexpensive mod. it does not change anything in the engine, no change in timing, fueling or turbo boost no modifications to the computer so there should be no increased risk of damage to the engine over time, and no risk of warranty denial. it just changes the sensitivity of the throttle. it was very easy to install literally less than 5 minutes, and can be removed just as fast, and most of that was just deciding where to mount the box. I mounted mine inside the lower trim panel in front of the steering column so it is completely hidden. it is accessible by Bluetooth so you can make changes to it without opening the panel. unfortunately you have to disconnect the bluetooth connection to the stereo of course, but it doesn't have to stay connected to the pedal commander, only when making changes. It has 4 settings eco, city, sport and sport plus. each setting has 9 levels so lots of adjustment. I set it at sport 1 and have not changed it. At first it almost seemed too sensitive, but It took very little time to get used to it. The truck seems truly responsive now, I always thought it had enough power it just seemed sluggish. now it is just FUN to drive. it leaps off the line at the stop lights and feels like a different vehicle. I personally don't mind the auto start system in the bronco, and this system does NOT disable it, so if you want that disabled you will have to add that separately or go another route. but I am very satisfied with it. I highly recommend it to anyone who owns a bronco. Also, since it has eco mode you can tune it to get better mileage. Maybe if I go on a long drive sometime, but for now it is just too much fun to drive. https://pedalcommander.com/products/ford-bronco
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  AD1554A9-1D4A-4684-B21A-F0861573B651
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  AD1554A9-1D4A-4684-B21A-F0861573B651
Thanks for the little write-up about the PC.. I’m considering it for my wildtrak. In my experience/opinion the factory sport mode is nice with responsiveness but hangs onto gears too long for normal day-to-day driving. It gets annoying.. To me adding a pedal commander in say sport-1 but leaving the Bronco in Normal mode might be the best of both worlds since the PC isn’t doing anything other than adding some pedal perkiness. Could have the responsiveness of sport mode without the annoying shift points for day to day.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Added some accessories, finally. Bronco was in the shop for a month after hitting a deer at night. So I added some lights.

Rough Country Osram ditch/flood lights on the A-pillar and top corners of the front bumper.

Diode dynamic pocket lights: 3" spot, 2" SAE white fog, 2" SAE yellow fog. Amber backlight.

Autmatch shackles painted eruption green. Paint from Touch-Up Direct.

The replacement grill did not come with new letters. Luckily I kept the old ones from the damaged grill. Painted them eruption green.

Once the weather warms up I have the Aeroskin I hood deflector and a BadAss Tents Wind Deflector to install.

bronco.jpg

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I do not actually have my Bronco (yet) so I have no idea what we are working with. Thanks for the info. I agree, we should be able to utilize that space. I'll start scratching my head for ideas once I see the layout.
I bought a set of the original brackets for my 2 door before realizing the roll bar angles are different than the 4 door. Even though @UtahBrandon (awesome guy) offered to let me return them for a full refund, I opted to keep them since we planned on eventually buying a 4 door.

After getting one in December and comparing the two, I don’t see how it would be possible to add an upper shelf in the 2 door and have any usable space without removing to top. There’s just not much space or clearance in the 2 door. Even if the shelf could be mounted, it’d be almost impossible to access it to stow/remove items with the MIC top on. I’ve never seen a soft top in person, so maybe that would change things. Someone else may have more input on that config.

The good news is that the bracket/shelf combo is an awesome use of the space in the 4 door, so I’m really happy I kept the brackets and purchased the upper shelf when it came out.

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend when I finally had time to install them in my wife’s 4 door.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  A3A5971E-A7A2-45A5-B002-3C0854FBD734
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  48B6FC87-5DA4-48D1-911B-B4BEA8ECDF81

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a set of the original brackets for my 2 door before realizing the roll bar angles are different than the 4 door. Even though @UtahBrandon (awesome guy) offered to let me return them for a full refund, I opted to keep them since we planned on eventually buying a 4 door.

After getting one in December and comparing the two, I don’t see how it would be possible to add an upper shelf in the 2 door and have any usable space without removing to top. There’s just not much space or clearance in the 2 door. Even if the shelf could be mounted, it’d be almost impossible to access it to stow/remove items with the MIC top on. I’ve never seen a soft top in person, so maybe that would change things. Someone else may have more input on that config.

The good news is that the bracket/shelf combo is an awesome use of the space in the 4 door, so I’m really happy I kept the brackets and purchased the upper shelf when it came out.

Here are a couple of pics from this weekend when I finally had time to install them in my wife’s 4 door.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  48B6FC87-5DA4-48D1-911B-B4BEA8ECDF81
You’re the first one to post the shelf! Looks awesome, and I love to see that it fits well on a Braptor as well! Let me know what you’re able to stuff up there. I’m trying to find an appropriately sized cargo net for it now and I’ll keep you all updated.

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you for that valuable insight! Appreciate your story and observations!