Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Calibrated my new J.T. Brooks automatic tire deflator. The things works great!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  deflator
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Added the Pura Vida Attic Tray:

https://puravidaoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/ford-bronco-attic-tray

Exactly what I wanted to keep recovery gear off the floor but still accessible.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  deflator

It can easily hold Bronco hammock, shovel, kinetic rope, tree saver, and 2 soft shackles. Does not interfere with rear view at all.

When I need to carry recovery boards, they hang nicely underneath. (I can still bring these up another inch or so). Cuts some of the rear view but still easy to see what is behind me.
We really need something like this for the 2Ds...

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We really need something like this for the 2Ds...
With respect to 2 doors, I emailed the company today. This was the response:

"The four-door version uses the existing two nutserts that are in the roll bar. The two door only has one nutsert, so you’d actually have to drill into your roll bar to mount a 2 door version. I don’t think most people will want to do that, so I haven’t designed one."

I would drill without hesitation but he may be correct in saying the majority might not. I'm not sure. I guess we need to prove some numbers or think of an alternate design.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"The four-door version uses the existing two nutserts that are in the roll bar. The two door only has one nutsert, so you’d actually have to drill into your roll bar to mount a 2 door version. I don’t think most people will want to do that, so I haven’t designed one."

I would drill without hesitation but he may be correct in saying the majority might not. I'm not sure. I guess we need to prove some numbers or think of an alternate design.
I would have zero problems with drilling a hole and installing a nutsert.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calibrated my new J.T. Brooks automatic tire deflator. The things works great!

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_6314
Intriguing. I have knock off Stauns and they're kind of finicky.

I got the DV8 shock skids on. I noticed a few dings on my reservoirs already, and they're getting sandblasted and rusting already too.

PXL_20230212_230317099.jpg

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Intriguing. I have knock off Stauns and they're kind of finicky.

I got the DV8 shock skids on. I noticed a few dings on my reservoirs already, and they're getting sandblasted and rusting already too.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  PXL_20230212_230317099
Still have those stock trailing arms with the hard rubber bushings?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still have those stock trailing arms with the hard rubber bushings?
I do. It was hilarious watching the axle just hang in midair suspended by only the links when I took the shocks out. Used to it dropping to the ground on anything else I've built. Maybe after summer when things settle down I'll build some new lowers with johnny joints.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I do. It was hilarious watching the axle just hang in midair suspended by only the links when I took the shocks out. Used to it dropping to the ground on anything else I've built. Maybe after summer when things settle down I'll build some new lowers with johnny joints.

I really do think replacing the rear links and track bar with real, moveable joints increased my articulation enough to rarely lift a rear tire on the same trails that the stock suspension was always losing contact. I think one of the best changes I've made.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The angle of the 2-dr rollbar is different along with the aforementioned single nutsert. I believe a bracket could be designed that leverages that single nutsert and piggy-backs off the speaker pods mount. Overall, it doesn't have to be made of powdercoated aluminum/steel. The space behind the rollbar and the MIC top window on the 2-dr is smaller. One wouldn't be able to mount traction boards in that space. But it is still unused storage space. Such an attic shelf would be much smaller and consequently doesn't need to be engineered to support significant weight. I've been thinking of having a bracket designed and 3-D printed.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really do think replacing the rear links and track bar with real, moveable joints increased my articulation enough to rarely lift a rear tire on the same trails that the stock suspension was always losing contact. I think one of the best changes I've made.
Do you still have the old links around? Would be nice to know the bolt size and bushing width without dropping mine first.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you still have the old links around? Would be nice to know the bolt size and bushing width without dropping mine first.

I can check. We have a metal scrap pile they went into on the farm. Don't know if it's been hauled off yet or not. The one on the non gas tank side is real easy to get off though.