First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Worked for Fedex 35 years. No unions. They always matched UPS pay & cost of living raises. Only ones at Fedex that wanted unions were slackasses who were always on the injured list. I got all the overtime I wanted and made more money than my managers, without a union stopping me.
How dare you??
Sponsored

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
UAW President likes to cite the billions made by the big three, but make no mention of the debt they carry. In Ford's case, their net profit margins are in the single digits. Workers should get a pay raise and profit based bonuses and that's about it. Paying a new employee the same as a longer term worker is ridiculous. Five years would be reasonable. 32 hour work week? Keep dreaming. Reinstate pensions for new employees? Start investing in a 401k or IRA like others. I'm all for the UAW blue collar workers getting paid more, but they don't really know how fortunate they are in some respects.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Pay em. The ask is high because our dollar doesn’t get you anything. I’d rather Ford court the high quality labor force and at least justify these MSRP increases.
LMAO. This was meant to be a joke right? Three years ago everyone on this forum was up in arms because the poor MAP employees were overworked and overstressed, everyone wanted them to make more money. Maybe this is why I never cared for unions, to each their own, but I'm a firm believer in you make what you are worth, don't expect to get paid just because you belong to a union.

With that said, we've seen far too many examples of the "high quality" Ford has put out the last few years. These cry babies should be happy they have jobs.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it ends up a strike I wonder how hard the southern states will come courting Ford with promises of tax cuts and no union to deal with. Tax incentives were a big reason Boeing moved headquarters to Chicago. It's a different world these days. This will be interesting for sure.
It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The only way the D3 can avoide the UAW is to take manufacturing to Mexico. If it were that simple ALL the plants would have been moved to Right to Work states. The union leaders are militant with the workers and as soon as Ford opens a plant in South Carolina you can bet the Union thugs would be bullying them to join.

I can't remember exactly how all the laws work with right to work states vs union states, but you will not get a D3 anything in the country that doesn't become UAW controlled.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
LMAO. This was meant to be a joke right? Three years ago everyone on this forum was up in arms because the poor MAP employees were overworked and overstressed, everyone wanted them to make more money. Maybe this is why I never cared for unions, to each their own, but I'm a firm believer in you make what you are worth, don't expect to get paid just because you belong to a union.

With that said, we've seen far too many examples of the "high quality" Ford has put out the last few years. These cry babies should be happy they have jobs.
I would be pissed if some lickbag made the same wage as me because we both belong to the same trade union, instead of pay based on individual skill and experience, regardless of years.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The only way the D3 can avoide the UAW is to take manufacturing to Mexico. If it were that simple ALL the plants would have been moved to Right to Work states. The union leaders are militant with the workers and as soon as Ford opens a plant in South Carolina you can bet the Union thugs would be bullying them to join.

I can't remember exactly how all the laws work with right to work states vs union states, but you will not get a D3 anything in the country that doesn't become UAW controlled.
When they move to Mexico, where will the Detroit UAW's work? Unemployment line, start at the bottom of another union, or go work as a scab somewhere else?

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would be pissed if some lickbag made the same wage as me because we both belong to the same trade union, instead of pay based on individual skill and experience, regardless of years.
As a result, that longer term worker might put in less effort and care less about quality.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre
This is what happens when workers aren’t allowed to organize. It would still be happening without worker organization.
This isn't Cannery Row and laws have made unions irrelevant aside from politics. Holding companies hostage for crazy demands is not acting in good faith. Reminds me of George Jetson complaining about his sore button-pushing finger. If people love unions so much, why aren't certain government jobs allowed to unionize? Why are certain unions not allowed to strike? Its all a game and someone is getting rich while throwing the workers a bone.

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With all do respect to all union workers here, you folks that want to do a good job, are getting equal pay to those that don’t give a shit. I would have a problem with that!

As a non-union worker all my life, I have no regrets. Sometimes when you find you’re working for a loser employer, it’s just time to move on. This has always been not only to my benefit, but to the benefit of all the “workers”.

Supply and demand, open markets….
Problem with that is if you look in the southern states with little union presence, wages are much lower because there is no collective bargaining. If it weren't for the unions setting the standards, there would be little progress.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speaking of Powell, he basically said the Fed will raise rates, which means mortgage (and car finance) rates will go up. More people will remain renters, and keep driving their current ride. So look for rents and the price of used cars to go up.

Funny how housing, energy, food, and even used cars are not included in the cost of living/inflation calculations. They're too "volatile" or something.
Forever low interest rates and Keynesian monetary policy is good for politicians trying to get reelected, but hurt the country in the long term. Essentially free money drives inflation and the dollar goes straight into the crapper.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Problem with that is if you look in the southern states with little union presence, wages are much lower because there is no collective bargaining. If it weren't for the unions setting the standards, there would be little progress.
And the cost of living remains among the lowest in the nation. Remind me to tell the story of how I almost ruined the economy of a small town in Eastern Europe with large amounts of cash spread around without thought. True story.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i negotiated bargaining contracts for over 20 years in a law enforcement environment. Without them....the monsters in charge can and will make a person miserable. No offense to the non union workers but being in a union my entire working career made for a much more lucrative retirement.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When corrected for cost of living it really isn't that much different. Then you look at job satisifaction and those in the non union plants is much higher. Hence the reason they continue to turn the UAW away
When you bring jobs to a job starved market to a group of individuals they tend to have loyalty. Then when the companies maitain a good working environment and relationship with its workers, they don't want the UAW to come in and disrupt what they have.
Sponsored