First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

how about links to google's cached pages in an iframe?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford pays them to create the content for marketing purposes, they are spending Ford's money, not their own.
Ford is spending our money to bring new vehicles to market. You're spending your customers money or whoever is paying your salary.

Ohhhhh, this is all getting so deep.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They spend good money to create their content (albeit spoon fed product to them for free by Ford, since they are a hired firm), so they have a right to own their content.

This isn't China. Our nation has longstanding traditions regarding property and digital ownership. That 6G users would "like" free and unfettered access to content that Bronco Nation expended resources to produce does not make it a valid claim to have access to that content.

If you do not defend your trademark and content then you will lose the rights to it. Bronco Nation will have many members with the Bronco rolling out now. But it won't survive in any meaningful way without user content very long after MY22. Likely, the objective is not to survive in the long term, simply to be the cameras and video content for Ford since a player that large generally doesn't facilitate that sort of content on a piecemeal basis (and I worked next to the Microsoft Studio back when the produced 100% of their product images and training videos for retailers/end-users..... Oh so long ago).

Ultimately, the success of 6G will reside with it's members and users producing the content to retain memberships and valuable information for fellow users. There is an incredibly long line of vehicle-specific automotive forums which have come and gone along with the tides of vehicle sales.

Bronco8G is coming and there is nothing any of us can do to stop it!
If they want that protection, then put it all behind a paywall. It's tough to control an image when you put it out in a public forum, horse is already out of the barn and all that.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Currently BN has just above 100,000 members. . Agreed, everyone close out their membership. Let’s get it down below 50,000. I’m out of there.
Quote and image from Google cache:
This is Google's cache of https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Jan 26, 2021 21:46:19 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime.
https://webcache.googleusercontent....onation.com/forums/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Ford Bronco NOTICE TO ALL RE: Bronco Nation Content [See Update] BN members

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm taking this as a reminder to hurry up and download every BN photo I see, just downloaded two more off one of the Black Diamond threads just now.????

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw Bronco Nation! If they think this will drive traffic to that crap forum, they're wrong.

Just unfollowed their YouTube channel also.

If Ford Marketing wants to have a better forum than Bronco6G, then they should have built a forum better than Bronco6G. However, they didn't. So, this is why so many thousands of future Bronco owners are with THIS forum, not THAT forum.

I swear Ford, stop cutting off your nose, just to spite your face.

So juvenile and Busch League......

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can still post the content in private conversation threads, no? Asking for a friend.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If they want that protection, then put it all behind a paywall. It's tough to control an image when you put it out in a public forum, horse is already out of the barn and all that.
That Bronco Nation did not adequately protect their digital content does not mean it is free for the taking. Ford doesn't have locking fuel doors, does that mean all fuel in vehicles tanks that don't have locking fuel doors is "community property"? I'm not going to lie, i've used the Oklahoma Credit Card a few times to gather gas while young and following my fathers poor examples, doesn't mean it was allowed.

There is also a process one organization (Bronco6g for example) could take to request access to that trademarked content. That wasn't done. Instead watermarks were retained and used in lieu of.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It says we cant post content, it didnt say would couldn't summarize what we found over there. ;-)

tbnlulz

Black Diamond
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Ranger, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never made a BN account but I wanna stick it to em too. Guess I'll go throw out my flannel?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.