First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I've been wavering and vacillating on a decision of late and having a bit of an argument with my Dutch Shepherd, Xena. I thought, why not take to the Internet, to an obviously biased group, and ask for an opinion. So, here it goes. I have a newly acquired 2024 Bronco Everglades and my wife has a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon ecodiesel. Xena and I are about to embark on a 1300 mile drive from Orlando to New Hampshire and then back. She, the dog, wants to take the Bronco. She enjoys the room that the seat down rear provides when she isn't sitting upright in the passenger seat. The Jeep back seat is okay but no real room to stretch out. She also prefers the relative smoothness that the IFS provides on the highway v. the solid front axle hunt and bounce from the Gladiator. Finally, she thinks that the option of 4A would be better on this trip considering the weather forecast and likely rain. That option doesn't exist in the Gladiator. My counter to her is the 26+ mpg that the Gladiator gets out of the diesel v. the 16 mpg in the Bronco. If you are so inlclined to pontificate and opine on the topic, please let us know if you have driven both vehicle models and what your pros and cons are. Thank you in advance. Oh, and Xena is the one on the left in the photo. The Corgi, and Ares, the German, are staying home for this one.

dogs on tailgate.jpeg
Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vacillate? pontificate? opine?...Sir this is a Bronco forum.

Take the Everglades...the IFS and smooth ride will help prevent the pup from getting car sick...things happen and cleaning up dog throw-up at a rest stop isn't fun; don't ask how I know.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My cat Xena agrees with your Xena and loves her Bronco rides. She didnt care for my old jeep too much.

Sponsored

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been wavering and vacillating on a decision of late and having a bit of an argument with my Dutch Shepherd, Xena. I thought, why not take to the Internet, to an obviously biased group, and ask for an opinion. So, here it goes. I have a newly acquired 2024 Bronco Everglades and my wife has a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon ecodiesel. Xena and I are about to embark on a 1300 mile drive from Orlando to New Hampshire and then back. She, the dog, wants to take the Bronco. She enjoys the room that the seat down rear provides when she isn't sitting upright in the passenger seat. The Jeep back seat is okay but no real room to stretch out. She also prefers the relative smoothness that the IFS provides on the highway v. the solid front axle hunt and bounce from the Gladiator. Finally, she thinks that the option of 4A would be better on this trip considering the weather forecast and likely rain. That option doesn't exist in the Gladiator. My counter to her is the 26+ mpg that the Gladiator gets out of the diesel v. the 16 mpg in the Bronco. If you are so inlclined to pontificate and opine on the topic, please let us know if you have driven both vehicle models and what your pros and cons are. Thank you in advance. Oh, and Xena is the one on the left in the photo. The Corgi, and Ares, the German, are staying home for this one.

Ford Bronco Decisions Decisions dogs on tailgat
After having done 1400 mile road trips in both a Jeep (Sahara) and Bronco (badlands Sasquatch) I’ll NEVER drive the jeep again. The difference in comfort is huge and driving the bronco is a treat that won’t wear you out at the end of the day.

OP
OP

fuitilium

Everglades
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Everglades 2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Bronco, absolutely.
And, don’t forget diesel, at least around here, is over $1 more per gal.
it is running about $.60 a gallon more than regular in Central Florida as well. It is cheaper than premium which I alternate in the 2.3L

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why would you drive 1300 mi on solid axles?

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Given that pups can get a bit car sick when they're not comfortable I would listen to Xena. If you don't she has the capacity to make your trip very miserable. Not that females are vendictive or anything but...

:wink:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco, absolutely.
And, don’t forget diesel, at least around here, is over $1 more per gal.
The Diesel gets over 1/3 better fuel mileage so will cost less in fuel. Here regular is $3.89, diesel $4.55. If you use premium ($4.59), then it is higher than the diesel making for even larger overall savings.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base