Sponsored

Looking into Portals what do people think?

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Portals remind me of tractors.

Ford Bronco Looking into Portals what do people think? IMG_8519
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I just did King 2.5s w Cambridge upper control anrm and have the advanced fiberglass concept 5in fenders and 37s fit with plenty of room. Even with the 2022 SAS bilsteins we’re fine before the upgrade. It is worth noting that the tires are km3s so they are smaller than other tires. No idea if I could fit 40s tho so can’t speak to that at all. My front driver side axle did break in half in a mud pit with the 37s when being winched out by two jeeps…. Now I have RCV front axles but they got a damn click noise when I turn.

I’d say wait a bit as another poster pointed out that the portals are still new to the market.
So how do you like the ride of the Kings when compared to stock HOSS 2? On road? Off road?

There are 30 settings with the resi valve..... if fully open were 0 and completely closed (as tight as they will go) were 30... where do you run the front setting and where do you run the rears?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Portals remind me of tractors.

Ford Bronco Looking into Portals what do people think? IMG_8519
Just guessing here but I think that might be just slightly over 80 inches wide. Doesn't that require the raptor style amber grill lights??? 😆

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking for the best way (not the most economical which portals would not be) to be able to run 37s and hell maybe even 40s someday on the Bronco Wildtrack with Sasquatch package while maintaining low center of gravity, gaining ground clearance, maintaining good highway ride, and maybe adding/increasing durability. Looks like 74 Weld has a bolt on portal that would allow for that.
everything about portals is great but the price

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

everything about portals is great but the price
They are very expensive.... But.... If you consider what you get for the price... (74 Weld)

1) Axle lift that can not be replicated by any other means
2) Upgraded axle shafts
3) upgraded gearing (regear) but actually better because it regears outside the axles alleviating tortional stress before the ring and pinion.
4) upgraded Brakes.
5) simple easy installation (relatively).

Try to price out replicating this by any other method I think you will find that the price is rather reasonable.... Although yes, expensive. But you are doing a lot, not just a lift.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are very expensive.... But.... If you consider what you get for the price... (74 Weld)

1) Axle lift that can not be replicated by any other means
2) Upgraded axle shafts
3) upgraded gearing (regear) but actually better because it regears outside the axles alleviating tortional stress before the ring and pinion.
4) upgraded Brakes.
5) simple easy installation (relatively).

Try to price out replicating this by any other method I think you will find that the price is rather reasonable.... Although yes, expensive. But you are doing a lot, not just a lift.
Portals are like Bloodsport-era Jean Claude Van Damme when all we needed was Honey I Shrunk the Kid's Rick Moranis. lol

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Portals are like Bloodsport-era Jean Claude Van Damme when all we needed was Honey I Shrunk the Kid's Rick Moranis. lol
lets just hope they do not age like Jean Claude Van Damme .... :ROFLMAO:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In my experience, anyone who starts a sentence with, "I have a Wildtrak with the Sasquatch package..."
It could be worse... Like me...

"I have the OBX without the Sasquatch package..." LOL. Did I get the right package for hardcore off-roading? ;)
Sponsored