Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This pretty much kills the need for a black diamond trim. You can get a BB with signature headlights, Rear Locking Diff (or SAS)and MGV/Washout. Just slap some aftermarket bash plates on and new wheels. Tires and your are GTG.
Disagree. I still think there is value in the Black Diamond with the standard features. Yes, bash plates, wheels/tires, bumpers can all be had after delivery at a considerable cost than the price difference between the two trims. The BB only has the 4.27 rear diff when optioning the rear locker whereas the BD includes the rear locker with 4.46 gearing standard. There are some items that the BB can option (AUX switches, HD Mod bumper (with plastic skid, now) to make it somewhat comparable to the BD. But the BB can not get rock rails or the rear steel bumper.

Overall, I think both are value trims based on the needs/wants of the buyer especially now with the MGV/washout on the BB, now. But the BD with it's standard features is value driven fully capable stock from the factory without optioning items.

Edit: And to add, we don't know Ford's intentions for MY'24 as to whether these standard features (MGV/washout floor) for Job2 will remain standard features. Could very well be a unique window to gain the MGV/washout floor on lower trims as cloth (new styles) become available for MY'24.
Sponsored

Last edited:

josephc04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This sucks. I was getting planning on ordering my Bronco within the next year. I can't stand MGV or leather, so this is deal breaker for me. Might have to wait and see what the new Tacoma pricing looks like.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The BB only has the 4.27 rear diff when optioning the rear locker whereas the BD includes the rear locker with 4.46 gearing standard.
*If* you assume an automatic transmission. Which many of us do not. MT gets 4.46 regardless--if you can get a MT (says "limited availability" now on B&P).

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Disagree. I still think there is value in the Black Diamond with the standard features. Yes, bash plates, wheels/tires, bumpers can all be had after delivery at a considerable cost than the price difference between the two trims. The BB only has the 4.27 rear diff when optioning the rear locker whereas the BD includes the rear locker with 4.46 gearing standard. There are some items that the BB can option (AUX switches, HD Mod bumper (with plastic skid, now) to make it somewhat comparable to the BD. But the BB can not get rock rails or the rear steel bumper.

Overall, I think both are value trims based on the needs/wants of the buyer especially now with the MGV/washout on the BB, now. But the BD with it's standard features is value driven fully capable stock from the factory without optioning items.
I was looking over both of these trims just to get an idea if my HE never gets built. My original BD order was squatch/2.7/auto/mid/bumper, would have to pull the price but current build prices between the two are:

BD $57920
BB $56890

These are for two doors, both equal to what I ordered before and I even added the side steps to the BB to offset the rockrails on the BD. Optioned like this the only difference that I can tell is the full bashplates, rear bumper and the grille. That's a tick over $1000 more for the BD and a tick under $1500 if you wanted to drop the steps from the BB.

Now I do agree if you were looking at less optioned choices BD jumps ahead if you keep it pretty much stock but if you plan on changing out parts anyway the value pricing of all the trims pretty much goes out the window in my opinion.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking over both of these trims just to get an idea if my HE never gets built. My original BD order was squatch/2.7/auto/mid/bumper, would have to pull the price but current build prices between the two are:

BD $57920
BB $56890

These are for two doors, both equal to what I ordered before and I even added the side steps to the BB to offset the rockrails on the BD. Optioned like this the only difference that I can tell is the full bashplates, rear bumper and the grille. That's a tick over $1000 more for the BD and a tick under $1500 if you wanted to drop the steps from the BB.

Now I do agree if you were looking at less optioned choices BD jumps ahead if you keep it pretty much stock but if you plan on changing out parts anyway the value pricing of all the trims pretty much goes out the window in my opinion.
Everyone is different.

To me, the only benefit to the Big Bend was the available light-colored cloth seats. Without that option and standard MGV along all three of the lowest trim levels, Big Bend sounds to me like the trim that could go away.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Edit: And to add, we don't know Ford's intentions for MY'24 as to whether these standard features (MGV/washout floor) for Job2 will remain standard features. Could very well be a unique window to gain the MGV/washout floor on lower trims as cloth (new styles) become available for MY'24.
Yes true. But then you have the people that are throwing 35s on the Base axel gearing. Uninformed people will not care about anything but the dollar signs and looks.

Mflies23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just had window sticker populate. I’m a a ‘22 carryover. 2 door OBX, Sasquatch, Mod bumper and navy pier cloth. Window sticker shows cloth interior and MOD bumper with steel bash plates. Was scheduled week of 6/1. How do I decode sticker to see actual build date?

Last edited:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had window sticker populate. I’m a a ‘22 carryover. 2 door OBX, Sasquatch, Mod bumper and navy pier cloth. Window sticker shows cloth interior and MOD bumper with steel bash plates. Was scheduled week of 6/1. How do I decode sticker to see actual build date?
Look up at the top of your screen and in between "CLUBS" and "BUILDS" you should see "TRACKERS" with a little globe-like icon. Click on that. One of the first url's there will take you to a post that includes deciphering window stickers.

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The build date isn't on the window sticker. The estimated blend date is on the window sticker, which is the date the frame of the Bronco and the body of the Bronco meet... but that's not necessarily the build date—it can be, but not always. That blend date is along the top of the window sticker. In the case of the example below, the blend date was November 22nd, 2022.

Ford Bronco 2023MY ch-ch-changes: No more cloth! Bash plates removed from lower trims! 1685035286636

If your window sticker shows cloth, your vehicle will have cloth. The window sticker is the "source of truth", and you shouldn't trust anything else on Ford's website. The problem is the window sticker can update between now and when the vehicle actually gets built—so you'll have to check again once the date gets closer. BUT, the window sticker is ultimately truth.

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Order in but no production date yet. OB with leather. Will our price get deducted since it’s standard now? And will the brown still be available?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a feeling all of the MGV haters have not actually taken the time to look at the MGV seats IRL.
Drove one at the Drive the Bronco Event. Was a nice cool 92 degree day. Seats were uncomfortably hot. Can't imagine how bad they would be when it's it's 116

Nobroncoyet

Base
First Name
Ohh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the new seats are the ones that come on base trim F150 they are garbage . Nothing to be excited about . They look cheap, feel cheap, sweaty in AZ sun and you'll hate them

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a feeling all of the MGV haters have not actually taken the time to look at the MGV seats IRL. All of the people who see mine have to be convinced they aren't leather. It gets pretty damn muggy in GA and I'd still choose MGV over the cloth.
That's because most leather seats are garbage these days.

The cloth seats in the Bronco OBX are really nice.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BD $57920
BB $56890

Honestly, I would save my money (as much as the sasquatch package seems attractive). I would opt for one of the following packages instead. (The Heritage Edition is the best bang for the buck, so excluding that).

Either a high package OBX advanced 4x4 or a mid/high package Badlands without Sasquatch - depending on what you really plan on doing with the vehicle.

If you don't need either the washout floors or the front locker, the OBX advanced 4x4 high package is probably the best bang for the buck. If you NEED the front locker and washout floors, just order the Badlands. There is no reason to spend the extra money on the Sasquatch package on the Badlands.

The MSRP on my 2023 OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 high package with tow and aux switches was $51,270 (I paid $40,251 for it).

PS - Most malls will let you on the property without a front locker.

Njchris1968

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford e350 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I be willing to swap my cloth and carpet and even throw In The factory sub if someone want wanted to. I wanted the MGV and could not get it.
Sponsored