Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still don't understand the 4Runner vs the Landcruiser (Prado).

I guess we will find out tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I still don't understand the 4Runner vs the Landcruiser (Prado).

I guess we will find out tomorrow.
I agree. The 4runner has to seperate itself. Hopefully they go 1988 style with a removable top but I think it's highly unlikely.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

3, 2, 1, standby, for the first of many whines, "but the 4Runner is not competition"

A new press release has been posted on Toyota Newsroom.

The All-New 4Runner Answers the Call of the Wild. Coming April 9

PLANO, Texas (April 8, 2024) – Toyota’s Trailhunter line up is expanding. Learn more when the all-new 2025 4Runner makes its world debut, April 9, at 7:15pm Pacific Daylight Time.

The All-New 4Runner Answers the Call of the Wild. Coming April 9

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guess Im one of the few that would say that the Bronco is competition for the 4Runner. 4Runners, Tacomas, Jeeps all have a cult following. I'd venture to say most Bronco owners do not, there are quite a few now, but nothing nearly as established as the other models.

This includes myself, was never a bronco fan/follower, if Ford introduced a new model name instead of Bronco, slightly different look but the same off road characteristics, I still would have purchased.

Sponsored

615_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D BL, SAS, MT, & 2015 F-350 DRW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guess Im one of the few that would say that the Bronco is competition for the 4Runner. 4Runners, Tacomas, Jeeps all have a cult following. I'd venture to say most Bronco owners do not, there are quite a few now, but nothing nearly as established as the other models.

This includes myself, was never a bronco fan/follower, if Ford introduced a new model name instead of Bronco, slightly different look but the same off road characteristics, I still would have purchased.
Gen 1-5 guys been doing stuff with Broncos long before Gen 6 came along.

OP
OP
Lewisj41

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how Scout may fall under this umbrella.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Competition is great for the consumer, look how much better the Wrangler has become since they introduced the Bronco.
I hope that Toyota got the message that they need a worthy off road version of the 4 runner to compete with the Bronco and Wrangler, at least 33" tires and at least a rear locker would go a long way to making them a viable alternative. I've always loved the 4 runners but they let the 4 runner stay way to long as is. They really made only minute changes since 2010.
It was time a long time ago to upgrade it. If they had upped the HP and put in a 8 speed transmission I would have definitely considered the 4 runner.
I love my Bronco and don't intend to get rid of it for a long, long time.
Good times for us, more options are great.
Excited to see what Toyota has done.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They offer the 4Runner in 2WD in the current gen. I don't think the 4Runner is a Bronco competitor at all. The 4Runner is just a slightly more capable offroader than your mainstream unibody mid-sized SUVs. It's mostly a mall crawler and occasionally overlander.

My friend and his wife - both own a 2WD 4Runner and only one of them is used a few times a year for towing. They would consider the new 4Runner I'm sure... but not a Bronco nor Wrangler.

Also, the new LandCruiser is more of a Defender/R1S competitor as it is an overlander with the low-ish ground clearance and less than ideal approach/departure angles.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sponsored

AUG41

Badlands
First Name
Marcelino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had to let my Gen 4 V8 go-Michigan Rust. Best vehicle I have ever had-my wife has a 23 Limited. While I wish the engines would get bigger instead of smaller I look forward to seeing this at the dealership when I go in for oil changes on the runner and sequoia we have. Pricing like everyone said is going to be a tough pill. Comparisons with the landcruiser and GX. Those 2 are are into the Sequoia pricing. Bang for the buck will be hard to measure since they are all getting up there.

I have to give the nod to the 4 runner for being a better over landing rig than the bronco and wrangler-rock crawler probably not-off roader well that depends on what time type of off roading.

They are going to sell a ton of them and like the older gen’s they won’t need to change much over the 15 years or so this gen will run.
Sponsored