Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Understanding of course that goes both ways and you could have just chuckled at my initial joke and moved on with your life like a grown man. Just sayin’…
While I make no claims to my maturity, I do know ridicule when I see it. But hey, you're right, cheers and happy new year! 🍻 🎆
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I make no claims to my maturity, I do know ridicule when I see it. But hey, you're right, cheers and happy new year! 🍻 🎆
Happy New Year, Good Sir!

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BL 2DR 2.3L MT & '23 BL 2DR 2.7L AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been too busy enjoying my bronco to keep up with this banter! (and apologies for the thread hijack)

We all have different goals, dreams, and definitions of what is rational. Also as stated before we all have different budgets- marital status, # of dependents, hobbies, vices, etc. I personally plan to sell a couple other vehicles to help justify this build to myself.

I choose to do things that aren't financially optimal... because someone has to be on that end of the spectrum... and if they payoff in terms of enjoyment/smiles/fun great... if they don't... I learn and move on ;D I already expect at some point to have to replace everything including the motor so I'm enjoying the ride.

I don't have a build log (yet) but I do plan to be attending several events, runs, and hitting all my old (and many new) wheeling spots in the next several months.

Even among those who will be doing portals I think I am the one who will choose the most pain along the way. I'm sure I will find the breaking point of several things along the way... we've already discovered that the rear calipers (once installed on the new rotors) wouldn't clear the back/inside of the pressed in wheel studs... so I'm having to use 1.25" spacers in the rear. In the short term I ordered better 1" spacers but ultimately need to decide whether I'll stick with the spacers and these wheels or go with different wheels altogether. The poke is more than I'd hoped... but I have the wider sasquatch flares going on soon.

Basic info:

74weld portals & stage 3 rack

RPG UCAs, panhard, "tie-rods" (FK rod end heims in double sheer configuration), and rear upper & lower links.

Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels

Fox 3.0 shocks (default +3" out of the box setting).

RCV Ultimate CVs

40" Nitto Trail Grappler M/Ts

Yes, it is tall AF. I think the roof is about 7'2". But my degenerate thoughts want me to raise the shocks another 1-1.5 inches and see how bad 42's rub (but then even the RCVs wouldn't be warranted).

I have very minimal rubbing on the plastic fender ~in front of the pinch seam at nearly full lock, but can do uturns, etc. without rubbing.

I will be getting my rear bumper installed on 1/4 and my underside protection and skid plates installed on 1/8. Eventually I will get all the accessories, inside and out taken off my other bronco (2.3L MT) and onto this one.

Intake, Intercooler & piping, front winch, downpipes, exhaust, BOV, etc. all going on soon.

I think we need to make a group for the portal owners to discuss specific issues, fitment, recommends, etc.

I believe Quinn and Bubba and others are sticking to 38's because that is big enough for almost anything imaginable... but also because they can continue to use the ford performance tie rod and the rest of the setup is entirely OEM (other than billet rack housings). It is also worth noting that the ford performance procal allows tire size changes to 38" (a minimum value of 579 revs per mile- per FP tech line)... my current tire size (39.76"), revs per mile (523), and gearing (4.46*1.22=5.4412) are outside of the ranges that can be input using the Procal device. I already had a GPS to watch my speed and have mentally noted the speed limit breakpoints... but I will be attempting to get the speedometer and odometer corrected ASAP (if you know Forscan allows me to edit these parameters to the values I need please DM me).

Pic below for the flames.

Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! Bronco Teaser

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been too busy enjoying my bronco to keep up with this banter! (and apologies for the thread hijack)

We all have different goals, dreams, and definitions of what is rational. Also as stated before we all have different budgets- marital status, # of dependents, hobbies, vices, etc. I personally plan to sell a couple other vehicles to help justify this build to myself.

I choose to do things that aren't financially optimal... because someone has to be on that end of the spectrum... and if they payoff in terms of enjoyment/smiles/fun great... if they don't... I learn and move on ;D I already expect at some point to have to replace everything including the motor so I'm enjoying the ride.

I don't have a build log (yet) but I do plan to be attending several events, runs, and hitting all my old (and many new) wheeling spots in the next several months.

Even among those who will be doing portals I think I am the one who will choose the most pain along the way. I'm sure I will find the breaking point of several things along the way... we've already discovered that the rear calipers (once installed on the new rotors) wouldn't clear the back/inside of the pressed in wheel studs... so I'm having to use 1.25" spacers in the rear. In the short term I ordered better 1" spacers but ultimately need to decide whether I'll stick with the spacers and these wheels or go with different wheels altogether. The poke is more than I'd hoped... but I have the wider sasquatch flares going on soon.

Basic info:

RPG UCAs, panhard, "tie-rods" (FK rod end heims in double sheer configuration), and rear upper & lower links.

RCV Ultimate CVs

Yes, it is tall AF. I think the roof is about 7'2". But my degenerate thoughts want me to raise the shocks another 1-1.5 inches and see how bad 42's rub (but then even the RCVs wouldn't be warranted).

I have very minimal rubbing on the plastic fender ~in front of the pinch seam at nearly full lock, but can do uturns, etc. without rubbing.

I will be getting my rear bumper installed on 1/4 and my underside protection and skid plates installed on 1/8. Eventually I will get all the accessories, inside and out taken off my other bronco (2.3L MT) and onto this one.

Intake, Intercooler & piping, front winch, downpipes, exhaust, BOV, etc. all going on soon.

I think we need to make a group for the portal owners to discuss specific issues, fitment, recommends, etc.

I believe Quinn and Bubba and others are sticking to 38's because that is big enough for almost anything imaginable... but also because they can continue to use the ford performance tie rod and the rest of the setup is entirely OEM (other than billet rack housings). It is also worth noting that the ford performance procal allows tire size changes to 38" (a minimum value of 579 revs per mile- per FP tech line)... my current tire size (39.76"), revs per mile (523), and gearing (4.46*1.22=5.4412) are outside of the ranges that can be input using the Procal device. I already had a GPS to watch my speed and have mentally noted the speed limit breakpoints... but I will be attempting to get the speedometer and odometer corrected ASAP (if you know Forscan allows me to edit these parameters to the values I need please DM me).

Bronco Teaser.jpg
So how did you get your portals already? I was told mine are palletized for shipping and they should be calling in a week or so for payment.

I see you went with the FOX... I was torn but ended up with the kings. I am trying to take it all one step at a time so I can measure my next move. So rub on the inside fender liner. Have you removed the plastic back there as part of the clearance kit? Oh I have lots of questions.

This is going to be so much fun... all the little details to make it all work.... I love challenges.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how did you get your portals already? I was told mine are palletized for shipping and they should be calling in a week or so for payment.

I see you went with the FOX... I was torn but ended up with the kings. I am trying to take it all one step at a time so I can measure my next move. So rub on the inside fender flare. Have you removed the plastic back there as part of the clearance kit? Oh I have lots of questions.
Same here, just got the call today that they are shipping next week (I know Christmas just passed, but I totally feel like a kid on Christmas eve, just waiting to look under the tree!).

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Basic info:

RCV Ultimate CVs

Ford Bronco 74Weld Bronco Portals now available! Bronco Teaser
Congratulations
But I second the question!!! How did you get them already!😆
I have a similar build
Portals, waiting
Siting in garage
Stage 3 rack
Fox 2.5 tuned by All Tech
Chamburg uca
NVM aluminum belly skid with UHMW
RCI frame mount sliders (hopefully can make work with belly skids)
RCI Bash plate
Bead lock rings for factory rims
I am plaining on 40's as well and using sas rims, Quinn had said that should not be an issue. But whats up with the brake caliper hitting??? No I am concerned, and i want bead lock but don't like any rims out there. What rim did you go with? What is the specs to clear needed? Bead lock?
Tire? I am leaning towards copper stt pro,
Sorry, like @5GENIDN soooo many questions!!!

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I see you went with the FOX... I was torn but ended up with the kings. I am trying to take it all one step at a time so I can measure my next move. So rub on the inside fender flare. Have you removed the plastic back there as part of the clearance kit? Oh I have lots of questions.
I haven't removed or trimmed anything other than removing the crash bar in front and behind the front tires.

I was going to do Fox 2.5's with the RPG Stage 3 kit, but after enough time passed and watching more propaganda/marketing stuff it seemed the only downside to the 3.0's was the cost... so I decided to give them a shot.

I presume I may have hounded Quinn more than other buyers (I've been bugging him for over 2 years about a ZR2 Colorado product)... I also know I was one of the earliest deposits. I have had most of the products in my build purchased for many months and the install of most of them were dependent on the 74weld products... based only on hopium I planned all the other stops and told Quinn when I would be in the area, what I was having done where, and hoped he was ready to squeeze me in. I made the trip out to RPG Offroad in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 2 weeks back for install of their products (everything but the steering rods) and headed to 74weld the following Monday. I was super fortunate that they were able to accommodate... and installing my set was also kind of R&D for them since I was the first to use the double sheer add-on (and first to figure out the hardware needed to use the RPG setup (larger ID pressed in fitting, longer 5/8" bolt, etc.); and because I was the first/only to be using those wheels, tires, shocks, etc. at that point. I then got an alignment at Off Road Warehouse in San Diego and drove the ~1300 miles back to TX for Christmas.

I had a great experience at RPG, 74weld, and ORW. Everyone tolerated me better than expected!

I'll be headed back to that area for some more installs in a few weeks.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same here, just got the call today that they are shipping next week (I know Christmas just passed, but I totally feel like a kid on Christmas eve, just waiting to look under the tree!).
No fare!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
No call for me!!!!!

Just kidding, congrats, and I know what you mean. Its like I am 12 again waiting for Christmas to arrive!

Sponsored

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting on some parts since early March.. ;(

They will be worth it!

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

YES! YES! YES!

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I haven't removed or trimmed anything other than removing the crash bar in front and behind the front tires.

I was going to do Fox 2.5's with the RPG Stage 3 kit, but after enough time passed and watching more propaganda/marketing stuff it seemed the only downside to the 3.0's was the cost... so I decided to give them a shot.

I presume I may have hounded Quinn more than other buyers (I've been bugging him for over 2 years about a ZR2 Colorado product)... I also know I was one of the earliest deposits. I have had most of the products in my build purchased for many months and the install of most of them were dependent on the 74weld products... based only on hopium I planned all the other stops and told Quinn when I would be in the area, what I was having done where, and hoped he was ready to squeeze me in. I made the trip out to RPG Offroad in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 2 weeks back for install of their products (everything but the steering rods) and headed to 74weld the following Monday. I was super fortunate that they were able to accommodate... and installing my set was also kind of R&D for them since I was the first to use the double sheer add-on (and first to figure out the hardware needed to use the RPG setup (larger ID pressed in fitting, longer 5/8" bolt, etc.); and because I was the first/only to be using those wheels, tires, shocks, etc. at that point. I then got an alignment at Off Road Warehouse in San Diego and drove the ~1300 miles back to TX for Christmas.

I had a great experience at RPG, 74weld, and ORW. Everyone tolerated me better than expected!

How was the ride back?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No fare!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣
No call for me!!!!!

Just kidding, congrats, and I know what you mean. Its like I am 12 again waiting for Christmas to arrive!
Did not get my call either but now I know it is coming!

Bored

Badlands
First Name
Bored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Congratulations
But I second the question!!! How did you get them already!😆
I have a similar build
Portals, waiting
Siting in garage
Stage 3 rack
Fox 2.5 tuned by All Tech
Chamburg uca
NVM aluminum belly skid with UHMW
RCI frame mount sliders (hopefully can make work with belly skids)
RCI Bash plate
Bead lock rings for factory rims
I am plaining on 40's as well and using sas rims, Quinn had said that should not be an issue. But whats up with the brake caliper hitting??? No I am concerned, and i want bead lock but don't like any rims out there. What rim did you go with? What is the specs to clear needed? Bead lock?
Tire? I am leaning towards copper stt pro,
Sorry, like @5GENIDN soooo many questions!!!
I'm using the Rock Monster Wheels Catalog | Hutchinson (hutchinsoninc.com). They are different offset and backspacing than the OEM or any of the recommended wheels... we hoped they would clear but they didn't have a set to confirm. I'm hoping the same tire as mine will fit on a sasquatch wheel with beadlock ring (a friend is planning to go that route; also waiting).

I hope to get in with All Tech sometime next month to get everything dialed in.
Sponsored