Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to be an optimist. Here's a few quick notes.

Scheduling - As of 2 p.m. CST we've had 8 Broncos schedule today.

7 are badlands either high or lux package.

4 yes 4 have sasquatch!

All are soft tops. I know it's not ideal, but if you can swing a soft top I'd encourage you to do so. The prep kit will help down the road.

Dealer allocation - Total output for 2021 has gone down, by how much I don't know. We still believe we'll fill 100% of our allocation with retail orders. We've been fortunate enough to have a lot of Bronco customers switch to a soft top.

Your dealership allocation will be reduced in kind by the total number nationally. If your dealer had 100 orders and overall production is cut 10% they'll receive 90. Even if they get stock orders with a lack of soft top retail demand. Ford isn't going to shift allocation from one store to another based on "buildable" orders. If I have 300 retail soft top orders and I have 100 allocation. I'll still be reduced by that hypothetical 10% like every other dealer.

First Edition - My impression is that your Bronco will be built in 2021, these will get priority for hard tops whenever the "fixed" ones are available.

Please email [email protected] if the recent news has pushed you to a soft top. We'll be happy to help.
Yeah real cool and all but I’ve had an assigned VIN since May. Is there anyway to switch my order to a soft top? I got trapped into this and can’t change so it is indefinitely delayed due to fords ineptitude with scheduling.
Sponsored

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Greetings everyone,

I'm trying to be an optimist. Here's a few quick notes.

Scheduling - As of 2 p.m. CST we've had 8 Broncos schedule today.

7 are badlands either high or lux package.

4 yes 4 have sasquatch!

All are soft tops. I know it's not ideal, but if you can swing a soft top I'd encourage you to do so. The prep kit will help down the road.

Dealer allocation - Total output for 2021 has gone down, by how much I don't know. We still believe we'll fill 100% of our allocation with retail orders. We've been fortunate enough to have a lot of Bronco customers switch to a soft top.

Your dealership allocation will be reduced in kind by the total number nationally. If your dealer had 100 orders and overall production is cut 10% they'll receive 90. Even if they get stock orders with a lack of soft top retail demand. Ford isn't going to shift allocation from one store to another based on "buildable" orders. If I have 300 retail soft top orders and I have 100 allocation. I'll still be reduced by that hypothetical 10% like every other dealer.

First Edition - My impression is that your Bronco will be built in 2021, these will get priority for hard tops whenever the "fixed" ones are available.

Please email [email protected] if the recent news has pushed you to a soft top. We'll be happy to help.
Just emailed you guys to see what a Badlands soft top switch would cost me versus my current Wildtrak.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks Zach! What do purgatory broncos do for your allocation?
They've already take a spot in the allocation for production because they are produced, just not released.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Zach - I know there isn't anything you can do but if you have a channel for feedback to Ford, can you please let them know that they need to just send us the built #BadBatchBroncos and let us deal with them when the hard top recall happens. The current solution that Ford is proposing - holding our built Broncos for the next who knows how many months outside in a dirt lot in Michigan elements is just UNACCEPTABLE.

As always, I appreciate everything you and the Granger team do for us.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah real cool and all but I’ve had an assigned VIN since May. Is there anyway to switch my order to a soft top? I got trapped into this and can’t change so it is indefinitely delayed due to fords ineptitude with scheduling.
No, you're in the tough spot. I'm sure there will be soft tops built now that will show up before yours. Logistically Ford isn't set up to make that switch on the fly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Zach - I know there isn't anything you can do but if you have a channel for feedback to Ford, can you please let them know that they need to just send us the built #BadBatchBroncos and let us deal with them when the hard top recall happens. The current solution that Ford is proposing - holding our built Broncos for the next who knows how many months outside in a dirt lot in Michigan elements is just UNACCEPTABLE.

As always, I appreciate everything you and the Granger team do for us.

Yeah, I can relay the message, but I have my doubts it'll make a difference. I'm on board with you. I'd rather have them and fix it later. Especially since it's a cosmetic not integrity issue.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most people who switch to a soft top will get their order filled. I'm guessing we'll have 80+% of our people that switch to a soft top get their order filled (unless we see a huge wave of switches).

So I can't speak unilaterally for all stores, but I think we'd be a good sample of the average nationwide.
Thanks man! I'm hoping you're right, fingers crossed there's not a Hard Top exodus....

Given me a bit of hope

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think most people who switch to a soft top will get their order filled. I'm guessing we'll have 80+% of our people that switch to a soft top get their order filled (unless we see a huge wave of switches).

So I can't speak unilaterally for all stores, but I think we'd be a good sample of the average nationwide.
I know you didn't mean to cause any undue stress, but as a 2-door customer, but I am pretty done with hearing about how great a plan it is to switch to a soft top. I would have done that long ago if Ford would allow it. Yet Ford continues to frustrate us to no end by completely ignoring us. Every time there's a new clusterf*ck from Ford, they say 2-door orders are still SOL. Why is it OK to treat this group of customers like it doesn't matter, just because there are fewer of us? There are far fewer FE orders than 2-doors, so that logic sucks. If Ford thinks this is a clever way to upsell us, then I'm even more furious at their behavior. I am just inches from cancelling entirely, despite all the good work Granger has done to save Ford's a$$ through all these clownish attempts at "making things right."

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So
Yes

No, you can adjust trims, options.

Yes, you'll get yours for sure. You may see someone who is getting built now with a soft top receive their order before yours. I'm quite sure that'll be the case, as frustrating as that may be. But at least yours will be right when it arrives.
Sounds like there will be no price protection for model changes, just trim, options.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know you didn't mean to cause any undue stress, but as a 2-door customer, but I am pretty done with hearing about how great a plan it is to switch to a soft top. I would have done that long ago if Ford would allow it. Yet Ford continues to frustrate us to no end by completely ignoring us. Every time there's a new clusterf*ck from Ford, they say 2-door orders are still SOL. Why is it OK to treat this group of customers like it doesn't matter, just because there are fewer of us? There are far fewer FE orders than 2-doors, so that logic sucks. If Ford thinks this is a clever way to upsell us, then I'm even more furious at their behavior. I am just inches from cancelling entirely, despite all the good work Granger has done to save Ford's a$$ through all these clownish attempts at "making things right."

I get it. I think the reality is it'd take a long time to go through the testing Ford has to do to come out with a 2 door soft top. I'm sure knowing what they know now, they would've had an option. But with 2 doors being a smaller percentage of the orders I can see having 1 top being a hard top as the logical decision to make to streamline production.

Now that they are in this pickle. That leaves less options now.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Appreciate your effort on communication Zach!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it. I think the reality is it'd take a long time to go through the testing Ford has to do to come out with a 2 door soft top. I'm sure knowing what they know now, they would've had an option. But with 2 doors being a smaller percentage of the orders I can see having 1 top being a hard top as the logical decision to make to streamline production.

Now that they are in this pickle. That leaves less options now.
Thanks for the perspective, which generally confirms what I thought. But ultimately it's a sign that my business isn't very important to them. I can't believe any of the spin they keep trying to sell. They really have screwed the pooch here with a bad contract, yet they honestly keep expecting us to hang on just because they send us crappy swag or points. They've made no other attempt to satisfy 2-door customers, and it sends a clear message to us.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our 2 door Wildtrak mannequin just went up in value. 🤣

I thought it was late July? I thought August was good, but I may be mistaken.

You'll need to place a new order. It can be as simple as calling your dealer and say I want all the same options. But, it'll need to be resubmitted.

Also, no rush to put in in ASAP. I believe you'll have a 30-45 day window to submit the orders again and your timestamp is all that matters, not your time the order is placed, as long as it's before the end of that 30-45 day window.
@Zach@Granger my question is that if September 3rd is the cutoff date for MY21 orders to be submitted I believe is what I read on here. One would assume that before the order banks open on the 13th of September all MY21 Broncos should be scheduled by then correct?

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger my question is that if September 3rd is the cutoff date for MY21 orders to be submitted I believe is what I read on here. One would assume that before the order banks open on the 13th of September all MY21 Broncos should be scheduled by then correct?
I sure think so. I'm not 100% on that September 3rd date. It may be true, but I personally Haven't heard that date spoken of.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak