Sponsored

Any sub enclosure designer/builders in here?

Big Lig

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F-150 FX4 Super, 2018 Jeep Sahara JLU
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I openly admit I do not know what I am doing when it comes to sub box building. I also do not know how much space is behind the panels of the Bronco (4 door). What I have seen so far suggests that a couple of custom boxes have been built at 25"x15"x15".

What I do know is wave propagation. Low frequencies are omni directional, so where the sub points is not so important. That will fill the space regardless. What I am wondering is if someone can design a box to have a smaller diameter, deeper install depth, that points towards the rear (where it has more room in the back to enclose, or even channel for a port)? Something like a 6.5 to 10" possibly.

The idea is to open up the options to subs that can produce deeper bass than the shallow mounts. In theory, that should allow for better overall sound with the top and doors are removed. It seems to me that the volume necessary for such subs (6.5-8") is 0.4-0.6 in a sealed enclosure. About the area available (without actual measurements to calculate).

Of course, I could be out to lunch.
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another option for a small box is isobaric. Very small box with a sub mounted in reverse and wired in reverse of rear woofer. Box size in this configuration is typically 1/2 of a subs required box volume except you have to buy two subs.