Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another happy customer came into the shop the other day and had us install a Diode Dynamics Triple Fog Kit along with an ARB Twin Compressor using the KR Off-Road mount.

Sponsored

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the outlet of the twin compressor is facing up, is there any room for a permanent line attached (like to a chuck mounted to the rear bumper, for instance)? Or wound the hood crash right into the connector?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Since the outlet of the twin compressor is facing up, is there any room for a permanent line attached (like to a chuck mounted to the rear bumper, for instance)? Or wound the hood crash right into the connector?
you can angle the coupler so it clears the hood

or you can install a 90 degree fitting and extend an air hose somewhere

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a reminder now through Friday, June 2nd. Our compressor kits are 15% off (discounts applied once the item is added to your cart)

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen some mounted with the mufflers on the driver side, some on the passenger side. Guess it really doesn't matter?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen some mounted with the mufflers on the driver side, some on the passenger side. Guess it really doesn't matter?
Personal Choice. Depends also how you want your coupler on the top to angle.

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! I ordered a twin compressor kit with the switch mount (I am all out of Aux switches, as they are currently filled with lights from you guys!). I just received notice that it is out for shipping!

Can you provide any guidance on a simple way to wire up the switch in the engine bay? I know a competitor has a simplified switch harness, but I was curious if you had any thoughts on how I might wire up just the switch to power the compressor on/off when the engine is running. Will I need an add a fuse like the video did on your website?

Thanks!

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure what you mean regarding a simplified switch harness. Nobody that Im aware of makes a harness with the switch and all that ready to go.

You'll get a switch in the compressor kit and if you want to power the compressor from the switch you just need to run a power line to the switch, and then the purple lead off the compressor (which is outlined in our instructions as going to an upfitter) goes to the other leg of the switch.

You'll use a voltmeter to test which circuit on the switch works best for you. You can also optionally run a ground wire to the switch also if you want it to light up when it's on. That's what we do.

We tap into a ground right on one of the bolts on the side and run a separate fused wire for power for the switch leg (when we do installs).

Here is a photo of the back of the ARB switch for reference. Pardon my chicken scratch:

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1685561020144

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what you mean regarding a simplified switch harness. Nobody that Im aware of makes a harness with the switch and all that ready to go.

You'll get a switch in the compressor kit and if you want to power the compressor from the switch you just need to run a power line to the switch, and then the purple lead off the compressor (which is outlined in our instructions as going to an upfitter) goes to the other leg of the switch.

You'll use a voltmeter to test which circuit on the switch works best for you. You can also optionally run a ground wire to the switch also if you want it to light up when it's on. That's what we do.

We tap into a ground right on one of the bolts on the side and run a separate fused wire for power for the switch leg (when we do installs).

Here is a photo of the back of the ARB switch for reference. Pardon my chicken scratch:

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Engine Bay Mount from KR Off-Road (NOW SHPIPING) 1685561020144
I'm disconnecting my compressor and pressure control from the upfitter switch and installing the ARB switch this weekend, so this picture is perfectly timed!

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm disconnecting my compressor and pressure control from the upfitter switch and installing the ARB switch this weekend, so this picture is perfectly timed!
Good timing. I always forget the switch wiring so I always take a photo whenver I do an install, this way I can always find the photo quickly :)

This was off our Lightning when we were removing the compressor I said "let me take a photo since I always forget"

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I actually used this mount for my winch controller pack relocation.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Migo

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this. The switch side makes sense, it was the other side (compressor, battery, ground) that was confusing me. Grimm OffRoad has a kit that includes a switch harness that connects directly to the compressor switch connector and then the other side has 3 spade connectors that go to the switch (similar to your photo). It did not have any fuses or separate grounding for the switch.

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have instructions to wire the compressor to one of the Aux switches?

Also, any current Bronco6G discount codes if I'm adding more stuff to the cart?

thanks,
Herb
Sponsored