Sponsored

Base Bronco kicker key and new speaker set up?

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The can definitely handle it, it’ll make my ears bleed with no noticeable distortion. FYI for the sub, I put in an 8” Kicker in where the factory sub location is using the Gearshade enclosure.
@Copperhorse73 - how do you like that Gearshade sub box ? Did you go square or round ? Interested in opinion on sound and how much new rattle you may have gotten
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Copperhorse73 - how do you like that Gearshade sub box ? Did you go square or round ? Interested in opinion on sound and how much new rattle you may have gotten
I like it. i got the round version. Doesn’t rattle at all. It definitely not an earth shaker, but provides nice punchy bass , rather than boomy

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I like it. i got the round version. Doesn’t rattle at all. It definitely not an earth shaker, but provides nice punchy bass , rather than boomy
@Copperhorse73 - did you upgrade from the B&O where you already had a subwoofer ? I have the 23 B&O now - trying to decide if Gearhouse with the square Kicker or just go straight to a tailgate option. The B&O factory sub is just sloppy anything about volume 15.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Copperhorse73 - did you upgrade from the B&O where you already had a subwoofer ? I have the 23 B&O now - trying to decide if Gearhouse with the square Kicker or just go straight to a tailgate option. The B&O factory sub is just sloppy anything about volume 15.
I didn’t have a sub, but have heard the factory one in another Bronco. The Gearshade option is a bit of an upgrade for sure, but a tailgate one , being a 10” or 12” would be more for sure. Really depends how much boom you are looking for I guess.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everyone originally said you can't stay with factory B&O amp and get anything decent for kick panels - they were wrong - another member here @teevan turned me on to the Memphis MJP6 speakers - ridiculous efficiency rating of 100db - they were exactly what I needed to fill in the midrange. Coupled with my Infinity Reference 407s and kicker Comp R 8" (with Key 500.11), I couldn't be happier with my system now. You do need the metra mounting and wiring adapters AND you need to find a way to get the wires from the outside wire module back behind the speaker (I drilled thru the mounting adapter) - that amazon assorted grommet kit paid off.

Ford Bronco Base Bronco kicker key and new speaker set up? PXL_20240316_005305105
Ford Bronco Base Bronco kicker key and new speaker set up? PXL_20240316_001957488
Ford Bronco Base Bronco kicker key and new speaker set up? PXL_20240316_002009675
Sponsored