First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
$250 for moulded plastic? This is even worse than the similarly priced Rockblox which are at least removable.
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

bryan@blumak3d

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blumak3d.com
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra, Z4M, K1600GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll have to make a video to explain deeper how these are made so the general public understands the quality and doesn’t mistakenly assume we are selling “molded” plastic.

There are 0 molded parts in our assemblies. The flaps are an extremely durable and flexible (enough for the task) Kydex that is CNC cut from sheets.

The brackets are 3D printed in a process known as MJF (multi jet fusion). This is a high definition industrial strength print process from HP and capable of creating structure within a structure that is stronger than seamless layers on top of one another.

MJF is the same process and material that many of the OEMs are using in complicated assemblies and production parts now. Items that couldn't exist before 3D printing can now come to life with MJF. Variations of materials can also be used to 3D print soft/flexible products with the same MJF printers.

The owner of BluMak3D is the founder of one of the worlds premier rapid prototyping houses and an early adopter of industrial Additive Manufacturing “3D printing”. He grew that business for 25 years. Before selling that business to start BluMak3D, we had over 25 MJF printers running 24/7. 1 MJF ecosystem cost $500K.

Everything we build consists of materials, labor, and real estate for operations 100% in the USA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Impressive. I like the install: simple, clean, and removable. At least for the OEM rockrail. What remains to be seen, as you develop your product line, is how you accommodate to other steps, rockrails, and sliders. I suppose you'll have to engineer hangers, fixtures and hardware.

Now what about the people behind you--or more explicitly, what about the rear wheel mudflaps? A truck with front-only mudflaps strikes me as somewhat imbalanced. Or incomplete(d). At $269-$289, front-only, you're a little over RokBlokz, ($260) and they'll want $160 more for all four, extra-long Sasquatch set.

What you claim about your materials is very impressive. The engineering looks simple (good) and they are attractive. Good luck with your USA-based product line!

(Disclaimer: I'm a recent--and quite satisfied--RokBlokz customer, having smashed two sets of Mabbetts. Between the two sets, I have a full set plus two spare rears. If anybody wants them--message me! For cost of shipping alone, or New England pickup.)

bryan@blumak3d

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
blumak3d.com
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra, Z4M, K1600GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Impressive. I like the install: simple, clean, and removable. At least for the OEM rockrail. What remains to be seen, as you develop your product line, is how you accommodate to other steps, rockrails, and sliders. I suppose you'll have to engineer hangers, fixtures and hardware.

Now what about the people behind you--or more explicitly, what about the rear wheel mudflaps? A truck with front-only mudflaps strikes me as somewhat imbalanced. Or incomplete(d). At $269-$289, front-only, you're a little over RokBlokz, ($260) and they'll want $160 more for all four, extra-long Sasquatch set.

What you claim about your materials is very impressive. The engineering looks simple (good) and they are attractive. Good luck with your USA-based product line!

(Disclaimer: I'm a recent--and quite satisfied--RokBlokz customer, having smashed two sets of Mabbetts. Between the two sets, I have a full set plus two spare rears. If anybody wants them--message me! For cost of shipping alone, or New England pickup.)
The Mud Flaps and Trail Sight Deletes are our 1st products out the door. We do have more goodies in their last stages of testing as well. Our range of interest is broad and our business will not be limited to just Bronco parts. We are making parts that make sense to us as owners and enthusiasts. Most companies dont have the luxury to do it for fun like we are so they try to make all the parts possible for every combination to cover the market for that vehicle. We don't operate like that. Anything we make has to be cool AF and impress us personally. We won't make anything that we don't strongly believe in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a dope video! I wonder if we can get a moderator to front page the video? I think that answers a lot of questions about durability

Cbgarrett

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far below the rock rail do the flaps extend? I have the mabbett ones and they don't provide enough coverage, imo. I am still getting mud and rocks hitting my back doors.